Re: Random Stuff Part Eighteen

Big Threads

Postby Vicky » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:07 pm

dis wrote:
Vicks wrote:I've nearly finished the picture I've been stitching and I've ran out of blue thread.

It seems this is always happening!!

I shall now have to search for a thread that matches or buy another kit!!

What is the picture of Vicky? My granny was a seamstress and she did the most beautiful embroidery when she was able. She sewed a lot of pictures when she stopped working. She always had a thimble and a lump of waxy stuff on the table beside her seat.

Cross stitch Dis and very apt in our house.

My dad's eldest sister was a seamstress as well but it left her with terrible arthritis.

His other sister was the one who showed me how to cross stitch.

It's a cracking hobby, nice and relaxing.
Vicky

Postby dis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Vicks wrote:Image

I managed to finish my picture.

Braw and very true. :wubbers:
dis

Postby dis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Vicks wrote:
dis wrote:
Vicks wrote:I've nearly finished the picture I've been stitching and I've ran out of blue thread.

What is the picture of Vicky? My granny was a seamstress and she did the most beautiful embroidery when she was able. She sewed a lot of pictures when she stopped working. She always had a thimble and a lump of waxy stuff on the table beside her seat.

My dad's eldest sister was a seamstress as well but it left her with terrible arthritis.

My granny showed me, it’s been years since I did it. I’ve been trying to learn how to crochet but it’s making me crabbit more than relaxed.
dis

Postby Vicky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:07 am

dis wrote:
Vicks wrote:
dis wrote:

My granny showed me, it’s been years since I did it. I’ve been trying to learn how to crochet but it’s making me crabbit more than relaxed.

I know what you mean Dis.

I bought a crochet hook, loads of wool and a book of crochet patterns and i just can't get the hang of it.
Vicky

Postby Text » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm

jp761 wrote:
Vicks wrote:Image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5246079/Mother-lifts-child-hair-kicks-video.html

Why the fuck did the person filming that, not get up and smack the twisted bitch in the face?
:shake head: Disgusting, that barely even covers it.

What chickenshit was filming that, I wonder. Even if as a stranger you just happen to see something like that going on, you wouldn't keep schtum.

NO WAY will I click on that vid if it's as bad as people say it is. :shake head:
A similar vid on page 9 distressed me totally and I said so ATT. I was also stunned that so few posters expressed disgust at it, back then. :-|
Only a couple of people commented.
Text

Postby Gabby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

I’m with TJ... i’m gone too... too many self absorbed shit stirrers and trolls ruining this place now.. the fun factor has gone! :shake head:
Gabby

Postby Star » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Poca wrote:I’m with TJ... i’m gone too... too many self absorbed shit stirrers and trolls ruining this place now.. the fun factor has gone! :shake head:

Rise above them Poca :thumbsup:
Star

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Poca wrote:I’m with TJ... i’m gone too... too many self absorbed shit stirrers and trolls ruining this place now.. the fun factor has gone! :shake head:

Yeah Pocs .....no point hanging around, I've made 5 posts since she RCP'd that thread and they've all been 'disappeared' ..... this will be the 6th I'm guessing.

A Stalinist Forum, would you credit it? :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dean » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Trapper John wrote:

Yeah Pocs .....no point hanging around, I've made 5 posts since she RCP'd that thread and they've all been 'disappeared' ..... this will be the 6th I'm guessing.

Your posts are being deleted?
Dean

Postby jp761 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Bloody hell you're going. Someone who almost always, behaves in a decent manner. Someone who doesn't go on the wind up, just for kicks! Someone who would rather the place be more constructive and fun, and not full of relentless non-stop bickering and shit-stirring.

Yep we are doomed. Haha.

:more beer:
jp761

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... e-14146324

Police were called to Monton Green Primary in Salford on Wednesday afternoon after pupils told teachers they had seen a man with a weapon on a footpath next to the school during playtime.
Headteacher Gillian Mason said some children ‘unwittingly’ scared others as they were ushered inside.

A dinner lady then mentioned the Dunblane massacre – the deadliest mass shooting in British history - she added, ‘in an attempt to make the children understand the reasons for the emergency procedures’.

Fancy mentioning a school shooting to a bunch of kids during the emergency lockdown. :gigglesnshit:

My sons school practice their lockdown routine a few times a year. They pass it off as “making a film for the year 6’s”. According to my nipper, last time they did it they had to run into their classroom and hide behind Japan (the table, his group is Asia), and stay very very quiet.
I sways thought it was a bit odd, and it made me feel a bit sick the first time I heard they do it. But reading this I realise it’s a good thing. Should they really have to do a lock down, the kids won’t be scared and unsure.
NastyNickers

Postby Dean » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 pm

With Measurer modding again (welcome back btw) can one assume that Vicks is taking a break for a while?

Also, any chance of unlocking the football thread please...
Dean

Postby Keyser » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm

You should stay Poca - you are a really fun poster! :thumbsup:

Or maybe just take a break? :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:29 am

Dean wrote:With Measurer modding again (welcome back btw) can one assume that Vicks is taking a break for a while?

Also, any chance of unlocking the football thread please...

You would love me to take a break.

Well bad luck, cause I'm going nowhere.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 am

Trapper John wrote:

I deleted two of your posts after they were reported.

Are you capable of telling the truth?
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive