Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:25 am

Actually some people claim the incident with Rangers that led to the club being banned from Europe, was the first instance of this so called "British Disease" of hooligan behaviour, involving British teams.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 am

Pep Guardiola has hit back at Arsene Wenger and said the Frenchman wasn't complaining about referees getting it wrong, when the Gunners beat Burnley with a handball in the 96th minute earlier in the season.

Alan Shearer has also had a go at Wenger and said he should apologise for accusing Raheem Sterling of diving.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 am

Vicky wrote:Oh and as for the this nonsense about the FA telling the referees to cheat so Man City win the title?

Why would an entire footballing organization be so desperate for one man to stay?

It's a load of sour grapes because Man City's are now eight points clear at the top of the table after only eleven games.

Pep Guardiola has put together a class squad and the likes Fernandinho, Kevin De Bryune and Nicolas Otamendi are all now coming into their own.

:header:

You clearly don't understand how things work, I'll explain. Try to keep your attention span long enough to read it, it's a state of affairs that doesn't just affect the English game now, it will affect the whole of worldwide football in the future and that includes Scotland.

Our beautiful game stands on the precipice of change, that if not checked will turn the game we love into a ghastly parody of it's former self run on similar ridiculous lines to the American NFL, god help us. :shake head:

The Premier League has nothing to do with the English FA. It only works within the framework of the English Football Association because it has to by law, otherwise it cannot operate as a football league in this country.

If all the owners of English clubs wanted to - remember they are all shareholders in the Premier League - they could vote to move out of the country and become a law unto themselves, such is the power of the Premier league.

The FA wouldn't admit it but they are a junior partner in English football these days, they run scared of the Premier League all the time. Whenever they have suggested or tried to implement changes to the game in this country and the Premier League don't like them, the FA backs down every time. It's not right but thats the way it is.

You must remember the Premier League is run by a chief executive, Richard Scudamore currently, and he is chosen by the OWNERS of the clubs and those owners are BUSINESSMEN.

Scudamore has been CEO of the PL since 1999 and the reason he still is, is because he has grown the Premier league into the biggest and richest association football league on the planet. Like I said, the owners are businessmen, few care how successful their clubs are within the Premier league as long as they remain in it. As such Scudamore can do whatever he likes, his track record shows he can make them money so they turn a blind eye to how he actually goes about it.

If Scudamore thinks he can maintain or improve the Premier league by ensuring it has the best players and managers in the world working in it, he will do it no matter how.

Now going back to Man City and Guardiola. Regardless of whether it's true or not Guardiola is recognised as the 'best manager in the world' and the Premier League prides itself on the fact that it can attract the best, Mourhino, Wenger, Conte, Klopp etc., are globally recognised as some of, it not the best and newly arrived Guardiola is the cherry on the PL cake.

When all this and more is taken into account, Guardiola is an integral part of the continued success of the PL, they don't want him to go it's as simple as that.

Lastly, Scudamore appointed Mike Riley's PGMOL company to provide referees for the Premier League. Mike Riley has had several brushes with corruption allegations in the past, he is quite simply Scudamore's lap dog. Riley would do anything to maintain his connection with Scudamore and the Premier league, why not? it has made him and his company a small fortune and he wants it to continue. Whether inferred or told directly, Riley knows what Scudamore and the Premier league wants and he ensures his highly paid employees are aware of that too.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:29 am

Vicky wrote:Pep Guardiola has hit back at Arsene Wenger and said the Frenchman wasn't complaining about referees getting it wrong, when the Gunners beat Burnley with a handball in the 96th minute earlier in the season.

Alan Shearer has also had a go at Wenger and said he should apologise for accusing Raheem Sterling of diving.

Shearer makes me sick, he will never miss an opportunity to slag off Wenger and Arsenal. If that challenge had seen a penalty go against Newcastle or another club he would have said it was nothing more than a legal, robust shoulder to shoulder challenge.

Sterling gets decisions because he's a little cunt and plays for City. Walcott, Sanchez and numerous other little players for Arsenal get battered every game just like that, refs just ignore it.

It's a shame wenger doesn't lower himself to Guardiola's level then about 'diving' - Guardiola's players have regularly and clearly been proven to have dived and cheated and no action, either at the time or retrospectively has been taken.

It's pre-ordained for City to win the title and if the Premier league can make it so and not too obvious, they will ensure they go unbeaten for the season too.

It's about the right time for some more high profile news to keep things boiling nicely on the global stage and who better to promote the continued rise of the Premier league? ...... their 'flagship' manager and 'best in the world' Pep Guardiola.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:Oh and as for the this nonsense about the FA telling the referees to cheat so Man City win the title?

Why would an entire footballing organization be so desperate for one man to stay?

It's a load of sour grapes because Man City's are now eight points clear at the top of the table after only eleven games.

Pep Guardiola has put together a class squad and the likes Fernandinho, Kevin De Bryune and Nicolas Otamendi are all now coming into their own.

:header:

You clearly don't understand how things work, I'll explain. Try to keep your attention span long enough to read it, it's a state of affairs that doesn't just affect the English game now, it will affect the whole of worldwide football in the future and that includes Scotland.

Our beautiful game stands on the precipice of change, that if not checked will turn the game we love into a ghastly parody of it's former self run on similar ridiculous lines to the American NFL, god help us. :shake head:

The Premier League has nothing to do with the English FA. It only works within the framework of the English Football Association because it has to by law, otherwise it cannot operate as a football league in this country.

If all the owners of English clubs wanted to - remember they are all shareholders in the Premier League - they could vote to move out of the country and become a law unto themselves, such is the power of the Premier league.

The FA wouldn't admit it but they are a junior partner in English football these days, they run scared of the Premier League all the time. Whenever they have suggested or tried to implement changes to the game in this country and the Premier League don't like them, the FA backs down every time. It's not right but thats the way it is.

You must remember the Premier League is run by a chief executive, Richard Scudamore currently, and he is chosen by the OWNERS of the clubs and those owners are BUSINESSMEN.

Scudamore has been CEO of the PL since 1999 and the reason he still is, is because he has grown the Premier league into the biggest and richest association football league on the planet. Like I said, the owners are businessmen, few care how successful their clubs are within the Premier league as long as they remain in it. As such Scudamore can do whatever he likes, his track record shows he can make them money so they turn a blind eye to how he actually goes about it.

If Scudamore thinks he can maintain or improve the Premier league by ensuring it has the best players and managers in the world working in it, he will do it no matter how.

Now going back to Man City and Guardiola. Regardless of whether it's true or not Guardiola is recognised as the 'best manager in the world' and the Premier League prides itself on the fact that it can attract the best, Mourhino, Wenger, Conte, Klopp etc., are globally recognised as some of, it not the best and newly arrived Guardiola is the cherry on the PL cake.

When all this and more is taken into account, Guardiola is an integral part of the continued success of the PL, they don't want him to go it's as simple as that.

Lastly, Scudamore appointed Mike Riley's PGMOL company to provide referees for the Premier League. Mike Riley has had several brushes with corruption allegations in the past, he is quite simply Scudamore's lap dog. Riley would do anything to maintain his connection with Scudamore and the Premier league, why not? it has made him and his company a small fortune and he wants it to continue. Whether inferred or told directly, Riley knows what Scudamore and the Premier league wants and he ensures his highly paid employees are aware of that too.

It won't affect Scotland, because our teams haven't been corrupted by money.

The clubs in England are like prostitutes with the owners behaving like pimps.

Look at Arsenal..

A stadium named after a foreign company, a foreign manager and team with hardly any English players in it.

People from aboard waved their cheque books and English football sold out.

Pep Guardiola is one foreigner in a long line of foreigners in the EPL, why is he so special?
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:46 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:Pep Guardiola has hit back at Arsene Wenger and said the Frenchman wasn't complaining about referees getting it wrong, when the Gunners beat Burnley with a handball in the 96th minute earlier in the season.

Shearer makes me sick, he will never miss an opportunity to slag off Wenger and Arsenal. If that challenge had seen a penalty go against Newcastle or another club he would have said it was nothing more than a legal, robust shoulder to shoulder challenge.

Sterling gets decisions because he's a little cunt and plays for City. Walcott, Sanchez and numerous other little players for Arsenal get battered every game just like that, refs just ignore it.

It's a shame wenger doesn't lower himself to Guardiola's level then about 'diving' - Guardiola's players have regularly and clearly been proven to have dived and cheated and no action, either at the time or retrospectively has been taken.

It's pre-ordained for City to win the title and if the Premier league can make it so and not too obvious, they will ensure they go unbeaten for the season too.

It's about the right time for some more high profile news to keep things boiling nicely on the global stage and who better to promote the continued rise of the Premier league? ...... their 'flagship' manager and 'best in the world' Pep Guardiola.

Listen!!

Do you hear me banging on about how Celtic have gone 63 games unbeaten and blaming the refs and saying the SFA are corrupt and are doing it on purpose.

No it's because Celtic for the last few seasons have dominated Scottish football.

Perhaps you could for one second try and imagine how difficult that is for me as a Rangers supporter is too stomach.

It's the other teams who need to try and stop it, just like the teams in England need to stop Man City.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am

Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Listen!!

Do you hear me banging on about how Celtic have gone 63 games unbeaten and blaming the refs and saying the SFA are corrupt and are doing it on purpose.

No it's because Celtic for the last few seasons have dominated Scottish football.

Perhaps you could for one second try and imagine how difficult that is for me as a Rangers supporter is too stomach.

It's the other teams who need to try and stop it, just like the teams in England need to stop Man City.

Believe me I know how sickening it is, which is why I try to avoid bringing something like that to mind. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Listen!!

Believe me I know how sickening it is, which is why I try to avoid bringing something like that to mind. :thumbsup:

No you don't, you don't support Rangers.

I bet nobody has ever said "Know your place Hun Scum" too you.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 am

Trapper John wrote:Well that went as I suspected, message for Sunny, give up any hope of Spurs winning the league or anyone else for that matter, I now realise that it was pre-ordained for City to win the title before a ball was even kicked at the start of the season. It is no coincidence that for the two seasons Guardiola has started here, they've had the easiest early fixture list of any top six club.

I'm not saying Arsenal deserved to win today, we didn't, but the alarming regularity in which penalties are being awarded to City at key moments in a game is reminiscent of their title winning season of 2013/14 and of Leicester's where inordinate amounts were awarded to both sides being instrumental in their final positions.

The penalty today was at a key moment when a slim 1-0 lead was gradually being nibbled away at by Arsenal. It was pathetic, a challenge that on any other place on the pitch or in any other game not featuring City, would have been waved away by any ref as a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge.

Likewise with their 3rd goal, David Silva was clearly offside when the ball was played before he out Jesus to score, once again it was completely ignored by the ref and linesman.

City are probably the best team in the country at present but with that sort of help, it isn't surprising. Arsenal could and should have made more of that game today, they didn't because of a combination of things too numerous to mention.

I'll finish again by saying everyone else can forget the title, the Premier league want Guardiola to win it, he keeps the global prestige of the league going, the last thing they want is him to leave our shores and they've made that cheating crook Mike Riley at the PGMOL aware of just what they want his ref's to do.

Hiya TJ....I saw the highlights last night, and deffo offside, so unfair they get away with such decisions.......but its still a way to go, they might get injuries etc and have a set back......we have to play them twice so that's 6 points to us another 2 points to catch them lol.... :laughing:

We didn't have the best of matches but managed to get the 3 points at least. :paranoid:

Next game for us is your lot......oh dear! :pmsl:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:36 am

This is the reason why English clubs were banned by UEFA from European football for 5 years in 1985, the most draconian measure ever taken in world football against any club or nation.

So corrupt and blatantly biased was that decision that even FIFA baulked at it and allowed England to take part in Internationals and World Cups during that time.

English winners of European Cup (Champions league now)
1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981,1982, 1984.

English winners of UEFA & Cup winners Cup (Europa League now)
1976, 1981, 1984, 1985.

Utter dominance of Europe for a decade, now tell me that the other European football associations sanctioned the ban on an entirely fair minded basis?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:54 am

Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Listen!!

No you don't, you don't support Rangers.

I bet nobody has ever said "Know your place Hun Scum" too you.

:thumbsup:

Hi Sunny, give up all hope of the title this season, Man City and Guardiola already have their names etched on the trophy. With officials ordered to sway games in their favour, no-one else has a chance.

I don't say we deserved to win yesterday, we didn't. We were poor for most of it and they were good, their pressing on the opposition when they have the ball is relentless, if you can't match it, you're fucked.

I do though think we could have sneaked a draw, maybe not deserved but definitely viable, until decisions go against you and for them, then once again you're fucked. It was no coincidence that Arsenal came out second half and were on the ascendence when City got yet another weak penalty shout. The same happened later when Arsenal clawed back a goal, give City another dodgy decision just to knock the stuffing out of their opponents.

I'm serious when I say everything is geared up for a Man City and Guardiola title win.

Yeah I watched a lot of the Spurs game, you were lucky I have to say to get the 3 points, had Zaha been more clinical it might have been a draw or even worse.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 am

Oooops posted that reply against the wrong post. :oops:

Anyway Sunny, Yep you lot are coming to see us in a fortnight, now we got a load of pointless friendlies to bore through before we get back to the important things - these internationals get on my fucking nerves, a complete waste of time and energy better spent improving our club football.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 am

Can you imagine the outrage if fans had held up a banner saying "Know your place Black Scum?"

The outrage would have reverberated around the world.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:16 am

Vicky wrote:Image

Can you imagine the outrage if fans had held up a banner saying "Know your place Black Scum?"

I'm afraid that being white and British affords you no special treatment at all, you need to be one of the myriad 'multi-coloured, multi-cultured, multi-sexual minorities' to get anywhere in this day and age.

I have an idea, get Rangers supporters to all call themselves Tarquin and mince up to Ibrox with bunches of blue and white flowers instead of scarves and sing Bronski beat songs from the terraces, I guarantee the first adverse comment from a Celtic fan will have the entire lot arrested and thrown in jail for up to two years. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:27 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:

I'm afraid that being white and British affords you no special treatment at all, you need to be one of the myriad 'multi-coloured, multi-cultured, multi-sexual minorities' to get anywhere in this day and age.

I have an idea, get Rangers supporters to all call themselves Tarquin and mince up to Ibrox with bunches of blue and white flowers instead of scarves and sing Bronski beat songs from the terraces, I guarantee the first adverse comment from a Celtic fan will have the entire lot arrested and thrown in jail for up to two years. :thumbsup:

No up here it's being a white, British, Protestant, that gets you no special treatment.

It's the Catholics who are constantly playing the victim and with the full backing of Nicola Sturgeon.

My brother went to see Bronski Beat in concert and he had my parents worried for a while, turned out he was pretending to like them, because he had his eye on some girl.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive