Re: Random Stuff Part Eighteen

Big Threads

Postby jp761 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Vicky wrote:"I'm fae Glasgow"

He must have left when he was a baby, seeing as he's got an English accent.

Whit a tube.

Even someone from the Margate posse can't beat the taser!! :mrgreen: But this man can... With the help of lost of drugs no doubt... Wouldn't surprise me if he had a heart attack later, though.

jp761

Postby jp761 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Black Friday...

NOT....

No bargains I like, so far. Anyone grabbed themselves a bargain? Bloody gimmick most of it.
jp761

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:21 pm

jp761 wrote:Black Friday...

NOT....

No bargains I like, so far. Anyone grabbed themselves a bargain? Bloody gimmick most of it.

I've looked on Amazon for a new tablet, but I didn't see any that have been reduced.

Most of the stuff that's been reduced is no use to me.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:21 pm

jp761 wrote:

Whit a tube.

Even someone from the Margate posse can't beat the taser!! :mrgreen: But this man can... With the help of lost of drugs no doubt... Wouldn't surprise me if he had a heart attack later, though.

Aye it's strange it didn't stun him, maybe he was wearing some kind of protective vest?

Years there was a gangster in Glasgow, who was involved in the Feud between the Lyons and Daniels families, he was evil personified.

He always wore a bullet vest, so when he was ambushed, they shot him more than a dozen times in the head.
Vicky

Postby jp761 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Vicky wrote:
jp761 wrote:

Whit a tube.

Aye it's strange it didn't stun him, maybe he was wearing some kind of protective vest?

Years there was a gangster in Glasgow, who was involved in the Feud between the Lyons and Daniels families, he was evil personified.

He always wore a bullet vest, so when he was ambushed, they shot him more than a dozen times in the head.
Possible. Or maybe on occasions someone is somewhat immune, when it comes to electric shocks. In the past, I've seen people on those Guinness Book of Records shows, who could take powerful electric charges and remain on their feet.
jp761

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 pm

jp761 wrote:vest?

Possible. Or maybe on occasions someone is somewhat immune, when it comes to electric shocks. In the past, I've seen people on those Guinness Book of Records shows, who could take powerful electric charges and remain on their feet.

My science teacher gave the class electric shocks to teach us about electricity.

Told us all to hold hands and then flicked a switch, i wasn't very amused.
Vicky

Postby jp761 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Fuck Sake.. some nice chat going on, around here today.

And some cunt/s are at it in Oxford Circus. Breaking news. :shake head:
jp761

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:43 pm

jp761 wrote:Fuck Sake.. some nice chat going on, around here today.

I started a thread about it in the News Section JP.

Gunshots heard.
Vicky

Postby jp761 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Vicky wrote:

Gunshots heard.
Ah ok. :) I just heard it on the news, now on the news Police can't find any evidence of shots fired, so far. Hopefully it's some kind of false alarm.
jp761

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 pm

jp761 wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Gunshots heard.
Ah ok. :) I just heard it on the news, now on the news Police can't find any evidence of shots fired, so far. Hopefully it's some kind of false alarm.

Hopefully it is a false alarm, it must be awfy scary to get gut up in something like that though.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Vicky

Postby Nucks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Vicky wrote:Image

Lots of those I agree with, being from over there.

I’ve been never heard anyone here refer to a pepper as capsicum, I think that’s its scientific name or something, right?

Chips v french fries... sort of. If you got to a place that serves fish and chips, they’re usually thick-cut and still called chips. Fries are what you get at McDonald’s.

Minced beef is often referred to as hamburger.

Porridge is porridge. Some people call it oatmeal but everyone would know what you meant if you said porridge.

Puddings & dessert ... we have pudding also but it’s a specific kind of dessert. The consistency is like custard, popular flavours are chocolate, butterscotch, banana, and tapioca.

One that I’ve remembered also is cottage pie. Over there it’s called shepherds pie even if it’s made with beef. Lamb mince is not very popular at all.

What you guys might called potatoes dauphinois or au gratin I would call scalloped potatoes.

Scones are sometimes called biscuits, so,if you’ve heard of biscuits and gravy they’re not putting gravy on custard cremes or anything. :gigglesnshit:

You guys have single and double cream, we have half & half and whipping cream, although they’re not exactly like for like it’s the closest I can think of. We don’t have clotted cream at all, although I wish we did, it’s lovely. :wubbers:
Nucks

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Vicky wrote:Image

Lots of those I agree with, being from over there.

I’ve been never heard anyone here refer to a pepper as capsicum, I think that’s its scientific name or something, right?

Chips v french fries... sort of. If you got to a place that serves fish and chips, they’re usually thick-cut and still called chips. Fries are what you get at McDonald’s.

Minced beef is often referred to as hamburger.

Porridge is porridge. Some people call it oatmeal but everyone would know what you meant if you said porridge.

Puddings & dessert ... we have pudding also but it’s a specific kind of dessert. The consistency is like custard, popular flavours are chocolate, butterscotch, banana, and tapioca.

One that I’ve remembered also is cottage pie. Over there it’s called shepherds pie even if it’s made with beef. Lamb mince is not very popular at all.

What you guys might called potatoes dauphinois or au gratin I would call scalloped potatoes.

Scones are sometimes called biscuits, so,if you’ve heard of biscuits and gravy they’re not putting gravy on custard cremes or anything. :gigglesnshit:

You guys have single and double cream, we have half & half and whipping cream, although they’re not exactly like for like it’s the closest I can think of. We don’t have clotted cream at all, although I wish we did, it’s lovely. :wubbers:

Then just to confuse matters, various parts of Britain have their own words for things.

I would say "I would like my pieces in a poke" whereas someone English might say "I would like my sandwiches in a bag"

Another one is soda, i think that's what it's called in America.

I say ginger, most English people say pop.

:laughing:
Vicky

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Stooo wrote:I got back on the M5 this afternoon at around three thirty, got up to seventy and watched a stone plunge down on my windscreen. It's a star crack that has spread to the bottom of the glass.

It was pretty random.

That M5 is one fuck of a motorway it goes on forever and at the end there is fuck all.

Exeter isn't that bad... :ooer:

It is, I got stuck there at 4 in the morning after driving down from Hertfordshire overnight and had to take a 45 minute break. I had no sat nav and the battery on the phone had run out so I couldn't even use google maps and I had very little fuel left to get back to the motorway let alone Essex.

After my break, I tried to get out of the fucking place for over an hour and kept ending up back where I started mainly due to using a map book which took me to roads I couldn't go down.

I still shiver at the thought of the whole fucking pantomime, like eventually finding a garage that was open 24 hrs with just fumes in the tank, only to find it didn't take our 'Key Fuels' card, it was all a nightmare from start to finish. This is how bad it was, I somehow found myself in Okehampton, miles in the opposite direction of where I wanted to go, the only good thing was I found a garage open which took our card.

By the time I got back to my depot I was absolutely shattered and ended up going 50 minutes over the 15 hour maximum daily drive time all coz of that cunting town with no 24 hour garages.

Top it all off, there had been a bad accident which closed the QE2 bridge and it took me over 4 hours to get home on a journey normally taking 20 minutes. It was one of, if not the worst driving day of my entire life and I blame it all on fucking Exeter!

No satnav and no charger, it's clearly Exeter's fault. I did a route in Exeter for around four months last year using the Exeter A-Z because satnav doesn't work in my head for town routes. Exeter's fault that you can't read a map as well? :again?:

How the fuck did you end up in Oakhampton? All of the road signs on the A30 have a clue such as Cornwall written on them. :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:20 pm

jp761 wrote:Black Friday...

NOT....

:srs?:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive