Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Big Threads

Re: Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Postby PinkSmurf » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

I love Chihuahuas. They're not worthless, the poor little creatures. I've been thinking about rehoming one and have been looking on Gumtree for one that needs a home. Most pet dogs bring their owners pleasure so they're not worthless. Chihuahuas make great pets for the elderly who are no longer physically strong and for who a big dog will be too heavy and boisterous. Small dogs can be great company. If you don't have a big house a small dog will be a great pet. Big dogs and small flats aren't compatible really unless you have access to a garden. A little dog if you're in a small flat is better.
PinkSmurf

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:39 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:I love Chihuahuas. They're not worthless, the poor little creatures. I've been thinking about rehoming one and have been looking on Gumtree for one that needs a home. Most pet dogs bring their owners pleasure so they're not worthless. Chihuahuas make great pets for the elderly who are no longer physically strong and for who a big dog will be too heavy and boisterous. Small dogs can be great company. If you don't have a big house a small dog will be a great pet. Big dogs and small flats aren't compatible really unless you have access to a garden. A little dog if you're in a small flat is better.

He's not elderly and has plenty of room for a real dog. They can't even be in the house with company because they won't stop barking. The best thing for the planet would be for coyotes to eat them.
Maddog

Postby luddite » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:I love Chihuahuas. They're not worthless, the poor little creatures. I've been thinking about rehoming one and have been looking on Gumtree for one that needs a home. Most pet dogs bring their owners pleasure so they're not worthless. Chihuahuas make great pets for the elderly who are no longer physically strong and for who a big dog will be too heavy and boisterous. Small dogs can be great company. If you don't have a big house a small dog will be a great pet. Big dogs and small flats aren't compatible really unless you have access to a garden. A little dog if you're in a small flat is better.

He's not elderly and has plenty of room for a real dog. They can't even be in the house with company because they won't stop barking. The best thing for the planet would be for coyotes to eat them.

We heard you the first time Madders. :woteva:
luddite

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:07 pm

luddite wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We heard you the first time Madders. :woteva:

Russian hackers got ahold of my account!!! :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Vicky » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:31 pm

article-2252586-16A1CBAB000005DC-849_634x506.jpg

:wubbers:
Vicky

Postby luddite » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

Anyone who dresses animals in stupid clothing deserves horse whipping. :monkey:
luddite

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:04 am

luddite wrote:

Anyone who dresses animals in stupid clothing deserves horse whipping. :monkey:

I disagree Luds!!

These dogs look lovely.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:51 am

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:43 am

Good news for one of the world's rarest dog breeds!!

A new discovery centre in the Scottish Borders could boost the numbers of the Dandie Dinmont.

Only a 100 wee Dandie Dinmont puppies were registered last year at the kennel club.

The Dandie Dinmont is the only dog breed to be named after a character from fiction and was named after a character in a Walter Scott book more than 200 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-38300626
Vicky

Postby Vam » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 am

A new discovery centre in the Scottish Borders could boost the numbers of the Dandie Dinmont.

Only a 100 wee Dandie Dinmont puppies were registered last year at the kennel club.

The Dandie Dinmont is the only dog breed to be named after a character from fiction and was named after a character in a Walter Scott book more than 200 years ago.

They have gorgeous eyes, Vic :wubbers:
Vam

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 am

Vam wrote:

They have gorgeous eyes, Vic :wubbers:

Their lovely Vam. :wubbers:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 am

Greyfriars Bobby is Scotland's most famous dog, there's a statue of Bobby in Edinburgh.

Here's Bobby's story, although i imagine most people will know it.

http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofScotland/Greyfriars-Bobby/
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Bobby has had several nose jobs over the years, because tourists think rubbing his nose brings good luck.

It doesn't and Edinburgh City Council have asked them to stop doing it, because they keep having to repair it.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:23 am

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:07 pm

The vet who became infamous last year for posting photos of his trophy kills has died.

55 year old Luciano Ponzeto was on another shoot, when he slipped and fell 100ft down a ravine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4028390/Vet-sparked-outrage-posing-big-game-animals-shot-DIES-100ft-fall-hunting-wild-birds-Italy.html?ito=social-facebook

I can't say all that upset on hearing this news.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive