DS and DTV Part 40.

Big Threads

DS and DTV Part 40.

Postby Minnie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:59 am

SJW Hunter wrote:
Minnie wrote:Hi Sjw :)

I don't think you can properly say you think Retford is wrong then say "but the people who are doing it are as bad" and so on. I think his posts and his viewpoint need to stand alone and be judged for what they are without any of the "but other people do it" or attacking posters that aren't liked when they disagree with him. You have a valid point about some women being as bad but shouldn't use that to soften the blow regarding Retford, he should be judged for what he posts not what others post.

Firstly- thank you (again) for being one of the rare ones who can actually have an adult discussion about this kind of thing, without resorting to the 'waah you're a women hater' type of nonsense you often see here. :thumbsup:

I don't actually disagree with any of the above btw, and for me, his views do stand alone, but that also goes for other people too. I judge them on how and what they post, not because they oppose one individual or not. I fully understand the majority of shit that Retford gets.

re your BIB, I should have made it clear that I'm not just talking about women who have issues with men, as there are men on DS who seem to have issues with men too. Neither of these types ever seem to get pulled up on how and what they post. That to me hardly seems like equality, in fact quite the opposite.

To each their own though, and I agree with a fair few of your points on these topics, so happy posting. :more beer:

I think as Si_Crewe said you do get the extreme on both sides and I don't see either of them as being right. I think the reason it is mainly women going after the sexist men in GD on ds is because it is invariably they who post the most ridiculous threads about their rights as men being challenged. You only have to look at the likes of Retford, Fixer and Jol (I did like Lucys remark about the holy trinity, that made me laugh) to see how far from normal thinking they have become and that is worrying to many women. I like to think that if women started such threads regarding men being the way those men seem to think women are I would be equally horrified and debate it in the same way.
Minnie

Re: DS and DTV Part 39.

Postby Minnie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:01 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Minnie wrote:I think it's obvious why they're doing it to get a rise out of him, but when you consider the posts he makes it is hardly surprising that he gets peoples backs up to the point they do that. He has also copy pasted my posts to him on his Twitter feed, that is invading my privacy is it not? My twitter profile isn't public and isn't linked on ds by that token of "doxing" he has doxed me.

We will have to agree to disagree on the second part. I don't believe he will ever find a woman who will put up with his extreme views, I genuinely don't.

Well, I'm not really comfortable with people copying forum posts onto social media either.
2 wrongs don't make a right, though, do they?
I don't think it's wise to lower your own standards just because you are interacting with somebody who doesn't abide by the same standards you do.

As for Retford, you may be perfectly correct. He might spend his entire life in a bubble of solitary bitterness, being drip-fed his opinions from social media.
I was just saying that I'd bet they would all fall away if he DID find himself in a happy relationship - I'd bet that they're not sincere, deeply-held beliefs at all and they're simply the result of his current situation.

No they don't but you're not happy with his name being given but when it comes to my privacy it becomes "well two wrongs don't make a right". Slightly hypocritical of you to take that stance in my opinion. I don't wish to start a fight with you, I'm actually trying to get past my previous opinion of you.
Minnie

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Minnie wrote:In other news, I think my idea for a Krypton Factor for ISIS is wonderful. Who's with me! :canny:

Does anybody remember the feature on "Noel's House party" where people could phone-in and then they could "aim" a machine that fired footballs at targets to win prizes?

Perhaps the "ISIS Krypton Factor" could have a similar feature, where people could phone in and get the chance to aim a .50 calibre machine-gun at the contestants while they were doing the assault course? :ooer:
Si_Crewe

Postby Minnie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Minnie wrote:In other news, I think my idea for a Krypton Factor for ISIS is wonderful. Who's with me! :canny:

Does anybody remember the feature on "Noel's House party" where people could phone-in and then they could "aim" a machine that fired footballs at targets to win prizes?

Perhaps the "ISIS Krypton Factor" could have a similar feature, where people could phone in and get the chance to aim a .50 calibre machine-gun at the contestants while they were doing the assault course? :ooer:

I think we're onto something, perhaps we should get in touch with Endemol. Or a BB type house full of terrorists going about their daily business when one maybe opens a fridge and it explodes much like they plant their bombs. Or while they're all enjoying an evening meal in the garden the SAS come over the wall and rapid fire the hell out of them.

I am far to evil for this time of day :shame:
Minnie

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Minnie wrote:No they don't but you're not happy with his name being given but when it comes to my privacy it becomes "well two wrongs don't make a right". Slightly hypocritical of you to take that stance in my opinion. I don't wish to start a fight with you, I'm actually trying to get past my previous opinion of you.

Not really sure how it's hypocritical to say I don't approve of either of those things. :dunno:

You're now trying to justify ONE of those things by saying "He did a bad thing too" so I think it's reasonable to say that two wrongs don't make a right.
If Retford attempted to justify HIS actions, I'd say the same thing to him.
Si_Crewe

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Minnie wrote:I think we're onto something, perhaps we should get in touch with Endemol. Or a BB type house full of terrorists going about their daily business when one maybe opens a fridge and it explodes much like they plant their bombs. Or while they're all enjoying an evening meal in the garden the SAS come over the wall and rapid fire the hell out of them.

Haha! :pmsl:

That is actually incredibly creepy.

I originally had that idea for Big Brother.
I figured that they could glue a paintball gun to one of the movable cameras in the BB house and people could phone in and pay to aim the paintball gun and shoot at a housemate they didn't like.
Si_Crewe

Postby Minnie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Minnie wrote:No they don't but you're not happy with his name being given but when it comes to my privacy it becomes "well two wrongs don't make a right". Slightly hypocritical of you to take that stance in my opinion. I don't wish to start a fight with you, I'm actually trying to get past my previous opinion of you.

Not really sure how it's hypocritical to say I don't approve of either of those things. :dunno:

You're now trying to justify ONE of those things by saying "He did a bad thing too" so I think it's reasonable to say that two wrongs don't make a right.
If Retford attempted to justify HIS actions, I'd say the same thing to him.

See I don't believe I have anything to justify as I didn't use his real life name. I never have so there were no grounds for him to post my replies to him on ds to his Twitter account.
Minnie

Postby Minnie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Minnie wrote:I think we're onto something, perhaps we should get in touch with Endemol. Or a BB type house full of terrorists going about their daily business when one maybe opens a fridge and it explodes much like they plant their bombs. Or while they're all enjoying an evening meal in the garden the SAS come over the wall and rapid fire the hell out of them.

I figured that they could glue a paintball gun to one of the movable cameras in the BB house and people could phone in and pay to aim the paintball gun and shoot at a housemate they didn't like.

You should definitely work for Endemol. :pmsl: I remember a few years ago the task where they were electrocuted when ever they didn't get something right, back in those days BB was fun.
Minnie

Postby VR6storm » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:21 pm

Minnie wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

You should definitely work for Endemol. :pmsl: I remember a few years ago the task where they were electrocuted when ever they didn't get something right, back in those days BB was fun.
They clearly didn't get enough........ :whistle:
VR6storm

Postby Minnie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:23 pm

VR6storm wrote:
Minnie wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

They clearly didn't get enough........ :whistle:

They should make a BB version with all the desperate reality stars in it from the likes of Towie, Geordie Shore and Made In Chelsea. They don't appear to have a brain cell between them so would be probably killed by electrocution. I'm not sure that would be a bad idea :bored: I think I maybe just extra evil today.
Minnie

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Minnie wrote:See I don't believe I have anything to justify as I didn't use his real life name. I never have so there were no grounds for him to post my replies to him on ds to his Twitter account.

That's a fair comment.
If you'd mentioned that in isolation I would happily say that's just bad form on his part.

Similar thing to his "I need some muscle here" twitter post.
I'm still not sure if he used that quote as an attempt to portray what was happening to him on DS as being similar to the way Melissa Click tried to bully a journalist or whether he really was hoping to get people to join the discussion on DS and help him.
In either case, it rather paints him as somebody who can't just "get on with it" by himself.
Si_Crewe

Postby Minnie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:31 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Minnie wrote:See I don't believe I have anything to justify as I didn't use his real life name. I never have so there were no grounds for him to post my replies to him on ds to his Twitter account.

That's a fair comment.
If you'd mentioned that in isolation I would happily say that's just bad form on his part.

Similar thing to his "I need some muscle here" twitter post.
I'm still not sure if he used that quote as an attempt to portray what was happening to him on DS as being similar to the way Melissa Click tried to bully a journalist or whether he really was hoping to get people to join the discussion on DS and help him.
In either case, it rather paints him as somebody who can't just "get on with it" by himself.

Yes I firmly believe he was calling for back up which if I remember rightly was one of the things aimed at myself and another when he copied our posts. I won't ever back down from tackling his thoughts and ideas as I genuinely am horrified by them.

Look at us getting along. :smilin:
Minnie

Postby SJW Hunter » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Minnie wrote:Thanks :)

I think as Si_Crewe said you do get the extreme on both sides and I don't see either of them as being right. I think the reason it is mainly women going after the sexist men in GD on ds is because it is invariably they who post the most ridiculous threads about their rights as men being challenged. You only have to look at the likes of Retford, Fixer and Jol (I did like Lucys remark about the holy trinity, that made me laugh) to see how far from normal thinking they have become and that is worrying to many women. I like to think that if women started such threads regarding men being the way those men seem to think women are I would be equally horrified and debate it in the same way.

Re the BIB, I don't doubt that you and a few others, like Bex or whedonite etc would be equally horrified- you and they do seem to be some of those who I do think would be pretty fair and even. I certainly don't think a number of others in those threads would be, given how they post.

This isn't at you as you've been clear on your views, but It is interesting that given the actual subject of the thread in question, many who are some of the most vocal in pretending they're all for equality in thread after thread, are strangely silent on the actual topic this time round.

Anyway, enough of all that, I've got a wolf whistling thread to check out! You just know there's going to be some fun and games in there! :mrgreen:
SJW Hunter

Postby SJW Hunter » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Oh and I'm definitely down for an SJW/ Nice guy Krypton factor.

I'd have to insist on real projectiles being fired at them and any electrocution 'task' would have to hook them up directly to the national grid. MIght as well make it worthwhile huh?

I think I'll call it- 'The Hunter factor- Killing 2 birds with one stone'.

Hmm, actually on 2nd thoughts, I may have to come up with a catchier title...Image
SJW Hunter

Postby SJW Hunter » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Pah, that wolf whistling thread isn’t anywhere near as full of outrage or extremes as I thought it would be... although there's still time.

You do of course still have folk that see no difference in a compliment and hassling women in the street, but there seem to be a number of reasonable people setting them straight.

Damn. Might have to get my DS outrage fix elsewhere. :bawlin:
SJW Hunter

Next

Return to The Archive