DS and DTV Part 66 probably.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 66 probably.

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Feline wrote:Some very crass and uninformed opinions on the Hollywood sexual abuse allegations thread.

:slap: :slap:

Numbertwats victim blaming?
No.
jp761

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Guest wrote:I hear on the grapevine the BBC aren't happy that people on the soap forum suggested John Yorke was some big homophobic. I never saw the comments myself but I wonder if DS have been forced to ban those who said it?

Edward Skylover said so in his "EE: Sack John Yorke now" thread more than once. AAron Silver more or less agreed with him, though not being quite so explicit, and I think they repeated those comments in other threads. ES's thread was closed and posters told not to make idiotic comments. However, no-one seemed to be punished as far as I noticed, and Support made absolutely no mention of the defamatory comments made. I wonder if that's because ES and AS are gay themselves, and thus were given more leeway in what they said?

I've said it before and I'll repeat it; I hope the BBC take action against these posters and sue the shite out of them for defamation of character (or the equivalent in England); it will serve them right.

Still on the topic which started things off, the apparent sacking of Ben Mitchell, some incredibly immature people have sent a petition to the BBC demanding the decision is reversed - how utterly pathetic.

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Feline wrote:Some very crass and uninformed opinions on the Hollywood sexual abuse allegations thread.

With JP well among them. :slap: :slap:
Nah. I actually think many people don't have to bottle to post in certain types of thread, or just can't be bothered. In a way I don't blame them it's kinda not worth it. Certain subjects are owned by a few people and that's it. Anyone else they will immediately try to shutdown. It's bloody weird though.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't think he's as bad as all that but he really is being a tosser in that thread. The blame does not rest on the groped and assaulted young actresses who feared a powerful mogul who seemed pretty untouchable (despite his reputation and repeated complaints to the police nothing happened) and the abuse, mockery and ruined career that often comes with speaking out. You don't have to look far to find the attitudes of "they knew what they were getting into" "they are lying" and "they just want money" after all. Despite what certain people often say, women are not automatically believed or sympathised with.
No I've actually been advocating different things that need to be discussed. Obviously I had to outline one of these things in order to discuss it.

The fact is if enough people let tw*** like Weinstein get away with unwanted groping time and time again... And they didn't say anything to him at the time! It's possible a guy will think it's fine. Him saying "it's what he's used to", says a lot.

Sure a guy does have to be a bit of a dick in the first place, to believe it's fine. But in my view, these things still need discussing. Can't you follow this, this is what I've
been discussing.

Also look at the jokes made about him at award ceremonies for years, 'men' and 'women' laughing in the audience. What a shit example that obviously sets. People have to always try and speak-out straight away when these guys take liberties. As I've said I'm not referring to rape, everyone knows why people may not speak-out straight away when it comes to rape.
jp761

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:15 pm

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't think he's as bad as all that but he really is being a tosser in that thread. The blame does not rest on the groped and assaulted young actresses who feared a powerful mogul who seemed pretty untouchable (despite his reputation and repeated complaints to the police nothing happened) and the abuse, mockery and ruined career that often comes with speaking out. You don't have to look far to find the attitudes of "they knew what they were getting into" "they are lying" and "they just want money" after all. Despite what certain people often say, women are not automatically believed or sympathised with.

Numbertwat has form for comments like that though, I'm sure he said much the same re the accusations towards Trump; then again he's a bit of a Trump fan as i remember, you can see why he'd say that. You get the impression that he doesn't really like women very much the way he goes on.

Still, it didn't take him long to accuse other posters of not reading properly, or that he didn't mean what he wrote in the way he wrote it. Shot down by Francie, Whedonite, Scottie 2121, Whatname and Stoatie, then failing miserably in his attempts at disclaiming his previous remarks.

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'd ban his ass just for being him and as offensive has his opinion on that thread is I didn't see anything jail worthy.

What you do Jippy?
Haha funny.

Someone is having a good cry right now that's what I did.

You're the one in jail.
It's often not about guilt on DS! That's been proven time and time again, by many a poster.
jp761

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:22 pm

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'd ban his ass just for being him and as offensive has his opinion on that thread is I didn't see anything jail worthy.

What you do Jippy?
Haha funny.

You're the one in jail.
It's often not about guilt on DS! That's been proven time and time again, by many a poster.

What was it for?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Is that the first time EastEnders fan Broken_Arrow has been put in forum jail?

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Numbertwat has form for comments like that though, I'm sure he said much the same re the accusations towards Trump; then again he's a bit of a Trump fan as i remember, you can see why he'd say that. You get the impression that he doesn't really like women very much the way he goes on.

Still, it didn't take him long to accuse other posters of not reading properly, or that he didn't mean what he wrote in the way he wrote it. Shot down by Francie, Whedonite, Scottie 2121, Whatname and Stoatie, then failing miserably in his attempts at disclaiming his previous remarks.
Haha that crew. I haven't failed at anything. And I have no form of 'comments like that', whatever that means exactly. Some people just cannot adequately argue with the specifics of what I'm saying, it's fine though they can accuse me of whatever bullshit they want. Because this is what they tend to try.

Trump fan and me being some kind of misogynist, mannn you are so far off the truth. So funny.
jp761

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 pm

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:

With JP well among them. :slap: :slap:
Nah. I actually think many people don't have to bottle to post in certain types of thread, or just can't be bothered. In a way I don't blame them it's kinda not worth it. Certain subjects are owned by a few people and that's it. Anyone else they will immediately try to shutdown. It's bloody weird though.

Has anyone tried to shut you down? If so :link:

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Oh and Whedonite agreed with me generally speaking. She's an impartial poster, at least one showed up in that thread. Haha.
jp761

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I hear on the grapevine the BBC aren't happy that people on the soap forum suggested John Yorke was some big homophobic. I never saw the comments myself but I wonder if DS have been forced to ban those who said it?

Edward Skylover said so in his "EE: Sack John Yorke now" thread more than once. AAron Silver more or less agreed with him, though not being quite so explicit, and I think they repeated those comments in other threads. ES's thread was closed and posters told not to make idiotic comments. However, no-one seemed to be punished as far as I noticed, and Support made absolutely no mention of the defamatory comments made. I wonder if that's because ES and AS are gay themselves, and thus were given more leeway in what they said?

I've said it before and I'll repeat it; I hope the BBC take action against these posters and sue the shite out of them for defamation of character (or the equivalent in England); it will serve them right.

Still on the topic which started things off, the apparent sacking of Ben Mitchell, some incredibly immature people have sent a petition to the BBC demanding the decision is reversed - how utterly pathetic.

The BBC are not going to sack John Yorke for being radical when that was probably the key reason they hired him!
Those posters on the soap forum sound very foolish!

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:29 pm

I often find it annoying when people stay quiet for so long, although it is understandable if someone was raped. But if someone receives inappropriate unwanted touches/gropes, they should speak-out straight away. People like Weinstein say it is what they are used to, there is an audio clip of him saying exactly this, I think it's fair to say this is because some women have let people like him get used to it, by not saying anything. Attitudes such as ahhh it's just Weinstein, it's just him, wont do anyone any favours. I'd bet that some females did have that kind of attitude at one point. Like I say, it's not the way to go.

Looks like victims blaming to me. Or haven't I read it properly?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:33 pm

jp761 wrote:Oh and Whedonite agreed with me generally speaking. She's an impartial poster, at least one showed up in that thread. Haha.

You're starting to play the victim now.

Postby Doomlord2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:

What you do Jippy?
Haha funny.

You're the one in jail.

A good news story.
I can't see why a person who sends creepy PM's has been jailed for their input on a thread about sex pests.
Doomlord2

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive