Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Big Threads

Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:58 am

VR6storm wrote:
Victoria wrote:
VR6storm wrote:England were shite as well if that's any consolation Vicki. Sat and watched 90 minutes hoping for a goal and all i got was a snooze-fest. :header:

Morning Stormy. Image

England drawing 0-0 was a good result for Scotland, sorry if that sounds selfish.

It's the game of the group next, England v Scotland!!

It's going to be a cracker.

Morning Sweetheart, yes - a bit of a favour your way, most definitely...... but still, we're all on this same little island!!...... and i'm looking forrward to the ENG/SCO game as well. Not until November though if i remember correctly....... :cuppaT:

Yes it's on the 11th of November and Scotland haven't beaten England in 17 years.

Scotland need to do something about that.

Vicky

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Postby VR6storm » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Victoria wrote: Yes it's on the 11th of November and Scotland haven't beaten England in 17 years.

If England play like they did against Malta and Slovenia, it'll be
a breeze........... :doomed:
VR6storm

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:02 am

VR6storm wrote:
Victoria wrote: Yes it's on the 11th of November and Scotland haven't beaten England in 17 years.

I hope so Stormy, Scotland are long overdue a victory against England.

I must put that game on the back-burner for the moment, because Rangers play Celtic in just over a fortnight in the Semi-Final of the League Cup.

I've been giving everyone personalised Rangers tops for the occasion and here's yours. :wubbers:

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:02 am

The contenders for the next Scotland manager have been getting discussed and the majority of us want Sir Alex Ferguson.

I know Fergie's retired, but i'm sure he can be persuaded to takeover from Gordon Strachan.

Fergie did manage Scotland in the 80's for a wee while, after the tragic death of Jock Stein at the end of the Wales v Scotland game.

However after the behaviour of Uruguay at the World Cup in 86, Fergie left Scotland and joined Man Utd and the rest is history.

Please be the Scotland manager again, Fergie. :wubbers:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-scotland-manager-7-contenders-9029956

Vicky

Postby Robocop » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:05 am

Hola footie fans.

Vic- I feel your pain and sorry your lads lost against Slovakia. It must be gutting seeing Strachan leave your best striker on the bench (I'd heard about this before you posted it here, although don't know much about him) and add that to how he's got them playing and I get why Scotland fans aren't happy.

You've always been one of the more positive supporters I see, be it on here or elsewhere, so don't give it, there's still a long way to go and if England continue to play like dog poop, you've got every chance against us too, as much as it pains me to say it. :header:

PS if you get Fergie as manager, it could be a whole different story. :thumbsup:
Robocop

Postby Frank39 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:33 am

Robocop wrote:Hola footie fans.

Vic- I feel your pain and sorry your lads lost against Slovakia. It must be gutting seeing Strachan leave your best striker on the bench (I'd heard about this before you posted it here, although don't know much about him) and add that to how he's got them playing and I get why Scotland fans aren't happy.

You've always been one of the more positive supporters I see, be it on here or elsewhere, so don't give it, there's still a long way to go and if England continue to play like dog poop, you've got every chance against us too, as much as it pains me to say it. :header:

PS if you get Fergie as manager, it could be a whole different story. :thumbsup:

At least if you do get Ferguson, you'll never lose another match, he'll have the referee keep playing for 100 mins., 120 mins, or however long it takes until he's satisfied, just like when he was at Man. U., and it all ran on Fergie time.
Frank39

Postby Robocop » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:40 am

Frank39 wrote:At least if you do get Ferguson, you'll never lose another match, he'll have the referee keep playing for 100 mins., 120 mins, or however long it takes until he's satisfied, just like when he was at Man. U., and it all ran on Fergie time.

Bonjour Monsieur Frank. :cuppaT:

Haha, I used to laugh at 'Fergie-time' but I've got to hand it to him- if the refs let him/ Man Utd get away with it or were influenced by his tapping his watch etc, then more power to the guy!

I know we've all had this chat on here before, but I'd have loved it if Fergie managed England but I know it'll never happen so maybe he can do the his country a favour and relieve Scotland of little Gordo.

I'll also take Wenger for England once his contract is up, although I don't know whether those rumours are just hot air as they have been before.
Robocop

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi Robs. Image

Leigh Griffiths is a cracking player.

He joined Celtic 2 years ago and has scored more than 50 goals in just over 70 games for them.

I can't understand why Strachan won't play him and keeps picking players like Chris Martin, who aren't scoring for their clubs.

Slovakia's keeper didn't have a save to make, until Griffiths came on in the second-half.

It would be great if Alex Ferguson was to takeover as manager, but i don't see it happening somehow.

Paul Lambert is the bookies favourite.

Starchan is going to discuss his future with the SFA in the next few days, so we'll see what happens. :header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Frank39 wrote:

At least if you do get Ferguson, you'll never lose another match, he'll have the referee keep playing for 100 mins., 120 mins, or however long it takes until he's satisfied, just like when he was at Man. U., and it all ran on Fergie time.

Fergie time!! :header:

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:06 pm

Leigh Griffiths won Scotland's player of the year last season.
Vicky

Postby VR6storm » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Victoria wrote:
VR6storm wrote:

I must put that game on the back-burner for the moment, because Rangers play Celtic in just over a fortnight in the Semi-Final of the League Cup.

I've been giving everyone personalised Rangers tops for the occasion and here's yours. :wubbers:

Coo....... ta!! :)
VR6storm

Postby Keyser » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Victoria wrote:Fergie time!! :header:

The best football manager that these isles have ever produced - whatever you think of him.

I always remember Fergie casually ducking a punch from some scouser scumbag after Man U beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final on his way up to collect his medal. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:37 pm

VR6storm wrote:
Victoria wrote:
VR6storm wrote:

You're welcome Stormy. Image
Vicky

Postby VR6storm » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:48 pm

Victoria wrote:
VR6Storm wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

You're welcome Stormy. Image

If truth be known..... i prefer Rangers to Celtic as well....... :leer:
VR6storm

Postby Kat » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Keyser wrote:
Victoria wrote:Fergie time!! :header:

The best football manager that these isles have ever produced - whatever you think of him.

I always remember Fergie casually ducking a punch from some scouser scumbag after Man U beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final on his way up to collect his medal. :thumbsup:

I agree true legend :thumbsup:
Kat

Next

Return to The Archive