Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Big Threads

Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Postby Vicky » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:21 pm

Random wrote:The strangest thing happened today. Lately I can't stop thinking id love to have a Labrador puppy, a puppy because it would grow with the cats. I then put this thought out of my mind and think of the negatives. Ie will be left alone x amount of hours per week, vets bills, but plus is that it would get plenty of love and lots of walks. But just the thought of me leaving a dog alone is enough to discipline myself and say 'no you are not having one'. Anyway I came out of work this afternoon and started to walk home thinking of this Labrador puppy again and what should I see in front of me? A man joining the path with 2 Labradors, one the mother and the other the pup! I was quite a distance away but the pup came running up to me.

Is this a sign?


The pup obviously liked you, Random.

My Labrador hates being left on his own, so he howls until he gets a little crescendo going.

He was about four months old, when I first left him on his own for a couple of hours for the first time.

When I came home he'd ripped the wallpaper, knocked the CD player over and chewed it and had been swinging from the curtains.
His Name Was Willie Woodburn And His Crime Was Too Much Heart.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63279
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Random » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Victoria wrote:
Random wrote:The strangest thing happened today. Lately I can't stop thinking id love to have a Labrador puppy, a puppy because it would grow with the cats. I then put this thought out of my mind and think of the negatives. Ie will be left alone x amount of hours per week, vets bills, but plus is that it would get plenty of love and lots of walks. But just the thought of me leaving a dog alone is enough to discipline myself and say 'no you are not having one'. Anyway I came out of work this afternoon and started to walk home thinking of this Labrador puppy again and what should I see in front of me? A man joining the path with 2 Labradors, one the mother and the other the pup! I was quite a distance away but the pup came running up to me.

Is this a sign?


The pup obviously liked you, Random.

My Labrador hates being left on his own, so he howls until he gets a little crescendo going.

He was about four months old, when I first left him on his own for a couple of hours for the first time.

When I came home he'd ripped the wallpaper, knocked the CD player over and chewed it and had been swinging from the curtains.

Thank you victoria. It would be cruel to have one. Just because I want one They are so beautiful though, with good temperaments. And deserve a loving home with lots of attention not to be left for hours at a time. I can only give half of what it needs. Just wish I could stop thinking about having one. I've got visions in my head of the cats taking to it, it being happy, going on nice walks, doggy holidays.
User avatar
Random
 

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Random » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:18 pm

But how many households can honestly say thed be there all week? Not many. The few of them would be old, and retired, and could die. Leaving the pet without a home. Everything has a negative.
User avatar
Random
 

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Vicky » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Random wrote:But how many households can honestly say the'd be there all week? Not many. The few of them would be old, and retired, and could die. Leaving the pet without a home. Everything has a negative.


Plus there's holidays Random.

Unless you can get someone to watch them, you have to put them in kennels or take them with you.
His Name Was Willie Woodburn And His Crime Was Too Much Heart.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63279
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Random » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Victoria wrote:
Random wrote:But how many households can honestly say the'd be there all week? Not many. The few of them would be old, and retired, and could die. Leaving the pet without a home. Everything has a negative.


Plus there's holidays Random.

Unless you can get someone to watch them, you have to put them in kennels or take them with you.

That's my idea of a perfect holiday, is go and explore on foot, trecking in the day, shower and drinks at night.

I'll giver it until after Xmas because I'm going away in December. Make sure its the right decision.

The more I talk about it, the more I think it is not, I have romantised it.. a few holidays, a few walks, a few loves, i'm not sure that is enough for being left alone, by someone who means well but can not give their all, or maybe I'm just being completely control freaky..?

Fuck knows . I'll just give this some time, until after December and then I shall know.
User avatar
Random
 

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby rollup » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:53 pm

If you have a garden that the dog cannot escape from and a good solid dry comfortable dog house with fresh water and toys and chews there should be no problem leaving the dog home while you're at work.
Dogs really don't need human contact and care 24/7 or no one with a job would ever have a dog.
Safe secure fresh water good shelter and any dog will be fine.
https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
https://soundcloud.com/jacksbackband
User avatar
rollup
 
Posts: 16661
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Location: Wales and 49.0000° N, 6.0000° E

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Random » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:06 pm

rollup wrote:If you have a garden that the dog cannot escape from and a good solid dry comfortable dog house with fresh water and toys and chews there should be no problem leaving the dog home while you're at work.
Dogs really don't need human contact and care 24/7 or no one with a job would ever have a dog.
Safe secure fresh water good shelter and any dog will be fine.

I have got an undercover area, with access to the garden, but that only sounds a little step up from a dogs home. It would be more like having the King suite at the dogs home.

I really don't like these visions.. I prefer the other ones!
User avatar
Random
 

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Vam » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 pm

rollup wrote:If you have a garden that the dog cannot escape from and a good solid dry comfortable dog house with fresh water and toys and chews there should be no problem leaving the dog home while you're at work.
Dogs really don't need human contact and care 24/7 or no one with a job would ever have a dog.
Safe secure fresh water good shelter and any dog will be fine.


True, Jack, but unless the dog is really laid-back and/or impeccably trained there's always the risk that it would bark at any movement or scent, thereby possibly causing a nuisance to neighbours :dunno:

Another risk is that someone might actually break into the garden and steal it :yikes:

My dogs have the run of a fair-sized garden space, but only when I'm home.
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 10356
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 pm

jra wrote:I like a good bargain.

Here are a couple of my latest acquisitions.

http://ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/20 ... e-the-Rook

I got mine for £30, including £10 topup.

This for £2-50 from the local bric-a-brac store and mine looks brand new.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Talking-Chess- ... ess+school


Sod that, get a sim only deal I pay 15 quid a month for unlimited calls and texts and 10 gig of data
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75812
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 pm

rollup wrote:Yorkshire tough guy comes across the homeless ......



wow.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75812
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Random » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Vam wrote:
rollup wrote:If you have a garden that the dog cannot escape from and a good solid dry comfortable dog house with fresh water and toys and chews there should be no problem leaving the dog home while you're at work.
Dogs really don't need human contact and care 24/7 or no one with a job would ever have a dog.
Safe secure fresh water good shelter and any dog will be fine.


True, Jack, but unless the dog is really laid-back and/or impeccably trained there's always the risk that it would bark at any movement or scent, thereby possibly causing a nuisance to neighbours :dunno:

Another risk is that someone might actually break into the garden and steal it :yikes:

My dogs have the run of a fair-sized garden space, but only when I'm home.

Think you've gone a bit OTT with that. Why the ****. Would anyone have a pet just to lock it up? What's the point in owning your x amount pet to lock it up? Who would spend all that money just to lock something up?
User avatar
Random
 

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby rollup » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
rollup wrote:Yorkshire tough guy comes across the homeless ......



wow.

It surprised me.
Not what you're expecting really is it.
https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
https://soundcloud.com/jacksbackband
User avatar
rollup
 
Posts: 16661
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Location: Wales and 49.0000° N, 6.0000° E

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:26 pm

rollup wrote:Not what you're expecting really is it.


Not sure what you mean?

You don't think big tough northerners are capable of empathy or something? :scratch:
User avatar
Si_Crewe
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby rollup » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:31 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
rollup wrote:Not what you're expecting really is it.


Not sure what you mean?

You don't think big tough northerners are capable of empathy or something? :scratch:

Because normally such videos of such characters don't show such empathy and you know it.
https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
https://soundcloud.com/jacksbackband
User avatar
rollup
 
Posts: 16661
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Location: Wales and 49.0000° N, 6.0000° E

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby jra » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:I like a good bargain.

Here are a couple of my latest acquisitions.

http://ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/20 ... e-the-Rook

I got mine for £30, including £10 topup.

This for £2-50 from the local bric-a-brac store and mine looks brand new.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Talking-Chess- ... ess+school


Sod that, get a sim only deal I pay 15 quid a month for unlimited calls and texts and 10 gig of data


Fair enough. However, I only use the smartphone or tablet for occasional internet access and some texts. The vast majority of my phone calls are made from the land line, where I get unlimited 01, 02, 03, 0845, 0870 and 1000 mobile minutes/month for £10. I need a land line with line rental for ISP access.

The other thing with smartphones and smaller tablets is the screen is too small. I much prefer to access the internet from a decent sized laptop, e.g. standard size 15" screen.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 6208
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Next

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests