Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 am

I thought you had gone on a wee holiday dear, did they not let you in?

The swines!!
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am

VR6storm wrote:Good result for your guys last night Vicki....... must have warmed the cockles of your heart........ :thumbsup:

In was great Stormy!!

In order, these are the teams I love Rangers to beat.

1..Celtic
2..Aberdeen
3..Dundee United
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

This penalty business has me intrigued, so having a bit more time I went over the stats in more detail, firstly to confirm my original findings then to expand out from my original concentration on Manchester City. There was no miscalculation in their stats but I made some with Chelsea, mainly because they weren't the focus of my attention.

Anyways, below are the definitive results, checked and double checked, they are no less astounding and in many ways far more remarkable and revealing than my limited first efforts.

The traditional top six clubs: First figure is penalties won, second figure is penalties against, the third is obvious. These are taken from my original timespan of season 2010/11 upto the present day with this season's included. They are listed in order of penalties won but you'll see that penalties against is just as telling.

Manchester City 58 - 19 = +39
Liverpool 49 - 31 = +18
Chelsea 45 - 21 = +24
Manchester United 41 - 24 = +17
Spurs 37 - 26 = +11
Arsenal 28 - 43 = -15

So as you can see from the above, Manchester City's record of 'for & against' penalty awards is still just as astounding but even I hadn't realised just how equally astounding - in a negative way - Arsenal's 'for & against' record is.

Like I said before, it isn't any wonder that Arsenal have not won a league title for so long. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:32 am

Vicky wrote:I thought you had gone on a wee holiday dear, did they not let you in?

The swines!!

No just out late, the same today as well but I'm still coming on here to post when I should be getting ready FFS! :grrrrr:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:42 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:I thought you had gone on a wee holiday dear, did they not let you in?

The swines!!

No just out late, the same today as well but I'm still coming on here to post when I should be getting ready FFS! :grrrrr:

Well stop posting and get ready!!

Especially if someone is picking you up TJ, nobody likes to be kept hanging aboot!!
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:04 am

Trapper John wrote:This penalty business has me intrigued, so having a bit more time I went over the stats in more detail, firstly to confirm my original findings then to expand out from my original concentration on Manchester City. There was no miscalculation in their stats but I made some with Chelsea, mainly because they weren't the focus of my attention.

Anyways, below are the definitive results, checked and double checked, they are no less astounding and in many ways far more remarkable and revealing than my limited first efforts.

The traditional top six clubs: First figure is penalties won, second figure is penalties against, the third is obvious. These are taken from my original timespan of season 2010/11 upto the present day with this season's included. They are listed in order of penalties won but you'll see that penalties against is just as telling.

Manchester City 58 - 19 = +39
Liverpool 49 - 31 = +18
Chelsea 45 - 21 = +24
Manchester United 41 - 24 = +17
Spurs 37 - 26 = +11
Arsenal 28 - 43 = -15

So as you can see from the above, Manchester City's record of 'for & against' penalty awards is still just as astounding but even I hadn't realised just how equally astounding - in a negative way - Arsenal's 'for & against' record is.

Like I said before, it isn't any wonder that Arsenal have not won a league title for so long. :shake head:

Just to extrapolate the above a bit further and accepting it's not a wholly accurate exercise but at the same time not wildly inaccurate either.

Imagine if all those '+ penalty award' games resulted in a victory and 3 pts. It would mean the following:

Manchester City + 117 points
Chelsea + 72 points
Liverpool + 54 points
Manchester United + 51 points
Spurs + 33 points
Arsenal - 45 points

Taking it to it's obvious conclusion, Premier league winners in the same time period: Manchester Untied 2 - Manchester City 2 - Chelsea 2

The only club to win other than the above three were of course Leicester and I've already stated that in their season they had 13 penalty awards, 5 more than anyone else and only 4 against giving a + total of 27 points.

So there is a certainly a more than coincidental correlation between penalty awards and title victories.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:07 am

Trapper John wrote:

The swines!!

No one is picking me up but they are waiting for me. :mrgreen:

Yep I better skidaddle. :Hiya:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:Rooney s goal was from his own half, closer to 60 yards... and it wasn’t a punt, it was a well controlled and executed finish...

OK, it took me by surprise so I didn't have my tape measure out. I meant it was a punt as in a 'gamble/ chance' not a 'toe punt.'

I would have thought a seasoned football fan as yourself would know that the half way line is longer than 40 yards...

Of course :roll: I knew there was this shot coming up as it was mentioned on the stream I watched the Arsenal game on before it went offline, it didn't say when it happened.

Like I said I fast forwarded MotD on triple speed and yeah I saw the shot, it registered that it was from a long way out and I was also looking at where Hart was also ....... anyways that game didn't interest me much and no self respecting gooner is going to examine in forensic detail a Wayne Rooney goal. Quite simply I just didn't note where he was and thought about it even less when hastily typing the retrospective post.

So there you go, nothing odd or sinister at all. :thumbsup:

We expect your match reports to be precise on here... :snooty:
Dean

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

The swines!!

No one is picking me up but they are waiting for me. :mrgreen:

Yep I better skidaddle. :Hiya:

Have a nice day TJ.

Vicky

Postby Dean » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:22 pm

The World Cup draw is on BBC2 now for anyone interested...
Dean

Postby Dean » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Belgium first team we will play in the groups...
Dean

Postby Dean » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:51 pm

England
Belgium
Tunisia

One more to go...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Dean wrote:England
Belgium
Tunisia

One more to go...

That was a bit early to fall off your chair pissed ....... nevermind, i'll finish up for you - "and it's Panama!"
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:32 am

I wonder how much money exchanged hands to give the sassenachs that draw?

We can now look forward to months of Gary Lineker and co, telling us that England will win the tournament.

They told us that the last time and England didn't even make it out the group stages.

One point out of a possible nine, how embarrassing.

Still it gave us a good laugh.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 am

Oh and it shall be amusing watching the ard nuts from England getting their arses skelpt, when they try the "Don't mess with us, we're from England" against the Russians.

The English couldnae win a fight in a nursery, but they all think, their fucking invincible.

:header:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive