DS and DTV Part 55

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby Canucklehead » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:02 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Spot on and some guests are members of DS if they are so interested in DS and it's posters, they should declare who they are on there. They are no doubt hiding things it isn't a level playing field.


No they shouldn't why do you have to declare who you are?

you don't know who I am and I post on DS. It is irrelevant to the discussions I take part in on here.


I agree. And besides, how would we know if they were being honest? Any guest could claim to be a DS poster, Scottie, Jason Watkins, Whedonite, Retford, muggins, ... it's not as if the admin can confirm or deny it. They can probably check ip's and tell one guest from another and if it matches an existing member, but nothing more.
It could obviously be proven. But as my post to Goodwife explains I just don't see why someone needs to hide their DS identity.


There are many reasons why someone wouldn't use their DS identity. And what does it matter anyway? This is a totally independent forum. There's no requirement, withholding your DS identity doesn't have any impact on the discussion. If anything I'd say it actually helps, those that do use their DS identity tend to end up in awful circular arguments that bore the shit out of everyone else.


A-fucking-men to that. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Canucklehead
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

VR6storm wrote:
jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
There are many reasons why someone wouldn't use their DS identity. And what does it matter anyway? This is a totally independent forum. There's no requirement, withholding your DS identity doesn't have any impact on the discussion. If anything I'd say it actually helps, those that do use their DS identity tend to end up in awful circular arguments that bore the shit out of everyone else.
What specific reasons though you obviously has some ideas.

I don't see the logic of hiding who you are on DS when you're participating in a thread that's about DS and it's posters.


Three 'specific' reasons right up there you myopic twat. :whistle: :whistle:
Imo they weren't good enough and I've already counted those, slowcoach. :thumbsup:
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby Canucklehead » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:07 pm

jp761 wrote:
Easily, just a simple I'm now going to post in a certain thread on DS. If the post shows up alongside the FMs user name who they are claiming to be, then yeah that will prove who they are.


Doesn't sound like a very good system. It's like asking them to jump through extra hoops for your benefit, not theirs. Why would they do that? I think as the admin have made guest posting an accepted thing, and that it's not necessary to identify who you are on DS, we should respect their rules and move on. Otherwise this topic just goes round and round.
User avatar
Canucklehead
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Frankly wrote:
jp761 wrote:@Frankly

You describe a person who is hiding something. Has it been clarified that mods post here ? Or is it just hearsay.

I'm not sure LOTS of DSers post here, the number of people using this site and specifically this section of the forum it isn't usually that high. It's a very small number when you compare it to the numbers of people that post across the DS forum.



Why is that even relevant? It is just 'known', and yes, there are many posters here who also post on DS.

Anyway, guest posting is part and parcel of Dogs. Stop moaning about it, for goodness sake!
Well, as long as some guests keep talking shit and making-up crap I'm sure a few members on here will keep countering them.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:26 pm

@Goodwife Why guilty conscience you ask.

Hiding the reason why they got permanent banned is one possible, as it could possibly be found in post history. Also if they are active on DS now but don't want anyone who posts on Dogs to see what they post on DS.

Basically whatever way you look at it, it all looks like someone who is hiding and being soft.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:28 pm

jp761 wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
There are many reasons why someone wouldn't use their DS identity. And what does it matter anyway? This is a totally independent forum. There's no requirement, withholding your DS identity doesn't have any impact on the discussion. If anything I'd say it actually helps, those that do use their DS identity tend to end up in awful circular arguments that bore the shit out of everyone else.
What specific reasons though you obviously has some ideas.

I don't see the logic of hiding who you are on DS when you're participating in a thread that's about DS and it's posters.


Three 'specific' reasons right up there you myopic twat. :whistle: :whistle:
Imo they weren't good enough and I've already counted those, slowcoach. :thumbsup:


I don't give a fuck if you don't consider them good enough. I'm not going to list reasons so you can give them your approval.
Nothing you say will make any difference. Pointless argument is pointless.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:29 pm

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:Interesting reading, it appears that some guests can do metamorphosis into Keysers beer cans. :pmsl:

Has he publicly talked about drinking lots of alcohol ? It cracks me up how some people THINK they know about the lives of others.


Tut tut. An apostrophe is missing. Can you see where or should I help you?
Yes dear, I'm not writing an important letter so I don't always give a fuck. ;)

You don't have much in your locker do you, one-trick pony.

:thumbsup:


Whereas you haven't got any question marks left in your locker.



lol
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Easily, just a simple I'm now going to post in a certain thread on DS. If the post shows up alongside the FMs user name who they are claiming to be, then yeah that will prove who they are.


Doesn't sound like a very good system. It's like asking them to jump through extra hoops for your benefit, not theirs. Why would they do that? I think as the admin have made guest posting an accepted thing, and that it's not necessary to identify who you are on DS, we should respect their rules and move on. Otherwise this topic just goes round and round.
Well some guests clearly don't respect Stoo's rules he mentioned it last night.

And as I've said if some guests carry on spewing out crap about a few of us, then they can expect a few members here to keep countering them. Around and around it will no doubt go then, so be it.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:35 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
There are many reasons why someone wouldn't use their DS identity. And what does it matter anyway? This is a totally independent forum. There's no requirement, withholding your DS identity doesn't have any impact on the discussion. If anything I'd say it actually helps, those that do use their DS identity tend to end up in awful circular arguments that bore the shit out of everyone else.
What specific reasons though you obviously has some ideas.

I don't see the logic of hiding who you are on DS when you're participating in a thread that's about DS and it's posters.


Three 'specific' reasons right up there you myopic twat. :whistle: :whistle:
Imo they weren't good enough and I've already counted those, slowcoach. :thumbsup:


I don't give a fuck if you don't consider them good enough. I'm not going to list reasons so you can give them your approval.
Nothing you say will make any difference. Pointless argument is pointless.
Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. I don't carry on arguing with those who don't engage.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:Interesting reading, it appears that some guests can do metamorphosis into Keysers beer cans. :pmsl:

Has he publicly talked about drinking lots of alcohol ? It cracks me up how some people THINK they know about the lives of others.


Tut tut. An apostrophe is missing. Can you see where or should I help you?
Yes dear, I'm not writing an important letter so I don't always give a fuck. ;)

You don't have much in your locker do you, one-trick pony.

:thumbsup:


Whereas you haven't got any question marks left in your locker.



lol
Duh, when I want to ask a question I have. :laughing:
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby Canucklehead » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:51 pm

jp761 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Easily, just a simple I'm now going to post in a certain thread on DS. If the post shows up alongside the FMs user name who they are claiming to be, then yeah that will prove who they are.


Doesn't sound like a very good system. It's like asking them to jump through extra hoops for your benefit, not theirs. Why would they do that? I think as the admin have made guest posting an accepted thing, and that it's not necessary to identify who you are on DS, we should respect their rules and move on. Otherwise this topic just goes round and round.


Well some guests clearly don't respect Stoo's rules he mentioned it last night.

And as I've said if some guests carry on spewing out crap about a few of us, then they can expect a few members here to keep countering them. Around and around it will no doubt go then, so be it.


And their posts get disapproved if they don't abide, simple enough.

Those who moan a lot about guest posting are in a sense disrespecting the forum. It's one of the features, get over it. As is being allowed to join without using your DS moniker. Some choose to do it and others do not. We're all still virtually anonymous, unless I'm a cat and you're a horse. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Canucklehead
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Easily, just a simple I'm now going to post in a certain thread on DS. If the post shows up alongside the FMs user name who they are claiming to be, then yeah that will prove who they are.


Doesn't sound like a very good system. It's like asking them to jump through extra hoops for your benefit, not theirs. Why would they do that? I think as the admin have made guest posting an accepted thing, and that it's not necessary to identify who you are on DS, we should respect their rules and move on. Otherwise this topic just goes round and round.


Well some guests clearly don't respect Stoo's rules he mentioned it last night.

And as I've said if some guests carry on spewing out crap about a few of us, then they can expect a few members here to keep countering them. Around and around it will no doubt go then, so be it.


And their posts get disapproved if they don't abide, simple enough.

Those who moan a lot about guest posting are in a sense disrespecting the forum. It's one of the features, get over it. As is being allowed to join without using your DS moniker. Some choose to do it and others do not. We're all still virtually anonymous, unless I'm a cat and you're a horse. :mrgreen:
Well admin have been known to 'moan' about it. But I respect the fact that admin want guests to post here, I wouldn't have joined otherwise.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby anonymous baghead cunt » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:00 pm

jp761 wrote:Fair enough. If some people want to hide what they got/get up too on DS then fine that's up to them. Imo it shows a guilty conscience though.


It's not about hiding what people are up to or a guilty conscience it's about avoiding a shit load of PMs from you :thumbsup:
User avatar
anonymous baghead cunt
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby Goodwife » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:00 pm

jp761 wrote:@Goodwife Why guilty conscience you ask.

Hiding the reason why they got permanent banned is one possible, as it could possibly be found in post history. Also if they are active on DS now but don't want anyone who posts on Dogs to see what they post on DS.

Basically whatever way you look at it, it all looks like someone who is hiding and being soft.


its not hiding it? hiding it would be posting on DS under a second account after the first got banned.

this is a separate unrelated forum to DS. Yes it shares some of the same members, yes it has some previous posters of DS but that's it.

Anyone can see what I post on DS, in fact they don't even need to be a DS member to see it. So therefore I am not hiding anything...

If posters on here choose to talk about me then so be it, I might even join in the conversation :canny:

but the fact is I am not a notorious DS poster and I don't get talked about. clearly I am not an attention seeker :twirl:


So I am not hiding anything. I joined this forum after seeing it mentioned on DS, it piqued my interest and I enjoyed reading it for months and months and months. then I had something to say and became a member. My being a member of another forum is irrelevant.

by the way this :flog: applies to you. Just in case you hadn't noticed the mods chose to operate the site letting guests post, you have three options, like it, lump it or leave it
I know how this works. We're going to try and get into each other's heads, try and unnerve each other. Can I give you a little bit of advice? After the last seven months, I'm vaccinated.
User avatar
Goodwife
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:@Goodwife Why guilty conscience you ask.

Hiding the reason why they got permanent banned is one possible, as it could possibly be found in post history. Also if they are active on DS now but don't want anyone who posts on Dogs to see what they post on DS.

Basically whatever way you look at it, it all looks like someone who is hiding and being soft.


its not hiding it? hiding it would be posting on DS under a second account after the first got banned.

this is a separate unrelated forum to DS. Yes it shares some of the same members, yes it has some previous posters of DS but that's it.

Anyone can see what I post on DS, in fact they don't even need to be a DS member to see it. So therefore I am not hiding anything...

If posters on here choose to talk about me then so be it, I might even join in the conversation :canny:

but the fact is I am not a notorious DS poster and I don't get talked about. clearly I am not an attention seeker :twirl:


So I am not hiding anything. I joined this forum after seeing it mentioned on DS, it piqued my interest and I enjoyed reading it for months and months and months. then I had something to say and became a member. My being a member of another forum is irrelevant.

by the way this :flog: applies to you. Just in case you hadn't noticed the mods chose to operate the site letting guests post, you have three options, like it, lump it or leave it
You're just stating a few obvious things it's nothing that everyone doesn't already know, you may or may not be making it up. People are still hiding things such as who are they on DS, how do they post on there what were they banned for. But it's fine of course it's up to them, but that still doesn't stop some of us bringing it up.

I've already talked about the admin and guest side of stuff in other posts.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests