DS and DTV Part 60

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 60

Postby Guestlivesmatter » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:
Guestlivesmatter wrote:Fair play to stoatie here for being balanced and not going down the aggressive, forum-suffocating "tories = EVIL, corbyn = saint who is above any criticism" route that banglaroad, andykn, ohg, oleo twat, sport1, the engineer * etc never waiver from.

A lot of those posters' shitty attitudes are really choking ds politics out imo.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_86961759

* engineer of really, really shit threads

Awww...did lil baby guestlivesmatter lose his lil majority when Aunty May fucked up der election... awwww... little baby... :dafinger:

Err … yeah, I guess? May fought an abysmal campaign and got the result she deserved. Can’t say I’m particularly enamoured with the DUP’s stance on certain social issues.

Imo this type of increasingly tribal, partisan, aggressive politics isn’t moving us forward as a society and doesn’t allow the core issues to even be discussed rationally, never mind tackled.

Don’t want to drag the thread away from DS and DTV (lol) but … not sure what your point is tbh.
Guestlivesmatter

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:Somebody has finally done it.Shaddler asked Wizzywick straight out if they have more than one account. :yess:

Where is this?

It's gone... It was in the Andrew Mitchell PM Dead In The Water thread and 4 pages of that have been pruned out... including the post he made I pasted on the last page. So it looks like the parania about lefties being protected on DS is just that, Wizzywick is being carried.

Wizzywick had a massive meltdown in that thread yesterday and seemed to sense people were starting to rumble him. What is mystifying is why some of the mods are interested in carrying him and protecting him? It is crystal clear I think that he is a hybrid of a troll and shill with numerous sock accounts. It is no wonder DS is losing interest and respect amongst it's users with this kind of tacit complicity.

Postby Kizzie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:Kind of goes with the territory with Anne - she's a cranky moo to so many folks! :gigglesnshit:

Your last paragraph - yeah, in parts it's rolling along as you describe with input from the cluelessly uninformed tree-huggers, who gush out their point-scoring 'empathy'. But mostly, it's pretty rational. Apart from Anne, there are some impressive posts from loads of people, most notably Winter Lily and Cally's Mum.

I can't stand the thought of that helpless blind and deaf little mite might be lying there, feeling pain, while the hoopla continues playing out.....

What were you saying about point scoring empathy?

Exactly. They only see it when its someone they disagree with.
See a post this morning that said a few paragraphs and then put into brackets (sadly) like oops forgot to show how sad I am about all this.. reminds me of those who are always saying "I've lost sympathy now. They never had any, to begin with.
Kizzie

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:
Guestlivesmatter wrote:Fair play to stoatie here for being balanced and not going down the aggressive, forum-suffocating "tories = EVIL, corbyn = saint who is above any criticism" route that banglaroad, andykn, ohg, oleo twat, sport1, the engineer * etc never waiver from.

A lot of those posters' shitty attitudes are really choking ds politics out imo.

Awww...did lil baby guestlivesmatter lose his lil majority when Aunty May fucked up der election... awwww... little baby... :dafinger:

An adult wrote this.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Feline wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:Kind of goes with the territory with Anne - she's a cranky moo to so many folks! :gigglesnshit:

Your last paragraph - yeah, in parts it's rolling along as you describe with input from the cluelessly uninformed tree-huggers, who gush out their point-scoring 'empathy'. But mostly, it's pretty rational. Apart from Anne, there are some impressive posts from loads of people, most notably Winter Lily and Cally's Mum.

I can't stand the thought of that helpless blind and deaf little mite might be lying there, feeling pain, while the hoopla continues playing out.....

What were you saying about point scoring empathy?

Exactly. They only see it when its someone they disagree with.
See a post this morning that said a few paragraphs and then put into brackets (sadly) like oops forgot to show how sad I am about all this.. reminds me of those who are always saying "I've lost sympathy now. They never had any, to begin with.

I agree. There's always been loads of hypocrisy on here and this is no different. Some posters can be attacked in the most horrible ways for example and often by several people at once and it will continue for months. Others may get mentioned a few times and there's accusations of people having grudges or worse.

As you say, people chop and change their views based on who it is about or who said something much more than looking at the actual argument being made, and this example of point scoring empathy is no different.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Lambert wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Guest wrote:Ok I am getting sick of trying to read Jaycee Dove's essays on that man gives birth thread. Likes to hear herself talk that one, or at least likes to type. I just skim over her posts now.

She's the same in the fat tranny thread, I don't think I've ever read more than a paragraph of JD's posts, and also skim over them.

Every one of their posts is like a bloody novella. I actually think it's quite arrogant to write such long posts and expect people to read them. Forums are meant to be conversational.

I've always found people who say this kind of thing just make themselves look a bit dumb or lacking in education. Focus on the content and not the length as many adults converse in a variety of ways. People who dismiss posts or posters based on length is a bit like Daily Star readers complaining the Wall Street Journal has too many big words in it.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Guest wrote:Ok I am getting sick of trying to read Jaycee Dove's essays on that man gives birth thread. Likes to hear herself talk that one, or at least likes to type. I just skim over her posts now.

She's the same in the fat tranny thread, I don't think I've ever read more than a paragraph of JD's posts, and also skim over them.

Every one of their posts is like a bloody novella. I actually think it's quite arrogant to write such long posts and expect people to read them. Forums are meant to be conversational.

I've always found people who say this kind of thing just make themselves look a bit dumb or lacking in education. Focus on the content and not the length as many adults converse in a variety of ways. People who dismiss posts or posters based on length is a bit like Daily Star readers complaining the Wall Street Journal has too many big words in it.

It depends in the topic though.

When SJWHunter was boring everyone to tears with his frump essays I think it was fair enough to ridicule his idiocy.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Odessa Steps wrote:

An adult wrote this.

Bit of an exaggeration there. More a very old child.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:

And you wonder why you're dismissed as a smug leftie cunt with nothing to say? :hand:

Postby Daily Star Forever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

It does though.
Daily Star Forever

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Odessa Steps wrote:

An adult wrote this.

Bit of an exaggeration there. More a very old child.

tiz a pickle to have the heart you bore as a child
and an adult mind that sees the world with open eyes
how does a heart filled with love use violence to achieve peace
do you have to fill your heart with hate to achieve peace
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Odessa Steps wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:Somebody has finally done it.Shaddler asked Wizzywick straight out if they have more than one account. :yess:

Where is this?

It's gone... It was in the Andrew Mitchell PM Dead In The Water thread and 4 pages of that have been pruned out... including the post he made I pasted on the last page. So it looks like the parania about lefties being protected on DS is just that, Wizzywick is being carried.

Wizzywick had a massive meltdown in that thread yesterday and seemed to sense people were starting to rumble him. What is mystifying is why some of the mods are interested in carrying him and protecting him? It is crystal clear I think that he is a hybrid of a troll and shill with numerous sock accounts. It is no wonder DS is losing interest and respect amongst it's users with this kind of tacit complicity.

Its blatant that WhisperingGrass and all4yourself are Wizzywick accounts as well. He seems to be lauding it now. Shame on the mods for turning a blind eye.

Postby monday guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

I can see guest's point. It's not a conversation, it's Jaycee Dove pontificating and expecting others to listen. There's a lot of 'read my post above' demands from her. Everyone gets it, she transitioned years ago and has a lot of opinions but does she have to be so ridiculously verbose?

It's the inherent vanity in expecting others to pause the discussion while she goes on at length. It's no wonder people get pissed off.
monday guest

Postby Luddie Wittgenstein » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:tiz a pickle to have the heart you bore as a child
and an adult mind that sees the world with open eyes
how does a heart filled with love use violence to achieve peace
do you have to fill your heart with hate to achieve peace
:dunno:

Anyone who listens to a child's crying and understands what he hears will know that it harbours dormant psychic forces, terrible forces different from anything commonly assumed. Profound rage, pain and lust for destruction.
Luddie Wittgenstein

Postby monday guest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:14 pm

monday guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

I can see guest's point. It's not a conversation, it's Jaycee Dove pontificating and expecting others to listen. There's a lot of 'read my post above' demands from her. Everyone gets it, she transitioned years ago and has a lot of opinions but does she have to be so ridiculously verbose?

It's the inherent vanity in expecting others to pause the discussion while she goes on at length. It's no wonder people get pissed off.

BIB sorry, meant Lamberts point.
monday guest

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive