What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Gabby » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:23 pm

I've just eaten far too much raspberry trifle with double cream poured on top and topped with blueberries :shame:..... now I'm gonna have a glass of this :cheers: ..... cos I've run out of this :Wiiiine!: ..... :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Goodwife » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Poca wrote:I've just eaten far too much raspberry trifle with double cream poured on top and topped with blueberries :shame:..... now I'm gonna have a glass of this :cheers: ..... cos I've run out of this :Wiiiine!: ..... :mrgreen:

The idea of trifle sounds divine.

I am starving but can't be arsed to cook :smilin:
Goodwife

Postby Gabby » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Poca wrote:I've just eaten far too much raspberry trifle with double cream poured on top and topped with blueberries :shame:..... now I'm gonna have a glass of this :cheers: ..... cos I've run out of this :Wiiiine!: ..... :mrgreen:

It was lovely, but I'm beginning to wish I hadn't as I'm feeling slightly nauseous right now :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby mavis cruet » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Junglejayne wrote:Great avi Mavis :smilin:

I'm making space in the freezer so had beef stew again, mint mash and veg.

Thank you JJ. We are having stew and dumplings tomorrow i think, nice Winter food :choc:
mavis cruet

Postby Goodwife » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Poca wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

It was lovely, but I'm beginning to wish I hadn't as I'm feeling slightly nauseous right now :gigglesnshit:

I would probably be the same :mrgreen:
Goodwife

Postby Minnie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm having an indian tonight, been a few days of not being able to keep much down so am starving! Butter chicken and all the trimmings I think :)
Minnie

Postby Stooo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Standard Sunday roast. I've got some silverside, sealed and in a pot relaxing in wine at gas mark 2 that will be returned to the bottom of the oven when I put the spuds in. Managed to get some chicken fat from health conscious son as well as some chicken stock which will be added to the 250mm (ish) of beef stock that I've saved from before, the fat will go into the yorkies because I'm going to boil the fuck out of the spuds and chuck some diced chorizo into the roasting dish to provide the fat for the roasting process :drool:

Steamed tree shaped veg and buttered flower sprouts :grub:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Eating out tonight. Steak I think.
Nucks

Postby Minnie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Stooo wrote:Standard Sunday roast. I've got some silverside, sealed and in a pot relaxing in wine at gas mark 2 that will be returned to the bottom of the oven when I put the spuds in. Managed to get some chicken fat from health conscious son as well as some chicken stock which will be added to the 250mm (ish) of beef stock that I've saved from before, the fat will go into the yorkies because I'm going to boil the fuck out of the spuds and chuck some diced chorizo into the roasting dish to provide the fat for the roasting process :drool:

Wheres your pub again because that sounds bloody delicious!
ps : also minted mash! never tried it but now want it.
Minnie

Postby Gabby » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:41 pm

I've not eaten yet today....... just finely chopped a couple of tomatoes, drizzled with garlic olive oil and salt and pepper..... gonna heat them up and have them on toast :Wiiiine!:
Gabby

Postby Goodwife » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Stooo wrote:Standard Sunday roast. I've got some silverside, sealed and in a pot relaxing in wine at gas mark 2 that will be returned to the bottom of the oven when I put the spuds in. Managed to get some chicken fat from health conscious son as well as some chicken stock which will be added to the 250mm (ish) of beef stock that I've saved from before, the fat will go into the yorkies because I'm going to boil the fuck out of the spuds and chuck some diced chorizo into the roasting dish to provide the fat for the roasting process :drool:

My invite didn't arrive :drool:

I had spicy tomato soup and bread for tea.
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Poca wrote:I've not eaten yet today....... just finely chopped a couple of tomatoes, drizzled with garlic olive oil and salt and pepper..... gonna heat them up and have them on toast :Wiiiine!:

you don't eat enough to keep a sparrow going! :kinell:

Postby Gabby » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm

...... and now for the rest of the blueberries......... minus the trifle :gigglesnshit:

Gone for the healthier option tonight! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Something or other with lamb, rice, and lentils. :dunno:

McAz

Postby Gabby » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Poca wrote:I've not eaten yet today....... just finely chopped a couple of tomatoes, drizzled with garlic olive oil and salt and pepper..... gonna heat them up and have them on toast :Wiiiine!:

you don't eat enough to keep a sparrow going! :kinell:

If I pig out one day I go easy the next...... today is the latter! :mrgreen:
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive