DS and DTV Part 59

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 58

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:15 pm

jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Foxy wrote:
I remember my daughter when she was younger wanting 'sexy' underwear, like a bra top and skimpy knickers. She was about 6 or 7 at the time. I was horrified that they even made it her size. I'm probably old-fashioned but children don't seem to stay kids for long now. As for these pop stars who perform to a target audience of young teens dressed in a sexualised manner, I don't like it. Someone earlier in this thread described it as freedom to dress how they want, and compared it to the strict rules of Islam where woman have to wear the burka. I imagine this 'dress code' is imposed on them almost as strictly as covering up is imposed on Muslim women. They probably don't have much of a choice.

I don't necessarily think that children are growing older quicker, if anything I think it's longer now with them having to stay in school to 18 and such.

Children are definitely growing up faster than they used to and you can leave school at 16, but nowadays there seem to be certain conditions attached.

Not so long ago if you didn't pass the 11+ that was the end of your schooling. Even then the poor couldn't afford to keep kids in school when they could be out earning.

I haven't looked at the thread in question & didn't see Little Mix other than pics in the paper. I have seen worse outfits
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Not so long ago if you didn't pass the 11+ that was the end of your schooling. Even then the poor couldn't afford to keep kids in school when they could be out earning.

I haven't looked at the thread in question & didn't see Little Mix other than pics in the paper. I have seen worse outfits

Nonsense. Failing the 11+ meant that you went to a Secondary Modern instead of a Grammar School. It wasn't the "end of your schooling" at all.

Postby Frankly » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Nonsense. Failing the 11+ meant that you went to a Secondary Modern instead of a Grammar School. It wasn't the "end of your schooling" at all.

This is how I remember it too. :dunno:
Frankly

Postby jra » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:23 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Foxy wrote:
I remember my daughter when she was younger wanting 'sexy' underwear, like a bra top and skimpy knickers. She was about 6 or 7 at the time. I was horrified that they even made it her size. I'm probably old-fashioned but children don't seem to stay kids for long now. As for these pop stars who perform to a target audience of young teens dressed in a sexualised manner, I don't like it. Someone earlier in this thread described it as freedom to dress how they want, and compared it to the strict rules of Islam where woman have to wear the burka. I imagine this 'dress code' is imposed on them almost as strictly as covering up is imposed on Muslim women. They probably don't have much of a choice.

I don't necessarily think that children are growing older quicker, if anything I think it's longer now with them having to stay in school to 18 and such.

Children are definitely growing up faster than they used to and you can leave school at 16, but nowadays there seem to be certain conditions attached.

Definitely? What are you measuring that on?

I personally think they are babied a lot more these days. Yes they are exposed to more via the internet and the like, and they behave like they are older, but I think the childlike lack of responsibility and immaturity extends much longer than it once did.

And anyway, go far enough back and you had young children working and having responsibility.

Edit to add: yeah there are conditions. I think it's either college for 2 years, an apprenticeship or 20hours work and training/education.

School leaving age. https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

As for children growing up quicker, it's mostly down to more exposure to media and technology.
jra

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:30 pm

jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Foxy wrote:

Definitely? What are you measuring that on?

I personally think they are babied a lot more these days. Yes they are exposed to more via the internet and the like, and they behave like they are older, but I think the childlike lack of responsibility and immaturity extends much longer than it once did.

And anyway, go far enough back and you had young children working and having responsibility.

Edit to add: yeah there are conditions. I think it's either college for 2 years, an apprenticeship or 20hours work and training/education.

School leaving age. https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

As for children growing up quicker, it's mostly down to more exposure to media and technology.

Isn't that what I said? College, apprenticeship or work and education. So either way, they continue to be taught until they are 18.

As for the exposure. Like I said, they do see more. But I don't really regard seeing more as growing up quicker, I think they are slower to actually mature into adults (as much as they like to pretend they are).
I don't think the internet really helps to mature kids. If anything it turns grown adults into kids.
NastyNickers

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Ariund the end of the first world war the minimum school leaving age was raised. Before that children would leave school and go into employment esp the poor
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Mrs P not logged in wrote:It would be better if people were a bit more accurate with what they are claiming posters are saying though. Otherwise we might as well all just make up random shit and attribute it to whichever poster we dislike most. I can't begin to imagine why I got lumped in with mushymanrob. My opinion in that thread is miles away from what he's posted.

:thumbsup: By Jove, I think you've got it. Welcome to the thread. It's what they do.

Hi Gilbertoo. Happy to provide screenshots if it shuts you up once and for all.

Yes please - please provide screenshots of these PMs I send to those who disagree with me.

I presume you've taken so long to respond because you've been honing your photoshop skills.

Can't wait.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Lol Gilbertoo's that obvious to pick out with their guest posts.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Mrs P not logged I wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:So.....mushymanrob in the "sex shaming" thread is an interesting one. Is this the same guy who was very proud of shagging a 16 year old schoolgirl when he was 40 odd (and working at her school) and only has eyes for the lithe, slim figures of girls young enough to be his daughters? Cause he seems to have come across all prude and Victorian about Little Mix and their leotards. He's worried about their young teenage fanbase...... :ooer:

He's not the only one being a prude or Victorian though, many have tried to tell posters why those young women should be allowed to wear. and it's ironic that many posters basically want women who look ' too sexy' to cover up.... A bit like those fucking terrorists do. Perhaps hijabs and burkas would be better for them m

Even posters like Hobbit Feet or Blue eyes Mrs P are acting like these women can't wear what ever the hell they want without being shamed because.. won't somebody think of the children. If their kids are twerking or playing up like she says then maybe look first at their own bad parenting or weird attitudes rather than trying to shift the blame onto the outfits worn by some girl band. Just a thought.

Could you quote where I said that? I was speculating on why people might have complained. I actually said I liked LM and didn't care what they wore.

I didn't say it either, but who cares - people can read the thread if they want, and are able to follow a conversation trail, and those that can't are welcome to think what they want
I think their general image is out of keeping with their target audience, but the same could be said for lots of 'pop' groups

if people are going to bitch they will find something to bitch about, that's about it really

wait till your first school disco

parents get the pleasure of sitting and watching their primary age children emulating their idols - it can be amusing if you have that sort of humour, and I have to say that the sight of 6/7 year olds singing 'sex on fire' will stay with me forever

in seriousness they can't avoid these things, if you stop them watching/listening you can guarantee there is always some child who knows all the 'dirty' moves so they copy them instead - you can't win

I'm no prude but I do think 'pop' acts that target the pre and young teen market should consider the nature of their acts a little more carefully

and yeah uncomfortable is exactly the right word, it doesn't outrage me, but nor does it sit right

so shoot me.......
. Judging by some of your recent comments I think the only one you want to shoot is the poor fox. Or are you denying you supported that still too. What happened to you? You never used to be this full of shit.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 am

Guest wrote:Judging by some of your recent comments I think the only one you want to shoot is the poor fox. Or are you denying you supported that still too. What happened to you? You never used to be this full of shit.

You're getting really desperate :off head:

Postby guest » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 am

Noodkleopatra's lengthy diatribes are mind-numbing. It's like cornish_piskie on steroids.

Postby George » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 am

guest wrote:Noodkleopatra's lengthy diatribes are mind-numbing. It's like cornish_piskie on steroids.

Not so nonsensical as the Cornish piskie's though and the don't mention the bloody wife every few words
George

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 am

guest wrote:Noodkleopatra's lengthy diatribes are mind-numbing. It's like cornish_piskie on steroids.

Where has that big bull dyke gone?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 am

Zero Gravitas has explained his little dogs outburst on DTV

I don't complain about the people here. occasionally about twats over there, but not here.
Infighting among ourselves is a pointless exercise. On dogs it's a way of life it seems.
Ho-hum.

So there you have it. Forums are for agreeing with each other.

I hope everyone takes note. If so, dogs might become as riveting a read as DTV :pmsl:

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:18 am

Guest wrote:Lol Gilbertoo's that obvious to pick out with their guest posts.

Well yes 'cos, y'know, I clearly state it's me - there's probably quite a few posts here which you no doubt think are from me, but aren't.

Not sure if it was you, but I'm still waiting to see proof of these PMs I apparently send to those who disagree with me.

Also, I'm flattered that some think I have some kind of influence over how DS is run/moderated.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive