Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:03 am

That American was Maurice Edu or wee Mo as we called him.

If i was asked for my top ten Gers moments of all time, this would be in it.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42005585

Interview here with Kenny Dal talking about the Ibrox, Heysel and Hillsborough Disasters.

Kenny was at all three of them.

He supported Rangers, he was at Heysel as a Liverpool player and he was at Hillsborough as Liverpool's manager.

Poor bloke.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 am

Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that Granit Xhaxa is a fucking liability in an Arsenal shirt, an accident waiting to happen every game he starts.

The Daily Telegraph has published stats which show that so far this season he has made 153 passes which never reached their man, more than any other player in the Premier League, this is from someone who is supposed to be a midfield distributor.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, he was new to the league and needed to find his feet, he also made some decent moves and scored a couple of goals which made up for his failings. This season however he's got worse, his game awareness is zero as is his spatial awareness, he gives the ball away with alarming regularity and seems totally bemused when opposition players run up behind him and take the ball off his feet. Couple all this with his propensity to make rash challenges which always have the potential of a straight red card and he's a fucking danger to all of his team mates.

I didn't see the game but apparently he played a blinder for Switzerland against Northern Ireland in the game which saw the Micks robbed of a world cup place, he needs to replicate that in every game in the Premier League otherwise he should be benched and sold in January.

Wenger needs to know when enough is enough, sort him out quickly or get shot.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 am

Pick your Arsenal/Spurs XL Trapper John.

Loads of us done it.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am

He'll be shitting himself, because things have changed in London.

Spurs are on the up and Arsenal are on the down.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:55 am

There is definitley a divide in North London and it appears to emanate from the differences in the air quality which circulates around Highbury & Islington N5 and Tottenham N17.

Maybe because it is slightly closer to central London, the air around the Emirates N5 does not appear to be conducive to injury repair as Arsenal's history of long player downtime will attest. Yet just a few miles to the north east, the air seems to be almost magical in it's healing properties.

Yes, it seems that N17 is the place to be particularly if you have knee, groin, hamstring and ankle injuries. Just breathing this heady cocktail of miraculous air particles for only a few days can turn a player - or to be more precise four players - from cripples, unable to play for their country on Tuesday night, into fighting fit specimens ready to give their all by Saturday lunchtime. :dunno:

And to think Arsene Wenger was often accused of lying about the injury status and availability of players for international games so as to keep them fit and ready for the following league match. :shake head:

Just in case you hadn't heard, deathbed cases Kane, Alli, Winks and Lloris who were all fighting for their lives on treatment tables Tuesday evening, should all be on the Spurs training pitch this morning, leaping around like Thompson gazelles. :again?:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 am

Vicky wrote:Pick your Arsenal/Spurs XL Trapper John.

Loads of us done it.

No need, Arsenal's starting eleven for any game will suffice, why would we need any Spurs players?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:Pick your Arsenal/Spurs XL Trapper John.

Loads of us done it.

No need, Arsenal's starting eleven for any game will suffice, why would we need any Spurs players?

Well Harry Kane is a good striker.

Granted i have no time for him after he scored those goals against Scotland, he robbed us of a famous victory.

You can't deny, he's talented though.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 am

Only an idiot would risk his best players for a dopey friendly, when they have a big league game coming up.

Nobody cared about the England v Germany game, but three points are at stake tomorrow.

Come next May, they could be very important.
Vicky

Postby wutang » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:56 am

Vicky wrote:I'll never forgive Steven Naismith for the way he turned his back on the Gers, when the club were at their lowest.

I think you should give him a pass. He is genuinely one of the nicest blokes in football.

Echoing the Father Christmas fable, Naismith embarks on his own seasonal visits to assist those in need, treating the patrons of two homeless charities to turkey with all the trimmings.
One of these visits is in Glasgow, where he used to play for Rangers -- the blue half of a famously divided football city. Rangers' rivalry with Celtic is one of the fiercest in the world game.

"It's amazing the different backgrounds of people that come through the doors each day," Naismith says from the Loaves and Fishes Center in East Kilbride.

"They've all got a different story that brought them to this point. They'll tell you a little bit about themselves and they'll also give you a straightforward opinion.

"I always get honest appraisals of my football! Obviously I played for Rangers in the past -- some of those fans want to talk about when I played for them, and a few Celtic fans have a dig at me!

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/22/footb ... index.html

At Everton he would give out tickets to unemployed people for every home match.

Plus he has apologised for the way things went down
wutang

Postby wutang » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Here is the Guardians combined team.

Exact same def as mine
Attachments
tot.jpg
wutang

Postby Dean » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:07 pm

wutang wrote:
Vicky wrote:I'll never forgive Steven Naismith for the way he turned his back on the Gers, when the club were at their lowest.

I think you should give him a pass. He is genuinely one of the nicest blokes in football.

Echoing the Father Christmas fable, Naismith embarks on his own seasonal visits to assist those in need, treating the patrons of two homeless charities to turkey with all the trimmings.
One of these visits is in Glasgow, where he used to play for Rangers -- the blue half of a famously divided football city. Rangers' rivalry with Celtic is one of the fiercest in the world game.

"It's amazing the different backgrounds of people that come through the doors each day," Naismith says from the Loaves and Fishes Center in East Kilbride.

"They've all got a different story that brought them to this point. They'll tell you a little bit about themselves and they'll also give you a straightforward opinion.

"I always get honest appraisals of my football! Obviously I played for Rangers in the past -- some of those fans want to talk about when I played for them, and a few Celtic fans have a dig at me!

As if being unemployed wasn’t bad enough, you then have to suffer through that rubbish. What a monster!
Dean

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

wutang wrote:

He didn't want anything to do with Rangers when we were in the Third Division and as far as i'm concerned, he can go and fuck himself.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Look at Lee McCulloch.

He went from playing in a European final, to playing in the Third Division and he stayed at Rangers, until we were back in the SPL.

That's what you call loyalty.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:18 am

_98735227_donati-morelos.jpg

SPL Action today.

Glasgow Rangers v Hamilton Accies.

Rangers go into this game having won their last two games under caretaker manager Graham Murty.

The Gers have already played the Accies this season and won 4-1.

Infact Rangers are unbeaten in their last thirteen games against them (Twelve wins and a draw)

Fabio Cardoso returns to the action after he suffered a broken nose against Motherwell, but there's still no signs of Captain Lee Wallace.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive