Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:08 pm

It's being said that Man City are playing some of the best football the EPL has ever seen and we're looking at another invincible team this season.

Man City are on course to win the EPL with the most points ever and if they continue to win points at an average of 2.83 per game, they'll become the first team to ever finish the season, with more than a 100 points.

Manchester City 2017/18 (Projected (Points 108) (Goals 126)

Arsenal 2003/04 (Points 90) (Goals 73)

So City would also have scored 50 goals more than Arsenal back in 2003/04, when Arsenal were unbeaten.

Vicky

Postby wutang » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Another glut of goals for us again yesterday: 7-0 against Cambridge

In three games this season we have scored a total of 22 goals (8-2, 7-1, 7-0)

:twirl:
wutang

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 am

wutang wrote:Another glut of goals for us again yesterday: 7-0 against Cambridge

In three games this season we have scored a total of 22 goals (8-2, 7-1, 7-0)

:twirl:

Those scorelines are not unusual in the Royal Society for the Blind league though, are they?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 am

Dean wrote:Having fucking Watford against West Ham on ‘Super’ Sunday doesn’t help viewing figures!

I thought that too and Monday night football hardly inspires, with Brighton v Stoke. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 am

Vicky wrote:So his team beat their rivals 2-0 yesterday and he still isn't happy.

All this conspiracy business is crap.

Man City have had a cracking start to the season and could quite possible end it unbeaten.

Maybe because Pep has bought better players, i mean didn't Arsenal sub their £52 million pound player yesterday?

Of course Scottish conspiracies involving Celtic and sectarianism are far more likely than English ones involving vast sums of money. :roll:

Lacazette was taken off in a tactical move. Wenger has been criticised in the past for not being pragmatic and holding on to a lead, yet replacing a striker with a holding midfielder when 2-0 up and 15 minutes to go, he still gets it in the ear. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:So his team beat their rivals 2-0 yesterday and he still isn't happy.

Man City have had a cracking start to the season and could quite possible end it unbeaten.

Maybe because Pep has bought better players, i mean didn't Arsenal sub their £52 million pound player yesterday?

Of course Scottish conspiracies involving Celtic and sectarianism are far more likely than English ones involving vast sums of money. :roll:

Lacazette was taken off in a tactical move. Wenger has been criticised in the past for not being pragmatic and holding on to a lead, yet replacing a striker with a holding midfielder when 2-0 up and 15 minutes to go, he still gets it in the ear. :dunno:

It's not conspiracies i'm talking about, it's facts TJ.

Maybe the High Heidgins in the FA are up to something, you know more about than i do.

I just thought it seemed a bit far fetched.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:07 am

For a long time, i just thought you were mad TJ.

However you did make a valid point about Rangers and our European Ban.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 am

Silliest statment of the weekend came from the bint in the Sky studio who said the statistics prove that the Arsenal v Spurs game was 'evenly matched' :laughing:

I could forgive her ignorance and stupidity if I didn't know the silly cow had just sat there and watched the game, what planet was she on?

Arsenal totally dominated Spurs from the outset in every department and as the game drew to a close and it was clear Spurs was never going to break through and score, the Gunners sat back and allowed Spurs possession preferring to wait for opportunities on the break of which there were several, in fact had Arsenal been more clinical the scoreline would have been higher. A clean sheet is always nice too.

I've always said 'statistics' prove diddly squat unless coupled with events on the pitch, it was clear to any viewer of the game Saturday that Spurs stats. only improved when Arsenal allowed them to. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 am

Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Maybe the High Heidgins in the FA are up to something, you know more about than i do.

Another thing that has just been proved, you don't read anything I say.

I said in a previous post the 'English FA' has nothing to do with the near autonomous 'Premier League' they are pretty much a law unto themselves and the FA are scared of them.

Far fetched it does sound I agree but there comes a time when you have to consider a correlation between vast sums of money, and we're talking £billions here, with a continuous string of often 'obviously dubious' decisions going the way of benefitting a single club. You then look at the possible reasons for that and they are compelling.

I make a point of watching the highlights of every Man City game and I can tell you that in every case there is at least one glaringly dubious decision going City's way which changes the game to City's benefit. It's no coincidence either that in games where PL refs don't officiate they are far less dominant, the games against Wolves and Napoli being most noticable.

Saturday's incident with Kompany and Vardy is the worst example I've seen so far, one that can have no excuse, it was a straight red card no argument yet the ref refuses to enact the law and reduce City to ten men early in the game and threaten their all conquering reputation. It was an absolute travesty of justice. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 am

Here is an example of why the Premier League might want to 'tweak' it's competition so as to get the maximum financial return for it's members.

How would you go about it?

Firstly, unlike in most sports the top league players are incorruptable, not because of their morals but because they are rich enough not to be seduced by offers of 'throwing a game' like you get in lesser sports betting scams say. So where would you look next? .... obviously at the next best option which can affect the result of a game or games and we all know what that is.

Why would you do it?

The Premier League already vaunted itself as being the'most competitive & exciting league in the world' where any club can win the title, Leicester proved that. Then you have arguably most of the world's best managers and players in your league at clubs who could all potentially win that league, forever ending the boring foregone conclusion of one or two clubs perpetually taking the title year on year, like you do in the rest of Europe in particular.

The Guardiola factor:

When Guardiola made his decision to join Manchester City, the Premier League billed it as a coup 'the world's best manager joins the world's best league' was one 'Clash of the Titans' was another, referring to him and Mourinho (mortal enemies) not only in the same league but in the same city heading two of the biggest clubs in the world. Fantastic news for a world fed on personality and fame.

The result was offers from around the world to either extend their TV rights beyond the 2019 contractural agreement or other interested parties usurping the existing encumbents - in either case - vastly increasing the money they pay for the rights. The current total Premier League income from TV rights sold abroad stands at £1.7billion PER SEASON.

There are around 65 overseas TV regions the Premier League deal with. The biggest players in those regions are:

NBC in America: Have just agreed a 6 year deal until 2022 of £128million per season up £64million ps. on previous deal.
SuperSport sub sarharan Africa: Have agreed £168million ps on a 4 year deal to 2022, up £84million ps.
PPTV China: Have just usurped rivals SSMG who currently pay £13million ps. by agreeing a 2019-2022 deal with a jaw dropping increase to £180million ps.

The remaining territories are expected to at least treble their existing deals with the increase taking total PL overseas revenue to a staggering £3.2billion ps. minimum.

Now you can see why, when taking all the factors into account, the Premier league might want to do something about ensuring it's huge attraction to overseas markets.

Football is like any business, to succeed you need to offer & supply the best would any businessman or businessmen leave a £3.2billion a year revenue stream to chance? ....... I don't think so.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I said in a previous post the 'English FA' has nothing to do with the near autonomous 'Premier League' they are pretty much a law unto themselves and the FA are scared of them.

Far fetched it does sound I agree but there comes a time when you have to consider a correlation between vast sums of money, and we're talking £billions here, with a continuous string of often 'obviously dubious' decisions going the way of benefitting a single club. You then look at the possible reasons for that and they are compelling.

I make a point of watching the highlights of every Man City game and I can tell you that in every case there is at least one glaringly dubious decision going City's way which changes the game to City's benefit. It's no coincidence either that in games where PL refs don't officiate they are far less dominant, the games against Wolves and Napoli being most noticable.

Saturday's incident with Kompany and Vardy is the worst example I've seen so far, one that can have no excuse, it was a straight red card no argument yet the ref refuses to enact the law and reduce City to ten men early in the game and threaten their all conquering reputation. It was an absolute travesty of justice. :shake head:

That's a bit stupid isn't it, it's like Heinz not being in charge of the beans.

They should go together.

You have never stopped moaning since Saturday and Arsenal beat their biggest rivals.

Surely that must cheered you up slightly?

My team lost on Saturday and i have been keeping a dignified silence over the whole affair.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 am

Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

They should go together.

You have never stopped moaning since Saturday and Arsenal beat their biggest rivals.

My team lost on Saturday and i have been keeping a dignified silence over the whole affair.

I despise corruption especially when it affects me.

"My team lost on Saturday and i have been keeping a dignified silence over the whole affair."

I know someone else who is doing exactly the same thing :whistle:

minus the dignified bit, going by the short, sharp post Saturday afternoon :gigglesnshit:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:

They should go together.

I despise corruption especially when it affects me.

"My team lost on Saturday and i have been keeping a dignified silence over the whole affair."

I know someone else who is doing exactly the same thing :whistle:

minus the dignified bit, going by the short, sharp post Saturday afternoon :gigglesnshit:

Sunny's team had just been robbed.

So in the circumstances, i thought her response was dignified.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:02 am

West Brom have sacked Tony Pulis - stupid in my view, who is gonna replace him? ....... whatever his style of play he's never taken a team down.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 am

Trapper John wrote:West Brom have sacked Tony Pulis - stupid in my view, who is gonna replace him? ....... whatever his style of play he's never taken a team down.

I bet Chris Coleman is gutted he took the Sunderland job now...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive