DS and DTV Part 59

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 59

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Keyser wrote:Aetius_Maralas tries so very hard but he is so bloody obvious that no one ever takes any notice - in the bullfighting thread for example.

I wonder what he gets out posting? :dunno:

Tbh, threads like that need a little bit of a shake up. They're the forum equivalent of a jeering mob at an execution, no benefit to the process whatsoever and a side of humanity that shouldn't be applauded IMO.

Meso (hope you don't mind me quoting you :paranoid: ) sums it up really and if I could think straight in this heat I might have said something similar myself.

Yes I do have sympathy.... I'm against the death penalty in anyway, even self inflicted foolish ways like this. He will have had family and friends who will be deeply affected by this However his occupation was an anachronistic barbarism that was an offense to every decent soul on the planet so I would have been totally down with him losing a testicle or two and maybe a leg.
Junglejayne

Postby Keyser » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Keyser wrote:Aetius_Maralas tries so very hard but he is so bloody obvious that no one ever takes any notice - in the bullfighting thread for example.

Tbh, threads like that need a little bit of a shake up. They're the forum equivalent of a jeering mob at an execution, no benefit to the process whatsoever and a side of humanity that shouldn't be applauded IMO.

Meso (hope you don't mind me quoting you :paranoid: ) sums it up really and if I could think straight in this heat I might have said something similar myself.

Yes I do have sympathy.... I'm against the death penalty in anyway, even self inflicted foolish ways like this. He will have had family and friends who will be deeply affected by this However his occupation was an anachronistic barbarism that was an offense to every decent soul on the planet so I would have been totally down with him losing a testicle or two and maybe a leg.

It's too bloody hot to think here as well.

Horrible.
Keyser

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Keyser wrote:

Horrible.

We shouldn't moan but

Junglejayne

Postby Keyser » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Horrible.

We shouldn't moan but

:mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby blissed-out guest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Blueblade's idea of bliss.

Sitting on the lawn with my tablet, a cold drink and a packet of crisps. Distant laughter and talking from a few doors down. TV on quietly next door, with their door open. Evening songbirds sounding very tuneful.

Suburban bliss, quite honestly.
blissed-out guest

Postby weather guest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Important update from the weather thread. Brace yourselves ...

Fallen back to 22C here in Chelmsford, but still 25 to 26 degrees across wide swathes of the Midlands.
weather guest

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 pm

blissed-out guest wrote:Blueblade's idea of bliss.

Sitting on the lawn with my tablet, a cold drink and a packet of crisps. Distant laughter and talking from a few doors down. TV on quietly next door, with their door open. Evening songbirds sounding very tuneful.

GDJ and Safi74 seem to be enjoying their dips as well..

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Guest wrote:

Apparently he plans on sitting out all night, safi must have relegated him to the couch.

Postby Vam » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Guest wrote:

Sorry? Enjoying their what? :gigglesnshit:

You lot (and most of DS) would have dissolved by now where I am! No stamina....pfft! :cool: Suits me just fine, though. I hate feeling cold.
Vam

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:

You lot (and most of DS) would have dissolved by now where I am! No stamina....pfft! :cool: Suits me just fine, though. I hate feeling cold.

Dips..carrots, celery, that sort of thing.

Postby Odessa Steps » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Junglejayne wrote:

Is nice being quoted where I haven't caused immortal offence... I was worried I was going to far against the grain there, the baying mob looked ready to set on anyone.
Odessa Steps

Postby George » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:

I love the good weather, I am only sorry I am away and missing it
George

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Got a very nice, encouraging and informative pm off Charlie :smilin:

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm definitely part of the whole "woe is me, I'm fucking melting, fuck the sun" group. Not even Botox and a fuck ton of Narproxen are getting me through this heat. I've spent the day with the blackout blinds down and every fan I own pointing at my head.

Miserable cunt I am.

:grrrrr:
NastyNickers

Postby Spill the beans guest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Guest wrote:Got a very nice, encouraging and informative pm off Charlie :smilin:

That's lovely! What did it say? :cuppaT:
Spill the beans guest

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive