Re: Random Stuff Part Eighteen

Big Threads

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:32 am

dis wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Not a good end to the week or start to the weekend. :shake head:

On Thursday my daughter's OH dad died from the brain tumours he was diagnosed with just last August. Poor bloke was trying to book up a holiday to Cyprus for them all only last Monday. Daughter said it was so sad seeing him do that.

Then just an hour ago my step daughter called me in tears to tell me her dad had died in the early hours of this morning, again from cancer, this time lung cancer that had spread all over his body. He wasn't diagnosed long ago either, September I think, after going to the doctors complaining about a cough that he couldn't shift and pains in his lower back.

What a dismal day all round.

Aw, that's awful TJ, hard time ahead for your family. Cancer is a bastard.

Sure is Dis
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks everyone but I didn't know his dad all that well and my stepdaughter's dad I hadn't seen for years up until my ex wifes funeral a few years back then not since.

Feel sad for the girls though, thats mum and dad to cancer for my stepdaughter in the space of a couple of years. Also the grand children are old enough to understand a bit now too.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 pm

#ReleaseTheMemo

:popcorn:
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Trapper John wrote:Thanks everyone but I didn't know his dad all that well and my stepdaughter's dad I hadn't seen for years up until my ex wifes funeral a few years back then not since.

Feel sad for the girls though, thats mum and dad to cancer for my stepdaughter in the space of a couple of years. Also the grand children are old enough to understand a bit now too.

Condolences to you and the family TJ.

Kids Mum had breast cancer last year and had a mastectomy. Uncle also died young from it. It is a nasty indiscriminate disease that I hope they manage to find a cure for one day.
Fletch

Postby dis » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:23 pm

I fell on my arse today, or should I say I was taken down. :woteva: :bawlin: It's the first time I've taken my dog out that side of the house - it's like an ice rink just now, all the paths and roads are frozen. She was going doolally, diving about in the snow beside the path. I had her in one hand and her bag of crap I have to take with her when she goes out in the other, she started pulling and jumping in the snow and I was sliding along screeching and laughing but it was because I knew I was going down. Thankfully I landed on snow, not ice but I had a huge long knitted black woolly coat on which was covered in clumps of frozen snow, I looked like a right arse. It's actually cheered me up no end.
dis

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:15 pm

dis wrote:I fell on my arse today, or should I say I was taken down. :woteva: :bawlin: It's the first time I've taken my dog out that side of the house - it's like an ice rink just now, all the paths and roads are frozen. She was going doolally, diving about in the snow beside the path. I had her in one hand and her bag of crap I have to take with her when she goes out in the other, she started pulling and jumping in the snow and I was sliding along screeching and laughing but it was because I knew I was going down. Thankfully I landed on snow, not ice but I had a huge long knitted black woolly coat on which was covered in clumps of frozen snow, I looked like a right arse. It's actually cheered me up no end.

I fell on my arse last night. I went to sit down on my computer chair but the cat had swivelled it a bit and my coccyx went straight down on one of the arm supports. I think that the shock travelled up my spine because I came to a couple of hours later under the table. :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Stooo wrote:
dis wrote:I fell on my arse today, or should I say I was taken down. :woteva: :bawlin: It's the first time I've taken my dog out that side of the house - it's like an ice rink just now, all the paths and roads are frozen. She was going doolally, diving about in the snow beside the path. I had her in one hand and her bag of crap I have to take with her when she goes out in the other, she started pulling and jumping in the snow and I was sliding along screeching and laughing but it was because I knew I was going down. Thankfully I landed on snow, not ice but I had a huge long knitted black woolly coat on which was covered in clumps of frozen snow, I looked like a right arse. It's actually cheered me up no end.

I fell on my arse last night. I went to sit down on my computer chair but the cat had swivelled it a bit and my coccyx went straight down on one of the arm supports. I think that the shock travelled up my spine because I came to a couple of hours later under the table. :shake head:

OMG! Feleling it for both of you. I slid and did my shoulder in, and Stooo? I went to sit down, exhausted on the Tube, what I did was fail to look. Yep, hard down onto the solid armrest. I couldn't sit for months!!

And Dis? It was my dog's fault, I'm sure she plays sweet but is a secret assasin sent for me. U have no idea the amount of accidents I have had since I got her!
measurer

Postby dis » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Stooo wrote:

Bloody hell Stooo, that sounds bad. Whoda thunk animals could cause so many injuries.

You should go to see about that. You must have got concussion or something, somehow, shot from your assbone to your heid. :yikes:

Seriously, you should really.
dis

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:28 pm

dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Bloody hell Stooo, that sounds bad. Whoda thunk animals could cause so many injuries.

You should go to see about that. You must have got concussion or something, somehow, shot from your assbone to your heid. :yikes:

The only person that I'm thinking of seeing is the vet, I guess that since I had his balls cut off he thinks that he's got nothing else to lose! :shoot:

I did sleep until half three this afternoon and my arse is sore if I cough or climb the stairs but my back feels ok and no headaches.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dis » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:38 pm

measurer wrote:
Stooo wrote:

OMG! Feleling it for both of you. I slid and did my shoulder in, and Stooo? I went to sit down, exhausted on the Tube, what I did was fail to look. Yep, hard down onto the solid armrest. I couldn't sit for months!!

And Dis? It was my dog's fault, I'm sure she plays sweet but is a secret assasin sent for me. U have no idea the amount of accidents I have had since I got her!

Aye, I think might must be the same breed, Angelic looking ninja thug.
dis

Postby dis » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Stooo wrote:
dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

The only person that I'm thinking of seeing is the vet, I guess that since I had his balls cut off he thinks that he's got nothing else to lose! :shoot:

I did sleep until half three this afternoon and my arse is sore if I cough or climb the stairs but my back feels ok and no headaches.

Ah, you must have bumcussion, that'll be what you get for wheaching his balls of he says. :mrgreen:
dis

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:46 pm

dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:
dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ah, you must have bumcussion, that'll be what you get for wheaching his balls of he says. :mrgreen:

'bumcussion' 10/10 :pmsl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Frankly » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 pm

dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:
dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

:mrgreen: That made me laugh.

A lovely story here I've just read

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rocks.html
Frankly

Postby dis » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Frankly wrote:
:mrgreen: That made me laugh.

A lovely story here I've just read

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rocks.html

Aw, it's poor wee face. It looked quite smug in the end, but I wonder where it's mum was :bawlin:
dis

Postby Star » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:04 pm

dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

If my dog see a cat lying in wait under car. She bloody lunges, it’s a wonder my arms are still in their sockets :roll:
You feel such a bloody prat :laughing:
Star

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive