DS and DTV Part 42.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 42.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Guest wrote:Retford has run to Twitter again over something on DS to beg for support.

He really is a complete idiot, I did smirk at the pic it's glorious in it's nerdyness and not in a BBT cute nerd way but in a "yes he does live at home with Mummy" way.

:whistle:

That was my very thought and usually I'd think "so what? As long as he's happy". But he's obviously leading a miserable life judging from his posts and tweets, especially when you compare them to when he was "in love" a few years back. :dunno:

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Retford has run to Twitter again over something on DS to beg for support.

He really is a complete idiot, I did smirk at the pic it's glorious in it's nerdyness and not in a BBT cute nerd way but in a "yes he does live at home with Mummy" way.

That was my very thought and usually I'd think "so what? As long as he's happy". But he's obviously leading a miserable life judging from his posts and tweets, especially when you compare them to when he was "in love" a few years back. :dunno:

With anyone else who wasn't so patronising and ego centric I'd lt it slide but this is from the man who used to talk down to people regarding education and had on his twitter profile that he was a "elite scholar" only when it came to light on ds that he hasn't even been to University did he remove it :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

With anyone else who wasn't so patronising and ego centric I'd lt it slide but this is from the man who used to talk down to people regarding education and had on his twitter profile that he was a "elite scholar" only when it came to light on ds that he hasn't even been to University did he remove it :gigglesnshit:

Well he is dealing with some intellectual heavyweights in those threads like... give me a minute...

..let me get back to you on that one. :paranoid:

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well he is dealing with some intellectual heavyweights in those threads like... give me a minute...

..let me get back to you on that one. :paranoid:

You know his quoting cut and paste verses from MRA websites to discount surveys doesn't make him an intellectual don't you. When he claims men weren't included in the survey he got it wrong when he said the survey had guidelines set by a lawyer to make money he was wrong, when he claims to know what women are thinking - considering he's never spoken to them - he's wrong, when he claims to know how women behave in the workplace - and he's never worked, he's wrong.

I'd discuss it with him on DS but other people are much better at putting him in his place than I am and I can't take the 20 odd pages of blah he comes out with.

Postby megaera » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Minnie wrote:
Guest wrote:I don't think Retford's lack of girlfriends is anything to do with his looks, more the things he comes out with. He's an average looking bloke, so that shouldn't have anything to do with him attracting someone.

There used to be a thread on DS where people posted a picture of what they looked like and, apart from a few exceptions, if it was on looks alone, then far more DS posters than just him would be single. :doomed:

The photo I've been sent is on another account he holds and it's not that pic we can all see. I wasn't surprised to be honest as it fits the much derided "nice guy" so well it could be an e-fit for them the world over. I think his looks play a part as often someone isn't a 10 (and let's be honest none of us are) but their personality, charm and intelligence wins you over. In Retfords case he lacks all of the above and the lack of looks adds to his considerable woes.

Hes not bad looking tbf, but as you say its the attitude that would put most off.
megaera

Postby Doomlord » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:18 pm

So, what's new? Been away for a few days.
Doomlord

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Doomlord wrote:So, what's new? Been away for a few days.

:cuppaT: it's been quiet. You're the new Odessa apparently. :pmsl:

Postby Doomlord » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Guest wrote:

Been reading back.
Oh dear god. Over reaction much?
Pointing out that supporting a war criminal in one of the most horrific conflicts seen since WW2, a conflict that disgraced all sides, is horrendous.
Then, for once, giving him back a bit of what he bandies about to those who disagree with him results in a tantrum.
Doomlord

Postby SJW Hunter » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Same shit different day (/week/ month/ *insert other measurement of time here*).

You know the drill Doomsey. :thumbsup:
SJW Hunter

Postby Odessa Steps » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Guest wrote:

Sir... my crown is yours!!!

crown.jpg
crown.jpg (23.98 KiB) Viewed 623 times
Odessa Steps

Re: DS and DTV Part 41.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:04 pm

VelvetCat wrote:
jra wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:
Cherry de Voured wrote:On the subject of Father Ted - funniest thing for me was the episode where there was the rigged sheep contest - where everything is exposed, and you can hear the crowd raucous and the "fuckin' 'ell" over the top each time! Has me in stitches!

That and - " Spider-Baby- It's got the body of a spider, and the mind of a baby."

Father Jack's face as he goes around the fucking merry-go-round. Fucking genius.

I've never seen it :shame: was working nights when it was it first shown, but must get round to watching it because it sounds just like the type of thing I'd like.

Consider buying from here.

A & S Trading (Wales) Ltd

Just about everything to do with FT on a 5 disk box set.

From here under the used section.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... ition=used

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000UZPM76/ ... AYDZDFCRNZ

I will do, thanks for finding the links for me.

As I said, it's on All 4 free along with Black Books, Peep Show, Brass Eye etc
Ray of Sunshine

Postby VelvetCat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:38 pm

@Ray of Sunshine, thanks for that information, I've got that on my Sky box so will have a look, give me something to watch during Olympics breaks!

@the guest who said that ads pop up on DS connected to what you Google, I don't have this problem as I use Firefox and a ad blocker, but can you imagine what ads AuntieAnne_666 must get with the amount of googling she does?!
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby g » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:45 pm

Thank goodness the level of conversation has finally risen at DS - I think they may have turned the corner and finally started discussing quality topics

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2172846
g

Postby VelvetCat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Can of worms!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2172807

I voted yes, but on reflection I wear calf length leggings and a t shirt when Im on the beach, so Im nearly as covered up.

My excuse is I'm very fair skinned, natural red head (with a bit of help these days!) and freckles, so I burn very, very easily, so I cover up and use a high factor suntan lotion.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Dinkydoobie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:11 pm

France burkini thread. critics call it a gift for ISIS, people making the point that you should be free to wear what you want (Free from who or what?)
and Charlie Hebdo receives death threats for their latest cover.

Muslims, free yourselves!
Dinkydoobie

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive