Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:10 am

Oh and TJ. :wubbers:

Everyone is putting up Christmas avatars (I'm waiting until after i've celebrated the Patron Saint of my Country)

Anyway here's one for you..

Very nice.

(You might need to resize it)

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:12 am

As i mentioned earlier in the thread, you can also buy Arsenal Christmas dog jumpers..

(Includes a donation to charity)

Here's Atom and Humber Sanchez modelling them.

:wubbers:
Vicky

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 am

SPL action tonight.

Rangers v Aberdeen

I mentioned my disdain for the Dons yesterday and having lost our last two games in the SPL, i'm rather nervous about tonight.

We have good news and bad news..

The good news is Big Bruno is back, the bad news is Big Fredo is out after he collided with a goalpost.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:49 am

Arsenal are playing Huddersfield tonight.

It's the first league game between the two teams since 1971 and you have to go back to 1954 to find the last time, Hudders won at Arsenal's ground.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:52 am

Rino Gattuso has been named as AC Milan's new manager.

Cracking player wee Rino and he's done well at the last two clubs he's managed, despite a lack of money.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:55 am

191197-bells-premier-division-celtic-v-rangers-1-1-celtic-park-glasgow-BJF3W5.jpg

Rino being stopped from going to punch a Celtic player.

:wubbers:
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 am

As for spurs game last night against Leicester...spurs are the only top 6 side never awarded a penalty this season... defender stretches for the ball, doesn't make any contact with it but instead kicks makes contact with Rose's leg and impedes the shot! Pen for me all day long! But fuk it wasn't to be this season so hope we can win the CL at least.
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:04 pm

you know what sweet

you're sounding a weeny bit like old arsey Winger
:gigglesnshit:

sorry babe

the gooners are in for a real game tonite imo

and more important, the Glory Whites are back winning again :yess:
Mark

Postby Trapper John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Vicky wrote:Oh and TJ. :wubbers:

Everyone is putting up Christmas avatars (I'm waiting until after i've celebrated the Patron Saint of my Country)

Anyway here's one for you..

Very nice.

(You might need to resize it)

I have one already, I was waitng for a more opportune moment a bit closer to the day. Having said that, yours is so nice I think I might take it on the week before but if the Gunners stay on this run, maybe even earlier. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Anyway, just logged in because like on Sunday, those wankers at BT Sport are showing Everton v West Ham for fuck sake. It's all a bit of a palaver finding a decent stream these days, currently I'm having use a USA VPN to find one which doesn't freeze every few seconds or cut out 10 minutes into the game.

Why can't SKY and BT show games at the same time? it's fucking ridiculous.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Mark wrote:you know what sweet

you're sounding a weeny bit like old arsey Winger
:gigglesnshit:

sorry babe

the gooners are in for a real game tonite imo

and more important, the Glory Whites are back winning again :yess:

Can't be much tougher than the game against Burnley mate, hardest game so far this season, without a doubt.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Sunny wrote:As for spurs game last night against Leicester...spurs are the only top 6 side never awarded a penalty this season... defender stretches for the ball, doesn't make any contact with it but instead kicks makes contact with Rose's leg and impedes the shot! Pen for me all day long! But fuk it wasn't to be this season so hope we can win the CL at least.

When refs are allowed to use drones they might spot that. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Anyway, better get off.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Not gonna be around for a few days so better get my report on the midweek games down now because I know how disappointed the viewers will be if I don't.

Do I need to mention yesterday's games? ...... A quick reprise then.

Billed as a derby game, Brighton v Crystal Palace ended in a 0-0 draw. Marred by trouble outside the ground, blamed mostly on over zealous policing by the local plod. Watford v Manchester United almost ended in disaster for Mourinho, going in 3-0 up at half time it looked like game won. However Watford hit back with two goals in the last 15 minutes putting the shits up United, until the 86th minute when Lingard put the result beyond doubt. Final score 2-4.

It was a similar scene at WBA as they entertained Newcastle a goal either side of the half appeared to give WBA the honours but Newcastle came back with a goal of their own and one courtesy of West Brom's Jonny Evans, 2-2 the final score. Last but not least, Spurs vistied Leicester and it seems they still haven't recovered from the mauling they received in the North London derby. Two goals down at half time from title winning local heroes Vardy and Mahrez, Spurs struggled to make an impact. Kane pulled one back at 80 minutes but it was too little, too late as Leicester weren't about to let 3 points slip. The game ended 2-1.

I'll come back to do tonight's games coz I just noticed the time and I can skim through the MotD I recorded, so as to give a better rundown.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 am

I was not in the best frame of mind after it took me 10 minutes to find a decent stream then to find Arsenal were already a goal up and I'd missed it. My mood didn't improve either as the apparently scintillating goal and start to the game began to peter out in front of my eyes.

A goal up in 3 minutes and the Gunners thought it was "job done, lets get home and see if there's anything good on the box." We were shockingly apathetic and lackadaisical in every department for the rest of that first half and almost came a cropper several times. Luckily, we didn't but I had doubts whether Wenger had the balls to 'bawl them out' at half time for their shoddy performance.

My fears looked to be well founded as the first 5-10 minutes looked like more of the same but a couple of close shaves in our box seemed to wake them up from their malaise. Giroud had come on at half time due to an injury to goal scorer Lacazette and had a couple of near misses laid on by a rejuvinated Mesut Ozil. It was only a matter of time though before pair got their act together and Giroud scored the second goal, courtesy of a lovely assist from Ozil. For the next three minutes, the Gunners were on another planet and it was 4-0 in the blink of an eye after some breathtaking football from the team saw Ozil lay on the third for Sanchez and score the fourth himself.

Wenger made some changes with an eye on the Man Utd game Saturday with the introduction of Wellbeck and Wilshere. They were eager for a piece of the action and their constant forward pushing forced the balance of the starting eleven forward with them, resulting in another great Ozil pass to Kolnasiac who took it into the box, leaving it for Giroud to claim his second of the night and a 5-0 victory.

So thats 12 consecutive home wins in the Premier league which now puts us firmly in 4th spot and just in case my friend Sunny hasn't had a look, that's 4 points ahead of Spurs who languish in 7th place.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive