Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Postby Foxy » Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 am

Keyser wrote:Sometimes I just can't believe how cruel people can really be.

Not bullying?

They sound like a load of fucking psychopaths.

RIP George. :shake head:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readin ... e-13086388

Awful, that sounds like something ISIS would do. Poor bloke.

My son is a welder and makes luxury boats. He was inside the hull when he was training and someone thought it would be funny to back up a fork lift into the opening and leave it running, flooding the inside with diesel fumes. Some people are evil bastards.
Foxy

Postby Keyser » Wed May 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Foxy wrote:
Keyser wrote:Sometimes I just can't believe how cruel people can really be.

Not bullying?

They sound like a load of fucking psychopaths.

RIP George. :shake head:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readin ... e-13086388

Awful, that sounds like something ISIS would do. Poor bloke.

My son is a welder and makes luxury boats. He was inside the hull when he was training and someone thought it would be funny to back up a fork lift into the opening and leave it running, flooding the inside with diesel fumes. Some people are evil bastards.

I had a mate who was a welder - in his first job he literally had to have a fight with a huge moron (cheered on by his mouth-breathing friends) every single day who targeted him for violence.

Not seen him for many years but he was an incredibly strong character - anyone weaker would have gone under and the consequences could have been dire - I thought such workplaces were different now - I was wrong.
Keyser

Postby Guest » Wed May 31, 2017 10:09 pm

Keyser wrote:Can anyone can guess what this is? :gigglesnshit:

Theresa May without make up?

Postby Text » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:20 pm

The Oceanorium in Lisbon.
Oceanário de Lisboa

''Very cool jelly fish display''

Massive energetic yellow fish, amiong smaller pale yellow ones, observe from 0:30 onwards, glorious .

:wubwub:
Text

Postby Text » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:21 pm

Is it the wrong time to mention that I've always fancied a trip to Portugal cos their seafood is great?? :gigglesnshit: Friends have highly recommended it.
Text

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:06 pm

I didn't want to spam the DS thread more than I already have. But I thought I'd give an update on my friends little sister.
She's doing really well! They don't think she'll need any more reconstructive surgery now. She can't walk yet but she will be having physio once she's healed more. Her biggest concern at the minute is not being able to go to the benefit concert. She's gutted about that.

My sister is going though. And again I've been roped into being the taxi. I even tried pulling the "it's too traumatic for me to do it again" card, but no one took me seriously. :mrgreen:
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I didn't want to spam the DS thread more than I already have. But I thought I'd give an update on my friends little sister.
She's doing really well! They don't think she'll need any more reconstructive surgery now. She can't walk yet but she will be having physio once she's healed more. Her biggest concern at the minute is not being able to go to the benefit concert. She's gutted about that.

My sister is going though. And again I've been roped into being the taxi. I even tried pulling the "it's too traumatic for me to do it again" card, but no one took me seriously. :mrgreen:

Great news, Nic :smilin: Was wondering how things were going for her, but didn't want to pry.

Hope your sis enjoys the show - and your 'Uber service' :wink:
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I didn't want to spam the DS thread more than I already have. But I thought I'd give an update on my friends little sister.

Great news, Nic :smilin: Was wondering how things were going for her, but didn't want to pry.

Hope your sis enjoys the show - and your 'Uber service' :wink:

I kept meaning to update, but then I'd get sidetracked. I did the whole thoughtful gift thing too, an iPod with noise cancelling headphones. I swear they are all going to start getting the wrong idea about me, I'm never this nice. :mrgreen:
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:42 pm

I know! :ooer: You're usually a right little moo.

:mrgreen: ...nice touch with the iPod, and the go-faster headphones.
Vam

Postby Keyser » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:32 pm

That is wonderful news!

I wish her a very speedy recovery NN. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Vam wrote:I know! :ooer: You're usually a right little moo.

:mrgreen: ...nice touch with the iPod, and the go-faster headphones.

Ikr. There going to figure out I actually have a heart, and I'm not just the rude cunt with the awfully dry humour. :mrgreen:

I'm about to go wrap a frying pan round my neighbour's head though to make up for it. Reckon I'd get away with it, if I played on my migraines and their awful taste in music at midnight? :grrrrr:

Thanks Keys! She's a tough little swine. I'm pretty sure she'll be over it all as soon as she's up and about again.
NastyNickers

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:46 pm

I never really thought about it like that before.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Great news Nics, I'm sure that some of the concert will come to her, at least I hope so. She deserves all the support that she can get :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Stooo wrote:

Great news Nics, I'm sure that some of the concert will come to her, at least I hope so. She deserves all the support that she can get :thumbsup:

She's just met Ariana Grande, and I don't think anyone is going to hear the end of that for a long while yet.

It's odd visiting her though and hearing her talk. You'd think she was caught up in something that happens every day, like a car crash. She has absolutely no idea why there's so much attention on the incident or why suddenly everyone's doing concerts and the Queen is visiting them. It's all going completely over her head.
She was pretty traumatised at first, but my god kids are resilient. She's coped with this miles better than I'd have expected.
NastyNickers

Postby Keyser » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:20 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:

She's just met Ariana Grande, and I don't think anyone is going to hear the end of that for a long while yet.

It's odd visiting her though and hearing her talk. You'd think she was caught up in something that happens every day, like a car crash. She has absolutely no idea why there's so much attention on the incident or why suddenly everyone's doing concerts and the Queen is visiting them. It's all going completely over her head.
She was pretty traumatised at first, but my god kids are resilient. She's coped with this miles better than I'd have expected.

Children are tough - much tougher than adults in many ways. :smilin:

How wonderful that she has made such a quick recovery. X :thumbsup:
Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive