Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Big Threads

Re: Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Postby Vicky » Sat May 28, 2016 6:11 am

Maddog wrote:
Victoria wrote:I shall ask our members (Trolls not included)

Does this make you sick?

Doesn't bother me in the least as long as it was legally harvested. If they are poachers they should be punished.

I knew, it wouldn't bother you!!

Your idea of preventing animals from becoming extinct is to kill more. Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat May 28, 2016 6:11 am

Frank39 wrote:

Does this make you sick?

It doesn't make me sick, it makes me angry, and I abhor the senseless slaughter of any animal.
Wouldn't it be lovely if Cecil had been feigning death, and suddenly opened his eyes, turned round,
and bit that cunt's head clean off?

If that Dentist goes off on anymore hunting trips, that's why I'm hoping happens.

I'm sure a few lions would enjoy a nice snack.

Vicky

Postby luddite » Sat May 28, 2016 6:55 am

Garrett1 wrote:
luddite wrote:

Does this make you sick?

YES!

So why the hell are you whittering on about snakes and hippos FFS?

Perhaps the vape has puddled what's laughingly called your brain. :flog:

Get someone who isn't as stupid as you to explain. :Wiiiine!:

Am I any nearer getting into your signature? :bum:
luddite

Postby Maddog » Sat May 28, 2016 7:35 am

Vam NLI wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Vam wrote:

Does this make you sick?

Ohhhh yes...

Anyone know what that grinning dickhead is up to these days? Maybe saving up to 'bravely' go and inflict torture on another semi-tame animal, before finally slaughtering it.

What is the obsession with calling them brave?
I know quite a few hunters. No one has ever really considered it an act of bravery. It's like fishing. A combination of luck, skill and knowledge.

Don't like it, don't do it.

:ooer: ...hold onto your Stetson, MD. I was being sarcastic when I said 'brave'. Which is why I used these >> ' '

Any recent news on him in your part if the world?

Tens of millions of Americans go hunting every year. No doubt he is still hunting. But he is probably being a little more low key.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Sat May 28, 2016 7:39 am

Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Does this make you sick?

Doesn't bother me in the least as long as it was legally harvested. If they are poachers they should be punished.

Are cows or sheep in danger of going extinct? Why are you so adverse to logic and such a poor defender of animals? Can't you park your childlike emotions and do something that actually helps animals in lieu of making you feel better?
Maddog

Postby Vicky » Sat May 28, 2016 9:33 am

Maddog wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Does this make you sick?

Are cows or sheep in danger of going extinct? Why are you so adverse to logic and such a poor defender of animals? Can't you park your childlike emotions and do something that actually helps animals in lieu of making you feel better?

This is more or less identical to a conversation me and you had on SOL, about seven years ago.

You can't discuss things with you, you're too unreasonable.
Vicky

Postby Maddog » Sat May 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Does this make you sick?

This is more or less identical to a conversation me and you had on SOL, about seven years ago.

You can't discuss things with you, you're too unreasonable.

I'm too rational. I believe in protecting a species as a whole, not individual animals.
Maddog

Postby Holly » Sat May 28, 2016 11:38 pm

I personally don't object to controlled conservation or killing for food, I object to the "kill for the thrill" mentality, the grinning, posing and the sheer enjoyment hunters get from killing. That dentist for example didn't go on the hunt to preserve conservation, he did it for his own gratification. Like that idiotic vet woman posing and grinning with that cat with an arrow through its head...That pic above with the dead lion is a disgrace, so are all the other trophy hunter pics. I would object equally if it's a cow, a pig a deer etc. If you must kill, for Gods sake show some humanity, no need to be so joyful over taking a life :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Sun May 29, 2016 3:42 am

Holly wrote:I personally don't object to controlled conservation or killing for food, I object to the "kill for the thrill" mentality, the grinning, posing and the sheer enjoyment hunters get from killing. That dentist for example didn't go on the hunt to preserve conservation, he did it for his own gratification. Like that idiotic vet woman posing and grinning with that cat with an arrow through its head...That pic above with the dead lion is a disgrace, so are all the other trophy hunter pics. I would object equally if it's a cow, a pig a deer etc. If you must kill, for Gods sake show some humanity, no need to be so joyful over taking a life :roll:

Hunters are the tools of conservationists. There are numerous rules that must be followed in terms of gender and age. What a hunter is doing is paying to harvest the animals that the conservationist wants removed. If the hunters didn't enjoy hunting, they wouldn't pay a great deal of money to do it. I don't see how it matters if the hunter takes a pic with his kill.

Most hunters are like cats. We don't kill because we arexpect hungry. We do it because of some primordial drive that gives us pleasure. The difference is we can control that drive, and only harvest animals that we are allowed to, based on the directives of biologists. When we are successful we are going to celebrate that success.
Maddog

Postby Vicky » Sun May 29, 2016 4:59 am

Madders!!

There was no reason to kill Cecil or than sheer badness by that dentist, Cecil was well known and well liked.

He was killed, because that sick tosser want to play at being Rambo.

Trophy hunting is wrong.
Vicky

Postby Rockstar » Sun May 29, 2016 7:22 am

Does this make you sick?

Not in the slightest... :dunno:
Rockstar

Postby Rockstar » Sun May 29, 2016 7:24 am

Holly wrote: That pic above with the dead lion is a disgrace, so are all the other trophy hunter pics. I would object equally if it's a cow, a pig a deer etc.

Do you include fishing in that list?
Rockstar

Postby Holly » Sun May 29, 2016 9:00 am

Rockstar wrote:
Holly wrote: That pic above with the dead lion is a disgrace, so are all the other trophy hunter pics. I would object equally if it's a cow, a pig a deer etc.

No I don't actually... I feel a greater kinship with mammals...but just to inform you and I had to google it too;

Do fish feel pain? Not as humans do, study suggests

Fish do not feel pain the way humans do. That is the conclusion drawn by an international team of researchers consisting of neurobiologists, behavioural ecologists and fishery scientists.

Unlike humans fish do not possess a neocortex, which is the first indicator of doubt regarding the pain awareness of fish. Furthermore, certain nerve fibres in mammals (known as c-nociceptors) have been shown to be involved in the sensation of intense experiences of pain. All primitive cartilaginous fish subject to the study, such as sharks and rays, show a complete lack of these fibres and all bony fish – which includes all common types of fish such as carp and trout – very rarely have them. In this respect, the physiological prerequisites for a conscious experience of pain are hardly developed in fish. However, bony fish certainly possess simple nociceptors and they do of course show reactions to injuries and other interventions. But it is not known whether this is perceived as pain.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 123719.htm
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Sun May 29, 2016 9:11 am

Holly wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

No I don't actually... I feel a greater kinship with mammals...but just to inform you and I had to google it too;

Do fish feel pain? Not as humans do, study suggests

Fish do not feel pain the way humans do. That is the conclusion drawn by an international team of researchers consisting of neurobiologists, behavioural ecologists and fishery scientists.

Unlike humans fish do not possess a neocortex, which is the first indicator of doubt regarding the pain awareness of fish. Furthermore, certain nerve fibres in mammals (known as c-nociceptors) have been shown to be involved in the sensation of intense experiences of pain. All primitive cartilaginous fish subject to the study, such as sharks and rays, show a complete lack of these fibres and all bony fish – which includes all common types of fish such as carp and trout – very rarely have them. In this respect, the physiological prerequisites for a conscious experience of pain are hardly developed in fish. However, bony fish certainly possess simple nociceptors and they do of course show reactions to injuries and other interventions. But it is not known whether this is perceived as pain.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 123719.htm

I would not put too much faith in that particular study (which is already years old), the more we find out about the cognitive abilities of animals the less difference there is between us.

Anyway, another article about the new (very controversial) maximum size estimate for Architeuthis.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160524 ... ea-monster

Joy the tortoise is pissed off about being left outside - so opens the door himself! :cool:

Do Giant tortoises like being petted and touched?

Of course they do! :canny:

Keyser

Postby Holly » Sun May 29, 2016 9:23 am

Well as I said, I do feel a greater connection with mammals. Having said that, I wouldn't want to see a fish tortured either...sometimes fisherman pose with fish far too long before they chuck them back into the water, which would have to be rather distressing for the fish.
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive