Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Frank39 wrote:I guess that this can be considered as random.
For the past 8-10 days I've been unable to open the Dogs site, I tried on my iPad, iMac, and iPhone, by typing in Dogs Sleeping Forums in the address bar, and although that revealed a full page of options, no matter which one I clicked on, nothing further was ever displayed.
Thinking that maybe I'd inadvertently said something disparaging about Rangers, and Victoria had wrinkled her nose, à la Samantha on "Bewitched" and banished me, I tried on friend's laptops and and Dell desktops, internet cafés and various office computers.
Nothing, nada, zilch, then today I thought, what the hell, one last try, and Bingo! it worked.
Any ideas? :dunno:

Not without any error message, no.

The site's been surprisingly zippy for a while so I'll need some details.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Victoria wrote:I have no idea why these IP's have been banned, the same thing happened to Odessa Steps.

The only IP's that have been banned in the last few weeks, have been spam ones.

It's very strange. Image

It just happened to me Vic i've had to download zenmate to get on and let you know it's still happening.
Very odd.
I got a page saying i'd been permanently banned and to contact the administrator, not sure if that's the same as Aziz and Rollup...maybe I have been banned in which case sorry :oops:

So contact the administrator and supply the IP that you currently have in the email. I can't investigate anything without some sort of evidence.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
For the past 8-10 days I've been unable to open the Dogs site, I tried on my iPad, iMac, and iPhone, by typing in Dogs Sleeping Forums in the address bar, and although that revealed a full page of options, no matter which one I clicked on, nothing further was ever displayed.
Thinking that maybe I'd inadvertently said something disparaging about Rangers, and Victoria had wrinkled her nose, à la Samantha on "Bewitched" and banished me, I tried on friend's laptops and and Dell desktops, internet cafés and various office computers.
Nothing, nada, zilch, then today I thought, what the hell, one last try, and Bingo! it worked.

From memory the message I recieved was something like...

"The server is taking too long to repond...etc"

...(words to that effect). Resolved by using a VPN which suggests that it's IP related.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Aziz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

From memory the message I recieved was something like...

"The server is taking too long to repond...etc"

...(words to that effect). Resolved by using a VPN which suggests that it's IP related.

I need an error code (404, 403 that sorta thing). Late response suggests that the server went a bit wanky. Check on http://status.modwest.com/ , these issues can last for literally seconds.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Stooo wrote:I need an error code (404, 403 that sorta thing). Late response suggests that the server went a bit wanky. Check on http://status.modwest.com/ , these issues can last for literally seconds.

Sorry. didn't think to note it.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Aziz wrote:
Stooo wrote:I need an error code (404, 403 that sorta thing). Late response suggests that the server went a bit wanky. Check on http://status.modwest.com/ , these issues can last for literally seconds.

Sorry. didn't think to note it.

It does sound like a server issue, hardly the first time.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Bella » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:04 pm

I had the time out thing all last week too, eventually unplugged the router and it worked again.
Bella

Postby Frank39 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:25 am

Stooo wrote:

Don't worry Stoo, it may have been the same glitch that was temporarily
banning Aziz and Guest's IPs, I got back in, so maybe it'll be AOK now.
Frank39

Postby Vam » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Have been watching Trump's inauguration - insurprisingly lacklustre (imo) :ooer: Melania is looks super elegant though. Michelle...hmmm...maybe not so much.

When it comes to pomp and circumstance and sense of occasion, I have to say again that no one does it quite like the Brits.
Vam

Postby Vicky » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Vicky

Postby Nucks » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

Years left to live if consumed daily? :doomed:

Spoiler: show
17 I think :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Nucks » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Victoria: Thought you might enjoy this.. my husband went to Morrison's today to look for haggis for our tea next Wednesday and he found some. It was in the "foreign foods" section. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Learned a story tonight of my ex husband

He's in 3 grand debt.

Sat there for a minute and thought of his other woman and thought. 'Shit, that could be me'

Then reality kicked in and thought. 'No it couldn't'.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Fort Groningen

Postby Si_Crewe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:25 am

Canucklehead wrote:
17 I think :mrgreen:

You blew it by not noticing the multiplication sign in the last equation. 5+2X10. :razz:

Now, of course, there'll be arguments about whether the answer is supposed to be 70 or 25.
Unless I'm mistaken, it should be 25.
Si_Crewe

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive