DS and DTV Part 60

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 60

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Guest wrote:Ok I am getting sick of trying to read Jaycee Dove's essays on that man gives birth thread. Likes to hear herself talk that one, or at least likes to type. I just skim over her posts now.

She's the same in the fat tranny thread, I don't think I've ever read more than a paragraph of JD's posts, and also skim over them.

That thread surprised me, I thought more of DS's 'right on' crowd would be siding with the 'transgender model' than have. There's always one though - from DDRickyDD:

"Just shows how transphobic the world still is. She's clearly a woman and to not date her because you think she's somehow less of a woman is clearly misogynistic as well as transphobic. Good on her for exposing it"

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... ng-apps/p4
Red Okktober

Postby guest » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Guest wrote:Ok I am getting sick of trying to read Jaycee Dove's essays on that man gives birth thread. Likes to hear herself talk that one, or at least likes to type. I just skim over her posts now.

She's the same in the fat tranny thread, I don't think I've ever read more than a paragraph of JD's posts, and also skim over them.

That thread surprised me, I thought more of DS's 'right on' crowd would be siding with the 'transgender model' than have. There's always one though - from DDRickyDD:

"Just shows how transphobic the world still is. She's clearly a woman and to not date her because you think she's somehow less of a woman is clearly misogynistic as well as transphobic. Good on her for exposing it"

Yeah, let's focus on the blatant WUM. Take Ricky out of the equation and it looks like DS "right on" reputation might be a little bit overblown.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:36 pm

guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

Yeah, let's focus on the blatant WUM. Take Ricky out of the equation and it looks like DS "right on" reputation might be a little bit overblown.

The average person on DS is still pretty "right on" in comparison to Red's views.

Postby Puzzler » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:39 pm

guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

No true scotsman eh?
Puzzler

Postby Lambert » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Guest wrote:Somebody has finally done it.Shaddler asked Wizzywick straight out if they have more than one account. :yess:

Where is this?
Lambert

Postby Doomlord2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:01 pm

The Charlie Gard thread is totally beyond the pale. It's a nasty point scoring exercise. I see the ever so reasonable (sorry, I mean objectionable and generally wrong) benjamini has got involved now. It's just a collection of arseholes yapping and point scoring. SusieSmith, Benjamini, Kizzie, Paul_Jenkins. All just trying to outdo the posters who have some level of rationality.
It is the most horrible example of forum point scoring - masked as "concern" that I have ever seen. I have lost all respect for the above posters plus a few others. Pathetic the lot if them.
Doomlord2

Postby Lambert » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Every one of their posts is like a bloody novella. I actually think it's quite arrogant to write such long posts and expect people to read them. Forums are meant to be conversational.
Lambert

Postby George » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Doomlord2 wrote:The Charlie Gard thread is totally beyond the pale. It's a nasty point scoring exercise. I see the ever so reasonable (sorry, I mean objectionable and generally wrong) benjamini has got involved now. It's just a collection of arseholes yapping and point scoring. SusieSmith, Benjamini, Kizzie, Paul_Jenkins. All just trying to outdo the posters who have some level of rationality.
It is the most horrible example of forum point scoring - masked as "concern" that I have ever seen. I have lost all respect for the above posters plus a few others. Pathetic the lot if them.

Could not agree more and now Seacam has joined in
George

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm

guest wrote:Yeah, let's focus on the blatant WUM. Take Ricky out of the equation and it looks like DS "right on" reputation might be a little bit overblown.

That's the thing guest, although DDRickyDD's comments appear as being those of a WUM, they're commonplace on DS when any story involving a fringe element is involved. Anyone who isn't all-embracing any minority group is labelled as having a phobia or ism, by default.

It's actually quite heartening, that DS's right on crowd backed away from this one, and that you yourself, whoever you are, labelled the one person siding with the 'transgendered model' as being a WUM. Maybe the tide is turning in favour of normal people. Heck, if this carries on, I might even be tempted to sign up again.
Red Okktober

Postby Odessa Steps » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:Somebody has finally done it.Shaddler asked Wizzywick straight out if they have more than one account. :yess:

Where is this?

It's gone... It was in the Andrew Mitchell PM Dead In The Water thread and 4 pages of that have been pruned out... including the post he made I pasted on the last page. So it looks like the parania about lefties being protected on DS is just that, Wizzywick is being carried.
Odessa Steps

Postby Kizzie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:29 am

Doomlord2 wrote:The Charlie Gard thread is totally beyond the pale. It's a nasty point scoring exercise. I see the ever so reasonable (sorry, I mean objectionable and generally wrong) benjamini has got involved now. It's just a collection of arseholes yapping and point scoring. SusieSmith, Benjamini, Kizzie, Paul_Jenkins. All just trying to outdo the posters who have some level of rationality.

Different thinking to you so we are not rational and we are all wrong even though my thinking to Paul Jenkins is as far as its different to be and he thinks exactly like the others on that thread, Can you not see how arrogant and irrational that is? There are many people including Drs who think the same as I do.
Kizzie

Postby George » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:17 am

Feline wrote:

Different thinking to you so we are not rational and we are all wrong even though my thinking to Paul Jenkins is as far as its different to be and he thinks exactly like the others on that thread, Can you not see how arrogant and irrational that is? There are many people including Drs who think the same as I do.

I can understand people's feelings and hopes for this child but I also believe that their hopes are not realistic. Charlie is not going to recover or gain any meaningful function if he undergoes this experimental treatment. To me that is not making the best decision for Charlie. I also appreciate and know that doctors make mistakes but I do no think they are making one in this case. I think this article is reasonably balanced.
http://www.independent.co.uk/Voices/cha ... 27276.html
George

Postby Kizzie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:51 am

George wrote:
Feline wrote:

I can understand people's feelings and hopes for this child but I also believe that their hopes are not realistic. Charlie is not going to recover or gain any meaningful function if he undergoes this experimental treatment. To me that is not making the best decision for Charlie. I also appreciate and know that doctors make mistakes but I do no think they are making one in this case. I think this article is reasonably balanced.
http://www.independent.co.uk/Voices/cha ... 27276.html

I'm not going to get into a discussion about Charlie on here but they wanted to take him near the end of last year and were refused, at that time he could still open his eyes and see. Is it the best for Charlie now, probably not, communication between the consultants and the parents have broken down and cannot be repaired. Something has to be sorted today, this isn't fair on anyone involved.
Kizzie

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:40 am

I don't often use the word but DS resident armchair detective and moral arbiter DCI Benjamini is a cunt of the highest order.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:45 am

Feline wrote:

You are not coming at this from any kind of rational place. You are allowing your own personal experiences with doctors to colour your perception. Like all kinds of prejudice, this leads to irrationality and paranoia.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive