Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:19 am

A quick rundown of the rest. Everton's last game before fat Sam takes over saw them maul a woeful West Ham 4-0 at home, with wayne Rooney getting himself a hat-trick, the last being a 40 yard punt catching Joe Hart out of goal. There is just nothing positive to say about West Ham.

Chelsea scraped a 1-0 at home to lowly Swansea a measure of how desperate things were for them in that game, manager Antonio Conte was sent downstairs for contesting a 'corner kick' which didn't go their way. :gigglesnshit: so wasn't there to see them get the goal which gave them victory.

Stoke are furious with the officials after their home game with Liverpool, when several decisions which should have gone their way, didn't. Most notable of those was Liverpool keeper taking down their striker with a very rash late challenge. It was a straight red without question as he'd stopped an obvious goalscoring opportunity as well as being quite nasty. He got given a yellow, ludicrous. Liverpool should have been a keeper and a man down for 50 minutes with a 1-0 lead and Stoke rightly believe that would have changed the whole complexion of the game. It wasn't to be and it ended 0-3 to the lucky scousers.

Burnley ended the night happier than they did Sunday as they made the long trip down to the south coast and Bournemouth, coming away with 1-2 victory. Nothing better for fans making a 10-12 hour, 600 mile + round trip, than a good win under the belt.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 am

Rooney s goal was from his own half, closer to 60 yards... and it wasn’t a punt, it was a well controlled and executed finish...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:47 am

Oh! how could I forget Manchester City v Southampton :dunno:

I can't because they really are now the 'gift that keeps on giving' - Struggling against the recent strugglers, City found it hard to break through a solid Saint's defence and also had several scares as their post and crossbar were twanged by Southampton attacks. The half ended 0-0 as City drew a blank.

However two minutes into the second half, they score and at 1-0 they look to get another. It wasn't to be though as Southampton continued to make headway into the City box whenever they got the opportunity and it eventually paid off with 15 minutes to go, levelling the score at 1-1.

Jesus fucking christ says the ref to his assistants through his microphone, what the fuck am I going to do now? - not a lot because Southampton aren't given him any reason to give penalties or sending offs.

City continue to batter Southampton's final quarter but with little success and almost appear to be resigned to a 1-1 draw until for some inexplicable reason, apparently only known to me, the ref remembers the old faithful, 'Fergie Time' and adds a minimum of 6 Minutes to the end of the game, where that came from no-one knows.

Seeing this as a sign, City crack on with renewed vigour even as the 6 minute 'minimum' came upon them, then out of the blue Raheem Sterling takes a shot nothing and it finds the net, giving them a 2-1 victory. :roll:

The only question that went unanswered after that game was, 'how long was the ref going to let the game continue for before accepting City weren't going to score?' ..... my guess is about 9 minutes, any longer and at least someone other than me would have smelled a rat. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:50 am

Dean wrote:Rooney s goal was from his own half, closer to 60 yards... and it wasn’t a punt, it was a well controlled and executed finish...

OK, it took me by surprise so I didn't have my tape measure out. I meant it was a punt as in a 'gamble/ chance' not a 'toe punt.'
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 am

I better make sure I got my distances between Burnley and Bournemouth right now, incase I get pulled up on that. :roll:

Nah fuck it, I'm going to bed s'posed to be up early tomorrow.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:Oh and TJ. :wubbers:

Everyone is putting up Christmas avatars (I'm waiting until after i've celebrated the Patron Saint of my Country)

Anyway here's one for you..

Very nice.

(You might need to resize it)

I have one already, I was waitng for a more opportune moment a bit closer to the day. Having said that, yours is so nice I think I might take it on the week before but if the Gunners stay on this run, maybe even earlier. :thumbsup:

Aye good result for both our teams last night.

I'm glad you liked the avatar, it's very swish.

:sleigh:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:54 am

Sunny says: Spurs are the only top 6 side never awarded a penalty this season...

If I get caught fucking about on here when I should be getting ready to go out I'm for the mincer but I'm always prepared to lay my life on the line to help a friend with some advice. :thumbsup:

My advice to you Sunny is stop visiting those Spurs sites full of bitter, twisted and delusional fans looking for reasons to excuse your players and manager for your poor performances of late.

The comment highlighted above shows the accuracy of their rants leave as much to be desired as the rest of the crap you post on here after visiting those sites.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's no surprise that Man City already have three penalty awards and not much less that United and Liverpool have two apiece. Along with Spurs though is Chelsea who haven't got one either and we only got our first one on Sunday at Burnley, that being half our complete season total the season we came second to Leicester.

Don't worry you've averaged 6 a season for the last three so things will rectify that. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:12 am

Another telling stat regarding penalties is that neither of the Manchester sides have had any go against them either. As they sit 1st & 2nd in the league it shows that it makes as big a difference as being awarded them.

In fact, the only other teams not to have had penalties go against them are Bournemouth and Crystal Palace who have one apiece but none against and just to upset Spurs fans some more, Spurs and Swansea have no penalties for or against
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 am

Result from last night's SPL..

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 0

Rangers were fucking brilliant last night and they destroyed the Sheep.

Tavs scored a cracker in the 7th minute and Pena made it 2-0 before the break, Tavs made it 3-0 on the 70th minute and that was it, game over.

Last nights victory moves the Gers into 3rd place and as great as the result was, i can't help thinking about the fact, if we had beaten the Accies and Dundee, we would only be one point behind the scumbags at the top.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 am

Anyway..

Fuck you.

:dafinger:
Vicky

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:19 am

Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:Rooney s goal was from his own half, closer to 60 yards... and it wasn’t a punt, it was a well controlled and executed finish...

OK, it took me by surprise so I didn't have my tape measure out. I meant it was a punt as in a 'gamble/ chance' not a 'toe punt.'

I would have thought a seasoned football fan as yourself would know that the half way line is longer than 40 yards...
Dean

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Trapper John wrote:Anyway, just logged in because like on Sunday, those wankers at BT Sport are showing Everton v West Ham for fuck sake. It's all a bit of a palaver finding a decent stream these days, currently I'm having use a USA VPN to find one which doesn't freeze every few seconds or cut out 10 minutes into the game.

Why can't SKY and BT show games at the same time? it's fucking ridiculous.

I get most of my streams from reddit these days. they appear an hour or so before ko.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

I use acestream player, as it gives very sharp pics, but there's usually plenty of browser streams as well. Even when there's no English commentary, you can always find something foreign there - I watched last night's game in Russian.
Red Okktober

Postby VR6storm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Good result for your guys last night Vicki....... must have warmed the cockles of your heart........ :thumbsup:
VR6storm

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:02 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Anyway, just logged in because like on Sunday, those wankers at BT Sport are showing Everton v West Ham for fuck sake. It's all a bit of a palaver finding a decent stream these days, currently I'm having use a USA VPN to find one which doesn't freeze every few seconds or cut out 10 minutes into the game.

Why can't SKY and BT show games at the same time? it's fucking ridiculous.

I get most of my streams from reddit these days. they appear an hour or so before ko.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

I use acestream player, as it gives very sharp pics, but there's usually plenty of browser streams as well. Even when there's no English commentary, you can always find something foreign there - I watched last night's game in Russian.

Yeah, I used to use acestream player with Sopcast and mostly got Russian feeds but excellent picture and speeds. But alas they started to cane them hard a few years back and now the feeds only last for 5 minutes at best before they go offline.

I might go down the reddit route next time though, always willing to give new things a try and I've still got my ace player loaded though it might need some updating. Cheers for that. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:25 am

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I would have thought a seasoned football fan as yourself would know that the half way line is longer than 40 yards...

Of course :roll: I knew there was this shot coming up as it was mentioned on the stream I watched the Arsenal game on before it went offline, it didn't say when it happened.

Like I said I fast forwarded MotD on triple speed and yeah I saw the shot, it registered that it was from a long way out and I was also looking at where Hart was also ....... anyways that game didn't interest me much and no self respecting gooner is going to examine in forensic detail a Wayne Rooney goal. Quite simply I just didn't note where he was and thought about it even less when hastily typing the retrospective post.

So there you go, nothing odd or sinister at all. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive