Postby Vam » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:31 am

74 out of a 100 - "you are the best of the lot"... :ooer:
Vam

Re: Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:44 am

85/99 You are the best of the lot. :canny:

Postby Random » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Been breaking the buds from the dead fox gloves today and emptying their seeds into a envolope. Got thousands. Now I just need to reseed them. Got a plan, some are going straight back into the garden and some are being set in trays with compost. Let's see which do best. I don't know where this is going but I can see a garden centre called 'Save The Bees' with reduced priced plants that save the bees. Before that I could give some away to people who know will replant them. Next it's the lupins

Whilst I was doing this a big fat bee landed on my knee for a split second then buzzed off. I think I fed him well!
Random

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Random wrote:Been breaking the buds from the dead fox gloves today and emptying their seeds into a envolope. Got thousands. Now I just need to reseed them. Got a plan, some are going straight back into the garden and some are being set in trays with compost. Let's see which do best. I don't know where this is going but I can see a garden centre called 'Save The Bees' with reduced priced plants that save the bees. Before that I could give some away to people who know will replant them. Next it's the lupins

Whilst I was doing this a big fat bee landed on my knee for a split second then buzzed off. I think I fed him well!

If you find a knackered bee then a pinch of sugar into a teaspoon of tepid water usually brings them around :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Random » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
Random wrote:Been breaking the buds from the dead fox gloves today and emptying their seeds into a envolope. Got thousands. Now I just need to reseed them. Got a plan, some are going straight back into the garden and some are being set in trays with compost. Let's see which do best. I don't know where this is going but I can see a garden centre called 'Save The Bees' with reduced priced plants that save the bees. Before that I could give some away to people who know will replant them. Next it's the lupins

If you find a knackered bee then a pinch of sugar into a teaspoon of tepid water usually brings them around :thumbsup:

Thanks for advice. I will.
Random

Postby jra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Foxgloves also attract butterflies and moths.

Another good plant for attracting insects is buddleia, but please read the following in order to weigh up the risks.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/makeahomeforwild ... dleia.aspx
jra

Re: Random Stuff Part Fifteen.

Postby jra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:I like a good bargain.

Here are a couple of my latest acquisitions.

http://ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/20 ... e-the-Rook

I got mine for £30, including £10 topup.

This for £2-50 from the local bric-a-brac store and mine looks brand new.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Talking-Chess- ... ess+school

Sod that, get a sim only deal I pay 15 quid a month for unlimited calls and texts and 10 gig of data

Fair enough. However, I only use the smartphone or tablet for occasional internet access and some texts. The vast majority of my phone calls are made from the land line, where I get unlimited 01, 02, 03, 0845, 0870 and 1000 mobile minutes/month for £10. I need a land line with line rental for ISP access.

The other thing with smartphones and smaller tablets is the screen is too small. I much prefer to access the internet from a decent sized laptop, e.g. standard size 15" screen.

I could quite easily bin my home POTS, I get better speed on LTE from my smartphone than I do from a supposedly fibre (to the local DP, it's twisted cooper pairs up to your property) BB. I'm on EE/Orange/BT so it's pretty decent coverage.

The fibre cabinet is only 250m away from me. Latest test on http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ for my landline gave 38.69 meg down and 16.03 meg up (*). Mobile :dunno:

(*) That's not Plusnets fastest fibre package, where I could get about 80 meg down.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/
jra

Postby jra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Foxy wrote:I was playing netball this afternoon and got heat exhaustion. I've never had it before. It was horrible. I'm home now in a darkened room with the fan blowing on me feeling better and more aware of how easily it can strike. Beware people, it's extremely hot out.

The first time I got that was last summer when I was carrying a heavy load of shopping home. I lent against an outside low wall in my local street and a neighbour I know came out and asked if I was alright. I said 'I think I am thank you, just recovering here for a bit'. He said, no worries. So, after a few minutes, he helped me carry some of my shopping home.

Victoria wrote:
Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Frank39 wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

Can you spot the odd one out? Image

Possibly, possibly, fifth bird from right on upper row of birds, appears to only have one eye, or to be not looking straight ahead, as the others are.

Correct Frank.

Second bird from the left in the same row looks the same :paranoid:

So it does Holls, i hadn't noticed that. Image

The very left and right beetles are not the same in the three rows.

But I read your post about odd one out.
jra

Postby jra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Stooo wrote:

It's baking here today with a projected 32°tomorrow, I guess I picked the right time for a week off :twirl:

I take it that's inside, not outside, as it's about 20 degree in south Devon at the moment.
jra

Postby jra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Victoria wrote:
Vam wrote:
Victoria wrote:I've just checked.

There isn't an "Odd One Out" the pattern is called "Odd One Out"

Viiiiic!! :yikes: I've been staring at the bloody thing since Sunday!

:pmsl:

Sorry about that Vam.

Oh and you and Foxy were right about the bears, that was another wee mistook of mine. Image

I guessed Canada too and honest guv, I didn't cheat.
jra

Postby jra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Guest wrote:85/99 You are the best of the lot. :canny:

70. Not bad as I haven't seen half of those films.
jra

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:39 pm

jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

It's baking here today with a projected 32°tomorrow, I guess I picked the right time for a week off :twirl:

I take it that's inside, not outside, as it's about 20 degree in south Devon at the moment.

Yeah I know, where are you? :choc:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yeah I know, where are you? :choc:

Luton. And that's not the Luton in south Devon.

About the same as you Stooo, temperature wise and that is right here, right now, as we speak. :fan:
jra

Postby Cherry de Voured » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 pm

I've been loving the weather! I'm a bit of a heat-seeker though, I hate the cold unless there's snow. Although having 30°C and a hangover has been rather terrible.
Cherry de Voured

Postby Vicky » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:03 am

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive