DS and DTV Part 55

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Puzzler wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2211395/rape-victim-says-judge-was-right-to-warn-women-over-drinking/p4
LMAO at this whole thread.


Hey Puzzles - what's so funny about it?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby MISAWA » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Puzzler wrote:
Guest wrote:
Puzzler wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2211395/rape-victim-says-judge-was-right-to-warn-women-over-drinking/p4
LMAO at this whole thread.



Why? What's so funny about it?

The steaming outrage from Lucy and fg :pmsl:


When are you going to contribute to that thread?
User avatar
MISAWA
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:And also Retfords "body language of a victim" comment.
Wtf is victim body language and how the fuck does it make you more likely to be mugged, assaulted or stabbed? :dunno:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_85931793

Body language is something like 70% of communication.

Last night I was walking home in the dark and there there was a youth behind me. He had a skateboard and kept a pace just a few steps back from me. I expected him to pass me but he did not. So I turned around and asked him if he wanted to pass.

I had a vision of the skateboard being used as a weapon and wasn't comfortable with him being so close behind me.

He did pass and walked on in front if me. Point is. I showed assertiveness. He could have been completely innocent and walked of thinking 'what a bitch' but so what? My safety is more important

I think the point about body language as it does account for 70% odd of communication is don't communicate to a would be predator that you could be his next victim.


Or he could have thought 'what a bitch' and walloped you with the skateboard. If he had any intention of harming you I highly doubt that you asking if he wanted to pass would change that :dunno:

I'm not denying that body language plays a huge part in communication, but what is 'body language of a victim'? Too assertive and you can attract the wrong kind of attention, not assertive enough and you can attract the wrong kind of attention. The only way you could know how to avoid communicating that you will not be a victim, would be to read the mind of your would be attacker.

He wouldn't have hit me there and then with it because I was still in a built up area coming out of town. However the walk gets less built up. So it was a pretty safe bet to make him pass there and then and then I could see where he was going rather than him being a few steps behind me for the duration

As I watched him walk of and get further I front I did think it is a shame that we have to think like that. And that I might have made someone uncomfortable by assuming or preparing for the worse. But my safety is more important beyond all that.

Body language would just be looking vulnerable. Drunk people are vulnerable. Being alone and drunk more vulnerable. Being drunk, alone and skimpily dressed even more vulnerable.

Being completely wasted, alone and fully dressed even more vulnerable. Being wasted alone and skimpily dressed even more vulnerable that.

You could be in any of these situations and escape harm but not if there's a predator about. With animals we know what we see. It's a lion, a mouse a tiger etc..

People aren't like that. They all have the same suit. Some people have good intuition of other people and others don't. Which makes them even more vulnerable.


But what has that got to do with this victim body language? What is victim body language? This is what I don't understand. How does one behave to make themselves a target?
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby jra » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:45 am

Frankly (poster) just STFU. I can't be arsed right now to edit your various embedded quotes.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby jra » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:55 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:But, you know what I said is true. So, stop inventing your own version of history. I'm not particularly fussed whether you agree with me or not, but do carry on. It's not going to change anything. I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here. I wish I could say, 'listen to me carefully, I will say this only once' and that's how it should be, but with some people on here the message hasn't got through over a year and a half later.


I'm curious why are you talking about 2 years ago when everyone else is referring to yesterday?


Because that's the history of it. You read this bit. 'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

Got it? I feel like I'm in remedial class in here sometimes.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Frankly » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:56 am

jra wrote:Frankly (poster) just STFU. I can't be arsed right now to edit your various embedded quotes.


:woteva:
User avatar
Frankly
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:23 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby jra » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
George wrote:
jra wrote:
George wrote:@jra, why do you frequently insult people by referring to their mental health or asking if they are on 'meds' or something similar related to medication?


By frequently you mean sometimes.

Frequently imo but if you prefer sometimes, why do you do it?


It's just a form of retaliation. I could just say fuck off you piece of sub human scum or even worse.


By that logic you equate mental health problems with being "sub human scum" nice :thumbsup:


Only in your world.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:46 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:But, you know what I said is true. So, stop inventing your own version of history. I'm not particularly fussed whether you agree with me or not, but do carry on. It's not going to change anything. I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here. I wish I could say, 'listen to me carefully, I will say this only once' and that's how it should be, but with some people on here the message hasn't got through over a year and a half later.


I'm curious why are you talking about 2 years ago when everyone else is referring to yesterday?


Because that's the history of it. You read this bit. 'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

Got it? I feel like I'm in remedial class in here sometimes.

As you say it in every DTV/DS thread at least once, so do the rest of us.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Holly » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:54 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:But, you know what I said is true. So, stop inventing your own version of history. I'm not particularly fussed whether you agree with me or not, but do carry on. It's not going to change anything. I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here. I wish I could say, 'listen to me carefully, I will say this only once' and that's how it should be, but with some people on here the message hasn't got through over a year and a half later.


I'm curious why are you talking about 2 years ago when everyone else is referring to yesterday?


Because that's the history of it. You read this bit. 'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

'I signed up here after (not before) people on here were slagging me off big time and that's a fact. The rest is history. If said people hadn't done so, I probably wouldn't be here.'

Got it? I feel like I'm in remedial class in here sometimes.


...and here was me thinking you signed up coz Dogs is a cool forum :facepalm:
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3172
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Vam » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 am

:bell: Viiiiiiiic....You're gonna love this! :bell:

The latest from Frank39.. Razorback Tony (in the Clapping on Planes thread)

"That would be my theory, I landed in Murcia, Spain a couple of years back with my then girlfriend, a Polish girl who could get by in English, but was happier speaking French, and the predominantly British passengers all clapped and whistled.
She asked me in French how long it would take to drive to our rented apartment after picking up a car.
I whispered "Maybe 20 minutes, but why are we still speaking in French?"
She said that after that embarrassing clapping display, she didn't want anyone to think that she was British too."


Looks like the "Polish girlfriend" is back on the scene again. So what happened to poor "Red"? Has she been kicked to the kerb? :yikes:

:mrgreen:
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 10499
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Viper » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:49 am

Im thirsty. Going to pop over to ds and drink remoaner tears for an hour. You aint seen me...roight!
No one likes SJWs.
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 5747
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Canucklehead » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:07 am

Vam wrote::bell: Viiiiiiiic....You're gonna love this! :bell:

The latest from Frank39.. Razorback Tony (in the Clapping on Planes thread)

"That would be my theory, I landed in Murcia, Spain a couple of years back with my then girlfriend, a Polish girl who could get by in English, but was happier speaking French, and the predominantly British passengers all clapped and whistled.
She asked me in French how long it would take to drive to our rented apartment after picking up a car.
I whispered "Maybe 20 minutes, but why are we still speaking in French?"
She said that after that embarrassing clapping display, she didn't want anyone to think that she was British too."


Looks like the "Polish girlfriend" is back on the scene again. So what happened to poor "Red"? Has she been kicked to the kerb? :yikes:

:mrgreen:


Life is a fast-moving merry go round when you have a plethora of imaginary girlfriends. :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Canucklehead
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Observational guest » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:12 am

Vam wrote::bell: Viiiiiiiic....You're gonna love this! :bell:

The latest from Frank39.. Razorback Tony (in the Clapping on Planes thread)

"That would be my theory, I landed in Murcia, Spain a couple of years back with my then girlfriend, a Polish girl who could get by in English, but was happier speaking French, and the predominantly British passengers all clapped and whistled.
She asked me in French how long it would take to drive to our rented apartment after picking up a car.
I whispered "Maybe 20 minutes, but why are we still speaking in French?"
She said that after that embarrassing clapping display, she didn't want anyone to think that she was British too."


Looks like the "Polish girlfriend" is back on the scene again. So what happened to poor "Red"? Has she been kicked to the kerb? :yikes:

:mrgreen:

Read it again. Hes talking about something from a couple of years ago and refers to the polish girlfriend as his then girlfriend. Shes not back on the [imaginary] scene
User avatar
Observational guest
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Vam » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:13 am

Canucklehead wrote:
Life is a fast-moving merry go round when you have a plethora of imaginary girlfriends. :gigglesnshit:


His stories crack me up, Can, especially when they conflict with every post. Absolutely love the guy.

And I know Vic's a big fan too. Right, Vic? :leer: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 10499
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Canucklehead » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:16 am

NastyNickers wrote:But what has that got to do with this victim body language? What is victim body language? This is what I don't understand. How does one behave to make themselves a target?


If one were of a predatory mindset, they would look for a target who doesn't seem able to fight off an attack, perhaps staggering and not able to maintain balance. The average person is not going to see a drunk person and think, ooh I could easily rape/mug them, but someone on the prowl for a victim would choose an obviously drunk person over a sober one, all other things being equal.
User avatar
Canucklehead
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am

Previous

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests