DS and DTV Part 66 probably.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 66 probably.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Thanks guest. I don't worry about the backlash, it's all bs designed to shut up dissenters. The irony is I often agree with their PoV on DS but not the underhanded way they try to shut people down.

I saw HF's post to you about your past online persona/s. All way before my time, so can't comment on any of that. I can only post about what I see.

As Lady M, I think you're a good, fairly insightful, and often very funny poster here. I like having a laugh with you. But I really have to say that this preachy, admonishing, Earth Mother gig you've been on recently is starting to grate a bit (imo).

It's not like you're new around here, so I'm genuinely curious to know: there have been SIXTY-SIX threads about DS and its members. What took you so long to express your disapproval of them?

Why has it taken you so long to slag off guest posting? Why aren't you lobbying to have it stopped?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:
Oh here we go :roll:

:nelix: Another busybody baghead, bustling in and pretending to be speaking out against injustice and 'bullying'' When the reality is that it's clearly just an excuse to cunt people out and stir up some more crap.

Bullying, ffs? Seriously? :roll: While you so casually scatter that word about, do you ever stop and think what bullying is, in its truest sense? How about the REAL victims of bullying - ever think about how you diminish what they go through?

Btw, if the DS threads offend your sensibilities so damn much, why are you posting in them? Why not just avoid them?

I know you're talking to guest and not me here but I'd say if a bunch of people are making negative remarks about someone who isn't doing the same to them it is a form of bullying.

....and I think you're talking out of your arse.

But you're right; any bullying of anyone is completely unacceptable. So, if you feel that strongly about it, why not lobby Stooo and/or Admin about shutting down the DS threads, instead of lecturing people posting in them?

Oh shut up. Stop lecturing others yourself. Posters like you and Fuck Goblin are perfectly entitled to act like a couple of cunts on here and on DS. No one has talked about shutting this thread down or needing to lobby Stoo. Don’t be so ridiculous.

You’re allowed to bitch about others and Lady M or others are perfectly entitled to point out how you and her come across when you do it. If you can dish it out maybe learn to take a bit of criticism too.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Thanks guest. I don't worry about the backlash, it's all bs designed to shut up dissenters. The irony is I often agree with their PoV on DS but not the underhanded way they try to shut people down.

I saw HF's post to you about your past online persona/s. All way before my time, so can't comment on any of that. I can only post about what I see.

As Lady M, I think you're a good, fairly insightful, and often very funny poster here. I like having a laugh with you. But I really have to say that this preachy, admonishing, Earth Mother gig you've been on recently is starting to grate a bit (imo).

It's not like you're new around here, so I'm genuinely curious to know: there have been SIXTY-SIX threads about DS and its members. What took you so long to express your disapproval of them?

HF tends to go off half cocked unnecessarily, I thought she'd calmed down but fuck knows what her problem with me is.
I think it's to do with the fact I used to disagree with the way Dtvers used to behave, trying to control things on ds.

I do appreciate your kind of honesty Vam, and I hope you appreciate mine, even though it grates a bit.

I try to keep out of this thread cos I don't know who's who half the time but I have expressed disapproval before.

Hobbit Feet/ Fuck Goblin or whatever persona she’s using today, doesn’t have it in her to calm down. She’ll never change that inner freak and nasty streak she has. Her attack on JRA saying he wanks in a bedsit was a major misfire when you consider her own background. But of an own goal really.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:41 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:There's lot of variation between size 6 and not being able to see your feet. Many women will fall under the plus-size umbrella and not be anywhere near the taking up two bus seats category.

As jp said, the people going on about the weight thing are probably trying to goad certain DS members into taking the bait. Why on Earth they care about someone's weight is beyond me. It's just a lazy go-to insult for the intellectually inadequate. Like the hotel owner in the news story from Blackpool posted on DS.

Perfectly said!

There's loads of variations. People carry fat differently, and height/length can distribute it differently. Weight insults fuck me right off, and they can be so fucking damaging.

Yet we had less people complain when posters called JP skinny or Jason Watkins fat. To many it was seen as a joke so not sure why people are getting so bent out of shape this time round.

I agree that the comments designed to goad GD are pathetic but then the skinny runt jabs at JP are too.

And I have commented on skinny insults before, too. As have others. :dunno:

Yes but usually it’s Not in the same way imo. People seem far more offended by women or Safi being called fat than JP being called skinny. Maybe it’s a society and gender thing. A bit like how we can laugh at bald men but laughing at a women with hair loss is seen very differently, even when really it’s should be bad to insult anyone’s apoearance.

Postby Text » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Ja Ich bin gern die Farben Guest wrote:Disgusting post but props for using verdigris, a very interesting colour.

Always very nice on cupolas, against a cerulean sky.

I'd normally just call that teal. Or mint. Or aqua.
And before anyone disagrees with any of those names, it's not an exact science, people use these terms loosely. :laughing:
Text

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:

:nelix: Another busybody baghead, bustling in and pretending to be speaking out against injustice and 'bullying'' When the reality is that it's clearly just an excuse to cunt people out and stir up some more crap.

Bullying, ffs? Seriously? :roll: While you so casually scatter that word about, do you ever stop and think what bullying is, in its truest sense? How about the REAL victims of bullying - ever think about how you diminish what they go through?

Btw, if the DS threads offend your sensibilities so damn much, why are you posting in them? Why not just avoid them?

I know you're talking to guest and not me here but I'd say if a bunch of people are making negative remarks about someone who isn't doing the same to them it is a form of bullying.

But you're right; any bullying of anyone is completely unacceptable. So, if you feel that strongly about it, why not lobby Stooo and/or Admin about shutting down the DS threads, instead of lecturing people posting in them?

Do you agree that HF hounding Keyser off this thread by calling him a stalker and a racist again and again was unacceptable then?

Postby Sister George » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:

HF tends to go off half cocked unnecessarily, I thought she'd calmed down but fuck knows what her problem with me is.
I think it's to do with the fact I used to disagree with the way Dtvers used to behave, trying to control things on ds.

I do appreciate your kind of honesty Vam, and I hope you appreciate mine, even though it grates a bit.

I try to keep out of this thread cos I don't know who's who half the time but I have expressed disapproval before.

Hobbit Feet/ Fuck Goblin or whatever persona she’s using today, doesn’t have it in her to calm down. She’ll never change that inner freak and nasty streak she has. Her attack on JRA saying he wanks in a bedsit was a major misfire when you consider her own background. But of an own goal really.

I'm betting this holier than thou guest probably has about 100 "personas" across dozens of forums. Most of them involve being a middle aged stripper! :gigglesnshit:
Sister George

Postby Text » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Gorgeous colour.
But I've run out of walls to paint now.
Maybe next year .....
Text

Postby Puzzler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:

Excellent fuckin post :thumbsup:
Puzzler

Postby Vam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:

Do you agree that HF hounding Keyser off this thread by calling him a stalker and a racist again and again was unacceptable then?

She must have had her reasons, I guess. But yes, that did seem OTT at the time.

Nothing's said in secret here though, as has been implied loads of times. Plus, I wasn't aware Keys had been 'driven off' and has stopped posting in the DS threads. Has he?
Vam

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Am I allowed to say that I think Hobbit Feet is a good poster and makes me laugh?

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Vam wrote:

Nothing's said in secret here though, as has been implied loads of times. Plus, I wasn't aware Keys had been 'driven off' and has stopped posting in the DS threads. Has he?

I explained my reasons, him and Charlie denied over and over again that he had harrassed women right in front of one of the people he had done it to, it really got my back up, using this place as a platform knowing full well that one of his 'recipients' is admin/mod here - it's just fucking rude calling someone that is good enough to ensure this place stays open a liar, it's brazen and it pissed me right off

I wan't ever going to sit there and let him carry on without saying anything

and as for the racist thing - well he is (imo of course), he just uses semantics to try to avoid the label
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:Tomm98 in advice sounds like sam the football

That was my thought to, but Sam won't be able to not mention his Step-Brother before too long

Postby Frankly » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I explained my reasons, him and Charlie denied over and over again that he had harrassed women right in front of one of the people he had done it to, it really got my back up, using this place as a platform knowing full well that one of his 'recipients' is admin/mod here - it's just fucking rude calling someone that is good enough to ensure this place stays open a liar, it's brazen and it pissed me right off

I wan't ever going to sit there and let him carry on without saying anything

and as for the racist thing - well he is (imo of course), he just uses semantics to try to avoid the label

I don't think he is racist though, and it's a nasty label to give someone who isn't. I've seen him criticise Islam, that does not make him racist.
Frankly

Postby Vicky » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Canary wrote:Gorgeous colour.
But I've run out of walls to paint now.
Maybe next year .....

Come and paint mine Cans, i'll meet you at Central Station.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive