DS and DTV Part 49.

Big Threads

DS and DTV Part 49.

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Dinkydoobie wrote:Seems to be a lot of posts about nazis. That seems off topic and unconstructive, should probably be deleted.

To be fair, i think it started with an off-hand remark but people were so desperate to disprove the comparison that it's become a big deal.

Originally, I think the only point was that some people think it's reasonable to say "You can't hold all muslims responsible for terrorism" whereas, paradoxically, those same people probably wouldn't have any issue with holding all nazis or KKK members responsible for the bad things those ideologies have caused.

:dunno:
Si_Crewe

Re: DS and DTV Part 48.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Anyone think if I called Anne_666 an off the scale dramatic extremist and stoic avoidant of all relevant, far less extreme and dramatic reality that I'd get banned?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=84929722&postcount=523

Postby Frankly » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=84928673&postcount=482

Gotta love the shit-eating smugness evident here.

Yes, we get that a lot of Muslims genuinely despise extremism and that many speak out against these incidents after the fact.

The problem, however, is the thousands of radicalised muslims going to fight in wars or marry jihadis and carrying out acts of terrorism and criminality in our societies.
The fact that these things happen so frequently rather suggests that the rejection of extremism doesn't actually happen anywhere near as consistently, or as sincerely, as it needs to or the perpetrators wouldn't actually have these attitudes.

Par for the course for those posters, here is Anne with exactly the same attitude almost a year ago denying the mass assaults that happened in Cologne actually happened: "Unless every victim can say how many men actually assaulted them in the dark in a huge crowd and they all add up to 1000 separate individuals. It's a complete nonsense, sensationalist reporting at it's worst."
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=81000604&postcount=251

Her posting through that whole thread was a disgrace.

She's in full throttle now her beloved Jesaya is back posting! :woteva:
Frankly

Postby Drunk Dalek » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Guest wrote:Anyone think if I called Anne_666 an off the scale dramatic extremist and stoic avoidant of all relevant, far less extreme and dramatic reality that I'd get banned?

Yep. Do that and you're a gonna

If you are going to, then at least set up a sweepstake first on how long it takes for the ban hammer to fall :thumbsup:

Could prove entertaining :cuppaT:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:Yep. Do that and you're a gonna

If you are going to, then at least set up a sweepstake first on how long it takes for the ban hammer to fall :thumbsup:

Given the confidence some guests, as well as odie, have in the DS moderation, perhaps they should be the ones to try it?
If they're so confident in the consistency of DS moderating, surely they wouldn't fear being banned for posting the same thing somebody else did, even if it was directed at a different person or topic?

I mean, I've seen Christa & co describe Retford as "a waste of a skin" and an "oxygen thief".
Perhaps Mesostim could try directing similar comments at, say, JasonWatkins or Anne and let us know how that goes?
Si_Crewe

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:
Guest wrote:Anyone think if I called Anne_666 an off the scale dramatic extremist and stoic avoidant of all relevant, far less extreme and dramatic reality that I'd get banned?

So how come she's allowed to call posters that ?

Postby Drunk Dalek » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:

So how come she's allowed to call posters that ?

What goes on in the heads of the DS mods is beyond normal comprehension :ooer:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Dinkydoobie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:27 pm

There's no need to respond to any of the posts in kind to see what happens just alert the posts in question and watch as fuck all happens.
Dinkydoobie

Postby Dinkydoobie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Dinkydoobie

Postby VelvetCat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:14 pm

If Anne_666 and her fan club have taken over the Berlin thread, probably best to avoid reading it as my language will get worse and worse.

I wish there was a way we could all live peacefully together, and of course most of us do, I'm sure we all know people of different religions and colours who are friends, neighbours, workmates etc, but there is a growing minority who want to pick and choose what parts of Western life they use and are not scared to use extreme violence to change things to how they want.

Moderate Muslims do need to come out against acts of violence and the media need to show that they are, because such groups and marches are not well publicised, people just don't know they are happening.

The most important thing thathas to happen though, is that we are allowed to discuss such happenings without the fear of being called racist or Islamphobia, many people are not, they are just scared about what is happening in the world, people like Anne do us no favours by not allowing the discussion to take place, it is an important discussion and one that needs to be made. People like Anne don't realise just how important it is.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Dinkydoobie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:19 pm

How long do you think it will be before people start talking about a right wing backlash and how muslims are scared?
Dinkydoobie

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Say what you like about Lucy_James but she certainly gets to the point in the latest page on the Berlin thread. I just wish she'd attempt to use grammar occasionally.

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:26 pm

VelvetCat wrote:If Anne_666 and her fan club have taken over the Berlin thread, probably best to avoid reading it as my language will get worse and worse.

I wish there was a way we could all live peacefully together, and of course most of us do, I'm sure we all know people of different religions and colours who are friends, neighbours, workmates etc, but there is a growing minority who want to pick and choose what parts of Western life they use and are not scared to use extreme violence to change things to how they want.

Moderate Muslims do need to come out against acts of violence and the media need to show that they are, because such groups and marches are not well publicised, people just don't know they are happening.

The most important thing thathas to happen though, is that we are allowed to discuss such happenings without the fear of being called racist or Islamphobia, many people are not, they are just scared about what is happening in the world, people like Anne do us no favours by not allowing the discussion to take place, it is an important discussion and one that needs to be made. People like Anne don't realise just how important it is.

A very good post. :thumbsup:

That's where you have to end up questioning the motivations of the people involved though.

I would assume that anybody truly intent on advocating a thing would welcome an opportunity for discussion (be it on race, religion, sexism or whatever).
After all, the only way you're ever going to get more people to embrace an ideology is by convincing them of it's merit.

When all you do is accuse people of being racists or sexists or whatever, all you're doing is shutting the discussion down by suggesting anybody who doesn't agree with you has something to be ashamed of.
And, when you do that, people are going to wonder if it's because you can't actually support your opinions and whether they actually stand up to scrutiny.

Basically, a lot of ideologues want nothing more than to be right. They want to "win".
Si_Crewe

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Dinkydoobie wrote:How long do you think it will be before people start talking about a right wing backlash and how muslims are scared?

I don't doubt that some will already be eagerly scouring the media for reports of a muslim getting assaulted in Germany, just to prove how we're all as bad as each other.
Si_Crewe

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Guest wrote:Par for the course for those posters, here is Anne with exactly the same attitude almost a year ago denying the mass assaults that happened in Cologne actually happened: "Unless every victim can say how many men actually assaulted them in the dark in a huge crowd and they all add up to 1000 separate individuals. It's a complete nonsense, sensationalist reporting at it's worst."
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=81000604&postcount=251

Her posting through that whole thread was a disgrace.

Turned out to be about 2000, the majority of whom were immigrants from North Africa, with many asylum seekers among them, but Anne hasn't learned a thing. She is still just lunging incoherently from one hot topic to the next, always just reacting, and always at full volume.

Next

Return to The Archive