DS and DTV Part 72

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 72

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:58 pm

I've seen this thread far more toxic in the past (especially when Dox was here). I think Deans return stirred up some old hostilities thats all.

The Vam/canny and Dean/jp feuds are a bit boring though. Just an endless "you're a twat" "no, you're a twat" session that makes no one look good.

Postby History Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Vicky wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:You know what I reckon the biggest issue is here at the minute, all these pretendy mods. “Vicky said...” “Holly said...” “Stooo said...”

Which is not done with good intentions. But is used as another boot to stick in whenever you fancy.

The mods do us all a favour on here. Members and guests alike. It’s no wonder Vicky is getting fucked off between the constant abuse from BlackpoolBastard and then being dragged into all the bitching when she’s got fuck all to do with it.

That's spot on.

The forum was just fine a month or so ago, but now it's back to the way it was years ago.

It's the influx of guests a few weeks ago from some horrible chav board that's upset all the teacups. In many ways this is comparable to the influx of the mysterious "Sea Peoples" who brought about the collapse of civilisations in the late Bronze Age. And in many ways it isn't.
History Guest

Re: DS and DTV Part 71

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Oh and whilst I’m at it.

All these suggestions of who should be a mod are fucking obvious also. Lifting someone up whilst standing on someone else’s head.

And it’s fucking rude to suggest we need another mod anyway :snooty:

Nailed (again). Every word :thumbsup:

Gotta say certain....'Guests' :roll: ....have been particularly odious today.

Does anyone truly believe these snide shits give flying fuck about Vic/Holls/Stooo? I'm certainly understanding "weaponised" a bit better now.

You’re one of the worst on here for abusing others so stop the act. We see through it Vam. Your own words are there for all to read and there’s been plenty of fully fledged signed up members who’ve said it about you so it’s hardly just guests is it.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:01 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:What is abuse and what isn’t abuse? On this thread I’m more surprised when I don’t see abuse.

Seems to me some people acting all shocked or outraged are guilty of handing out more than their fair share of abuse too.

who is shocked and outraged?

things might be a bit less fraught if people just had the bollocks to say who they mean, rather than gettng all pissy without any substance

Someones ears must have been burning. Guilty consciences can do that.

You Hobbs. They mean you. Your little offended act with the mods doesn’t wash when you’re quite happy to do it yourself to others.

Postby Goodwife » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Vicky wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:Sometimes if my broadband is playing up I hop onto my neighbours

can you tell Vicky/Holly/Stooo or is it more general than that?

I'm using it right now, but I'd never thought about it before

It came to me a wee while ago that this person has had a go at me in the past

Some posts were approved to the Mod Forum, I just have to try and find them.

It could take a while though.

Just catching up. Its not the same one as the other week is it? Sure you said the location was the north west

Whoever it is, is a sad fuck and needs to get a life.

You seem to have had your own fair share of abuse on here and yet it seems like water off a ducks back to you. I’m not taking the piss but I’d have been fuming but you just breeze on past it with a nonchalant shrug and your dignity intact. I wish I could be a bit more like that to trolls or name calling but like many I tend to Bute back.

Serious suggestion but maybe they need to put someone like you as a mod as you don’t see too affected or bothered by abuse? It does sound a thankless task so kudos to those that do.

Bit of a different situation I think, not sure you can compare what I get to what Vicky gets, from the comments made I would be beyond fuming if I was getting that level of abuse

It is a thankless task to be a mod and the mods here are in general very laid back about most things. I don't read everythread but from what I can see and my own opinion is that Vicky has done absolutely nothing to derserve the abuse she is getting.

Whoever is targeting Vicky is using her open and honest nature against her and it is a scummy thing to do.
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Oh and whilst I’m at it.

All these suggestions of who should be a mod are fucking obvious also. Lifting someone up whilst standing on someone else’s head.

And it’s fucking rude to suggest we need another mod anyway :snooty:

Nailed (again). Every word :thumbsup:

Gotta say certain....'Guests' :roll: ....have been particularly odious today.

Does anyone truly believe these snide shits give flying fuck about Vic/Holls/Stooo? I'm certainly understanding "weaponised" a bit better now.

There's been a lot of it going on recently and not just from the guests.

I don't think it'll ever work anyway. I'd assume mods on any forum would be wise to it.

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Do you think we could lay off the talk of a new mod.

I've just disapproved some guest posts.

I'm not dead and when you read things like "I hope someone sticks a knife in your mother" or posts pictures of suicide victims and tell me to join them, or posts pictures of tortured animals and say that will be your dog next etc, most abuse pales into insignificance.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Goodwife » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Canary wrote:I looked for that post where a guest was saying was saying that a username had the same anonymity as an anon guest post (I can't find it now, damn!). But I'd like to say this:

Gimme strength! We've had this debate so many times. Seems this anonymity thing is even harder to explain than the offside rule. :roll: Yes usernames are anonymous - well in THEORY at least- but anonymity is a spectrum, it ain't all-or-nothing. You seriously saying that posting with the same name for literally years and years is exactly the same as popping in randomly to posts as 'guesty'' whilst proxied up to the eyeballs? You having a laugh! A username acts as a reference point to check a poster's posts (something that is often done with an insane degree of relish round here LMAO :wink: :wink: ). (Btw I haven't posted as an anon guest for 7 years - I might have mentioned that before, lol.)

To fletch, dean, vicky, goodwife and that nice guesty and all the other good people, have a great weekend. Off now! xxx :Hiya:

Thats the best way I have seen it explained.

Have a nice weekend too Canary :Hiya:
Goodwife

Postby Lambert » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Vicky wrote:Do you think we could lay off the talk of a new mod.

I'm not dead and when you read things like "I hope someone sticks a knife in your mother" or posts pictures of suicide victims and tell me to join them, or posts pictures of tortured animals and say that will be your dog next etc, most abuse pales into insignificance.

Fucking hell. If someone was doing that to me I'd get the police involved.
Lambert

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Well, whoever that is is f**ked in the head.

Postby Goodwife » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Speechless Vicky.

Whoever it is, is sick. I don't really know much about ips and what not but can you just ban where they have posted from so they can't do it anymore ?
Goodwife

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Guest wrote:

It was years ago.

I mentioned it because of all this talk of needing a mod, who could handle abuse.

Well i did/do because i'm still here.
Vicky

Postby Goodwife » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Guest wrote:

Exactly!

I think Lambert may be onto something.
Goodwife

Postby guest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Lambert wrote:

Fucking hell. If someone was doing that to me I'd get the police involved.

That's what I don't understand. Something like the above is more than trolling and as far as I know is illegal, surely?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:What is abuse and what isn’t abuse? On this thread I’m more surprised when I don’t see abuse.

Seems to me some people acting all shocked or outraged are guilty of handing out more than their fair share of abuse too.

who is shocked and outraged?

things might be a bit less fraught if people just had the bollocks to say who they mean, rather than gettng all pissy without any substance

Someones ears must have been burning. Guilty consciences can do that.

You Hobbs. They mean you. Your little offended act with the mods doesn’t wash when you’re quite happy to do it yourself to others.

you think online spats I've had compare to the stuff that Vicky has had done to her - or are you suggesting I do those things?

get a grip you halfwit - hiding behind a 'guest' post doesn't make you any less of a fool, you should bear that in mind
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive