What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 pm

roast pork later

one for Stooo - I'm tryng the Simon Hopkinson method of pouring boiling water over the skin the night before, so I'll let you know how that goes

my crackling is usually good, but I want to make it legendary
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby malamute » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Roast beef, roast spuds, yorkshire puds, baby carrots, sprouts, peas, gravy. Dessert - lemon cheesecake from Lidl.
malamute

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:05 pm

I got a boned and basted half shoulder of baa lamb, released it from that shitty net that they use only to find babbys first roasting joint :ooer: A right mess. I tidied it up and bunged it full of thyme, lemon, garlic and rosemary stuffing (that's four of my five a day), tied it up properly and left it overnight. It's had a fierce time at the top of the oven and returned to the bottom on GM1 until I put the spuds in and it will rest in the top oven. I got some brilliant veg, local kale and purple sprouting and a savoy cabbage that looks like a happy grandma :wubbers: , steamed with salt and pepper, you can't gild a lily. Roast spuds, yorkies cooked in fat from the dripping cup and gravy made from veg hearts, odd leaves and stock that has history.

I had a quarter of a pint of chicken stock but I didn't need to keep the fat on the top so I scraped it off and smeared it on a thick slice of bread for the birds, cut it up small because they don't have a nice life at this time of year and put the bits on a low wall. It just got raided by seagulls.

Fucking things...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Stooo wrote:I got a boned and basted half shoulder of baa lamb, released it from that shitty net that they use only to find babbys first roasting joint :ooer: A right mess. I tidied it up and bunged it full of thyme, lemon, garlic and rosemary stuffing (that's four of my five a day), tied it up properly and left it overnight. It's had a fierce time at the top of the oven and returned to the bottom on GM1 until I put the spuds in and it will rest in the top oven. I got some brilliant veg, local kale and purple sprouting and a savoy cabbage that looks like a happy grandma :wubbers: , steamed with salt and pepper, you can't gild a lily. Roast spuds, yorkies cooked in fat from the dripping cup and gravy made from veg hearts, odd leaves and stock that has history.

I had a quarter of a pint of chicken stock but I didn't need to keep the fat on the top so I scraped it off and smeared it on a thick slice of bread for the birds, cut it up small because they don't have a nice life at this time of year and put the bits on a low wall. It just got raided by seagulls.

Fucking things...

Seagulls are birds too... and they also need to eat.... so well done you for caring :wubbers:

Put some fat balls out for the little ones :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Goodwife » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Its only taken me a while but now I understand what GM1 and GM2 is. I thought it was some kind of special oven :oops:

I went out for Sunday lunch so no tea as such. Going to now make the pancakes I was going To make an hour ago.

Lime juice and golden syrup :drool:
Goodwife

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Goodwife wrote:Its only taken me a while but now I understand what GM1 and GM2 is. I thought it was some kind of special oven :oops:

I went out for Sunday lunch so no tea as such. Going to now make the pancakes I was going To make an hour ago.

Gas Mark...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:Its only taken me a while but now I understand what GM1 and GM2 is. I thought it was some kind of special oven :oops:

Gas Mark...

Well yes I know now, worked it out for myself :mrgreen:

I was going to ask last week but didn't want to sound stupid...
Goodwife

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Gas Mark...

Well yes I know now, worked it out for myself :mrgreen:

I was going to ask last week but didn't want to sound stupid...

It's a cooking thread, you're fine to ask as is anyone.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 pm

IT will become like cooking school :mrgreen:
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:31 pm

lumaconi with smoked bacon, creme fraiche & black pepper.

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Chicken. Again. Apart from the occasional lamb roast, it's now the only meat I want to eat.
Cleopatra

Postby measurer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:18 pm

I love chicken - I get slagged to bits off my pal when we are on holiday, but I think it's wise as most countries DO have loads of them! lol

Tonight shall be flan with a balsamic raspberry drizzled over the top of the leaves.
measurer

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Simple penne bolognese bake with steamed broccoli.
Nucks

Postby Text » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Steak pie, baked potatoes, green beans.
A mini trifle (from a set of 3) to which I added extra fresh cherries & fresh blueberries.
Text

Postby dis » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:00 pm

I had chicken with Dahl.
dis

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive