Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Victoria wrote:Can you spot the odd one out? Image

Yep, got all 3 almost immediately.

I had a gimpy eye as a kid and I spent years staring at pictures like that so it's almost 2nd-nature now.

*EDIT*

Unless, of course, it's an optical illusion and there aren't any odd-ones-out.

In which case, I had a gimpy eye as a kid and that's why I struggle with visual riddles. :ooer:
Si_Crewe

Postby Keyser » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:08 am

I wish I had a Tegu - notice how they totally ignore the food and prefer a big cuddle instead. :wubwub: :hap:

Keyser

Re: Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:45 am

Vicky

Postby Vam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 am

Victoria wrote:Image

Can you spot the odd one out? Image

Your eyes will probably go funny, so i'm making a run for it before everyone starts complaining.

(Hi btw :Hiya: )
Maybe :ooer: ...

Spoiler: show
going from left to right, odd one out is in....first image of the squares, first image of the dots, and third image of the diamonds
Vam

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Victoria wrote:Can you spot the odd one out? Image

Yep, got all 3 almost immediately.

I had a gimpy eye as a kid and I spent years staring at pictures like that so it's almost 2nd-nature now.

*EDIT*

Unless, of course, it's an optical illusion and there aren't any odd-ones-out.

In which case, I had a gimpy eye as a kid and that's why I struggle with visual riddles. :ooer:

Is your eye okay now Si?

My mum had a problem with her eye when she was wee and her and my Gran had to travel into Glasgow every week.

It was a nightmare from what she's said, not visiting the hospital the bus journey.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Vam wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

Can you spot the odd one out? Image

Your eyes will probably go funny, so i'm making a run for it before everyone starts complaining.

(Hi btw :Hiya: )
Maybe :ooer: ...

Spoiler: show
going from left to right, odd one out is in....first image of the squares, first image of the dots, and third image of the diamonds

Hi Vam, Image

I was loaded with the cold, that's why i wasn't here for a few days.

Vicky

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Victoria wrote:Is your eye okay now Si?

My mum had a problem with her eye when she was wee and her and my Gran had to travel into Glasgow every week.

It was a nightmare from what she's said, not visiting the hospital the bus journey.

It's fine.

I was in an accident when I was about 10 and ended up with a damaged optic nerve.
At the time the doctors thought it'd be too delicate to fix it until I'd grown a bit.
Trouble was that, in the mean-time, I had to do all sorts of stuff to "exercise" the gimpy eye.
I even had to wear a pair of those glasses with the frosted lens over my good eye at school, to force myself to rely on the dodgy eye.
Part of that palaver involved trekking to the hospital at least once a week for a bunch of tests to check that the dodgy eye wasn't getting any worse.
Got it fixed when i was about 12 and it was fine afterwards, after a few more months with the spazz-glasses.

And then I got mugged when I was 16, woke up in hospital, realised that the vision in my other eye was borked, informed the doctor that I was pretty sure the optic nerve was damaged and ended-up having to go through a lot of the same stuff again. :facepalm:

Still, it all left me with a healthy respect for the importance of eye-care. :ooer:
Si_Crewe

Postby Vicky » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Victoria wrote:Is your eye okay now Si?

It's fine.

I was in an accident when I was about 10 and ended up with a damaged optic nerve.
At the time the doctors thought it'd be too delicate to fix it until I'd grown a bit.
Trouble was that, in the mean-time, I had to do all sorts of stuff to "exercise" the gimpy eye.
I even had to wear a pair of those glasses with the frosted lens over my good eye at school, to force myself to rely on the dodgy eye.
Part of that palaver involved trekking to the hospital at least once a week for a bunch of tests to check that the dodgy eye wasn't getting any worse.
Got it fixed when i was about 12 and it was fine afterwards, after a few more months with the spazz-glasses.

And then I got mugged when I was 16, woke up in hospital, realised that the vision in my other eye was borked, informed the doctor that I was pretty sure the optic nerve was damaged and ended-up having to go through a lot of the same stuff again. :facepalm:

Still, it all left me with a healthy respect for the importance of eye-care. :ooer:

My mum had to wear a patch over her good eye for a while, unfortunately poor eyesight runs in both sides of my family.

Cataracts, Glaucoma and one of my dad's sisters lost her sight completely, when she was in her 60's.

Did they catch the scumbags, who attacked you?

My dad and brother have both been mugged/attacked.

My dad wasn't robbed some bastard just punched him in the face and my brother was robbed at knifepoint, when he was in his early twenties.

The one who robbed my brother was well known, so was one of his brothers.

Only that beast didn't mug people, he beat a baby to death because he wouldn't stop crying.

:hand:
Vicky

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Victoria wrote:Did they catch the scumbags, who attacked you?

My dad wasn't robbed some bastard just punched him in the face and my brother was robbed at knifepoint, when he was in his early twenties.

Was a similar thing with me.

Was walking home with a mate one night, happened across a group of local yobs who were probably up to no good and they just beat the shit out of us as a means of convincing us not to tell anybody we'd seen them.

Pretty-much everybody knew 2 families were involved whenever a car got stolen or a house got burgled but it wasn't the sort of thing you told the police about unless you wanted your house or car to mysteriously catch fire.

Makes you feel like shit when it happens but you've just got to learn from the experience. :shake head: :dunno:
Si_Crewe

Postby PinkSmurf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:01 am

Si_Crewe wrote:

Was walking home with a mate one night, happened across a group of local yobs who were probably up to no good and they just beat the shit out of us as a means of convincing us not to tell anybody we'd seen them.

Pretty-much everybody knew 2 families were involved whenever a car got stolen or a house got burgled but it wasn't the sort of thing you told the police about unless you wanted your house or car to mysteriously catch fire.

Makes you feel like shit when it happens but you've just got to learn from the experience. :shake head: :dunno:

Young men and teenage males are the most likely targets for violence despite what feminists would have you believe. My nephew had his back broken by some twat whose brother had shot someone. Thankfully he recovered, physically anyway. I was on a train going home after Christmas once and a gang of black youths raided the train and were hitting and robbing people. I just thought "shit they'll steal my Xmas presents" and put my bag under the seats and beneath my feet. The woman in the seat next to me was shaking and crying. For some bizarre reason one of them said hello to me prompting another to say "alright?" to me. Maybe I look like a ruffian or something but they left me alone and didn't take anything from me whatsoever. I was relieved to say the least. One young lad of around 17 was injured though and looked in pain with blood on his face. Once the train stopped at the next place the muggers got off. The scared and crying women didn't seem very happy with me but I didn't know the youths.
PinkSmurf

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:44 am

I suppose I should consider myself lucky, I never ever had been mugged, robbed or attacked...mind you, I never take the train or a bus, can't even remember the last time I took public transport.

The only time I witnessed some really horrible crime was when I was 17 or 18, I was in a nightclub in Vienna when some guy burst in and shot a girl right in front of a full club...unfortunately she died immediately, I will never forget the horror I felt at the time. He was a rejected lover...poor girl was only 23 and left a 2 year old girl behind :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby PinkSmurf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Holly wrote:I suppose I should consider myself lucky, I never ever had been mugged, robbed or attacked...mind you, I never take the train or a bus, can't even remember the last time I took public transport.

The only time I witnessed some really horrible crime was when I was 17 or 18, I was in a nightclub in Vienna when some guy burst in and shot a girl right in front of a full club...unfortunately she died immediately, I will never forget the horror I felt at the time. He was a rejected lover...poor girl was only 23 and left a 2 year old girl behind :ooer:

Oh my god that's awful. Rejected lovers or partners can really lose their minds including those who have never been violent before. I read an article once where a woman told her partner it was over. He tied her up naked, heated up some cooking oil until it boiled then made her choose where he should pour it over her and tortured her for a long time. Apparently he had never lifted a finger in violence before. Poor woman, she must have been terrified and in so much pain.
Anyway I'll look for something happier to put on this thread before we all feel depressed.
PinkSmurf

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:23 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:
Holly wrote:I suppose I should consider myself lucky, I never ever had been mugged, robbed or attacked...mind you, I never take the train or a bus, can't even remember the last time I took public transport.

Oh my god that's awful. Rejected lovers or partners can really lose their minds including those who have never been violent before. I read an article once where a woman told her partner it was over. He tied her up naked, heated up some cooking oil until it boiled then made her choose where he should pour it over her and tortured her for a long time. Apparently he had never lifted a finger in violence before. Poor woman, she must have been terrified and in so much pain.
Anyway I'll look for something happier to put on this thread before we all feel depressed.

Good idea...how about the youtube videos of how the Donald treats his poor wife? ...just joking, but it really is appalling :paranoid: Have you seen it? I really dislike that man, he seems evil.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Holly wrote:Good idea...how about the youtube videos of how the Donald treats his poor wife? ...just joking, but it really is appalling :paranoid: Have you seen it? I really dislike that man, he seems evil.

:dunno: "Meh...fake press. Go figure!"
#alternativemarriage :snooty:
Vam

Postby Vicky » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:

Those brothers i mentioned wouldn't have thought twice about setting your house on fire.

They were up to all sorts.

Funny thing was they had two sisters and they were lovely, you wouldn't have known they were related. :ooer:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive