Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Postby Keyser » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I absolutey love being a grandad!
My wife left our house recently with 6 year old granddaughter and as they waved good bye my wife said shout bye smelly.
She looked at nan and said I'm not saying that to my grandad I think he's marvelous and beautiful!
When she was born at just gone midnight I had her then 7 year old brother staying with me.
When I got the call from wife around 12:15 A.M he came rushing into the living room having heard the phone.
Well grandad?
Come on get dressed and you can meet your little sister.
Wow! I've waited all my life for this moment he says and runs off to get dressed.
Comes back with paper and pen ... I just need five minutes to make a card I already know what I'm going to say.
There's cards in such and such a drawer for every occasion go grab one.
No granddad this has to come from the heart ... on printing paper.
And can I pick some flowers from the garden for them both?
Come on then ....
Two in the morning he's proudly sat in the hospital with his sister on his knee charming all the nurses.

What a uplifting post that is - an absolutely beautiful little story and your deep love for them really shines through. :more beer:
Keyser

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Bella wrote:My just 18 year Lad is off traveling alone tomorrow for 3 weeks, Hongkong and Japan. A bit nervous but sure all will be fine. He just got back from San francisco and los angelese with 5 mates and decided a trip on his own would be good. He organised and booked all the trips himself on the internet not bad considering he was diagnosed with severe dylexia and was home educated since 13 :Wiiiine!:

safe travels for the lad.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Keyser wrote:
My wife left our house recently with 6 year old granddaughter and as they waved good bye my wife said shout bye smelly.
She looked at nan and said I'm not saying that to my grandad I think he's marvelous and beautiful!
When she was born at just gone midnight I had her then 7 year old brother staying with me.
When I got the call from wife around 12:15 A.M he came rushing into the living room having heard the phone.
Well grandad?
Wow! I've waited all my life for this moment he says and runs off to get dressed.
Comes back with paper and pen ... I just need five minutes to make a card I already know what I'm going to say.
Come on then ....
Two in the morning he's proudly sat in the hospital with his sister on his knee charming all the nurses.

What a uplifting post that is - an absolutely beautiful little story and your deep love for them really shines through. :more beer:

it made me sniffle a bit, i agree with you keyser, it's beautiful and uplifting.

Postby Keyser » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Well grandad?
Come on then ....

it made me sniffle a bit, i agree with you keyser, it's beautiful and uplifting.

Yes it always cheers me up to think of people having genuinely happy moments that they will remember for the rest of their lives. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Bella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:37 pm

Keyser wrote:
Bella wrote:My just 18 year Lad is off traveling alone tomorrow for 3 weeks, Hongkong and Japan. A bit nervous but sure all will be fine. He just got back from San francisco and los angelese with 5 mates and decided a trip on his own would be good. He organised and booked all the trips himself on the internet not bad considering he was diagnosed with severe dylexia and was home educated since 13 :Wiiiine!:

I hope he has a really wonderful time and returns home safe and well Bella! :cuppaT:

Thank, I will be worried as parents are but sure he will be fine :)
Bella

Postby Bella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Guest wrote:

Bella

Postby Bella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Well grandad?
Come on then ....

Lovely !
Bella

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Bella wrote:
Guest wrote:

he's building some great memories that will last him for life. you must have done a good job bringing him up, a lot of home-schoolies don't have the confidence or social skills to travel alone, especially at 18. you must be one proud mum.

Postby Bella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Bella wrote:
Guest wrote:

he's building some great memories that will last him for life. you must have done a good job bringing him up, a lot of home-schoolies don't have the confidence or social skills to travel alone, especially at 18. you must be one proud mum.

He now seems to be better equipped in social skills and organising himself than most of his "schooled" mates but perhaps that is because I have learned to back off and give him his independence.
Bella

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:15 am

I'm going back to bed.
I feel grim.
Coughing coughing banging head rotten pain.
Just loaded up with medication including valium (diazepam) which I don't have often but use as and when needed.
It's needed. :bawlin:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm going back to bed.
I feel grim.
Coughing coughing banging head rotten pain.
Just loaded up with medication including valium (diazepam) which I don't have often but use as and when needed.
It's needed. :bawlin:

Oh dear I hope the symptoms relieve soon

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:20 pm

If you haven't seen this you haven't lived. :mrgreen: Best drummer ever, legend Buddy Rich. Insane hand speed. Kicks arse!

jp761

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:49 am

Has anyone else ever had the "Pleasure" of eating Potted Hough?

Believe me..

If it was a choice between Potted Hough and Haggis, you would be eating haggis until it was coming out your ears.
Vicky

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:10 am

Vicky wrote:Image

Has anyone else ever had the "Pleasure" of eating Potted Hough?

Believe me..

If it was a choice between Potted Hough and Haggis, you would be eating haggis until it was coming out your ears.

:yikes: Vic...... I....don't even....want to......ask..... :doomed:

It looks foul, whatever it is.
Vam

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:33 am

Vam wrote:
Vicky wrote:Has anyone else ever had the "Pleasure" of eating Potted Hough?

Believe me..

:yikes: Vic...... I....don't even....want to......ask..... :doomed:

It looks foul, whatever it is.

It's horrible Vam and it's always got wee bits of gristle in it.

:pukeup:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive