Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV - Part 79

Postby jra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 am

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:they actually look lovely together

some people are looking through very bitter eyes though

Who is looking through bitter eyes? If you mean me the guest who just posted about the picture my comment was in defence of her after all the comments previously on this thread saying she was big. I never saw the picture of her that led to the comments saying shes a large woman. I was expecting someone much larger based on all the past comments here. You and measurer have the wrong end of the stick about my post. I couldnt give a fuck what either look like I only observed she was nowhere near as big as others suggested

I think the use of the word "prick" kind of detracted from that, and I see I'm not the only one to "have read it wrong".

I do think hes a prick. His username is long so its easier to put gdprick. Jason watkins became known as twatkins because some think hes a twat. Leicester hunk is called Leicester chump here because hes seen as a chump. A nickname for a poster has nothing to do with thinking a woman looks smaller than other posters previously suggested. Im allowed to think a posters a prick and still think his girlfriend is nowhere near as big as others have said she is :dunno:

White noise really to me. Don't let it bother you. :thumbsup:
jra

Postby jra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:23 am

measurer wrote:Maybe you should register ? Just a thought...

Fucking aye. You've got to love guests getting all arsey when they've been confused with other guests, like every guest comes with it's own IP address, address and postcode.
jra

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:29 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Guest wrote:The axing of Big Brother will be a big blow to digital spy forums as its one of their mad busiest forums when the show is running.
Another nail in their coffin?

Not so much these days. In days of old when they had 24 hour coverage available it was super busy. So much so that eviction nights were likely to crash the forum servers. It's not been like that for years. Doubt it will make much difference, channel 4 forum closing was the last big rush to DS, now there's all sorts of platforms for it.

Yes, as general interest in BB has declined, so has its prominence on DS. Many, many posters have lost interest in it, have been banned or don't want to post anymore because its just a rather nasty place nowadays, OK, it's always had an unpleasant aspect to it, but that's pretty much the defining factor now. There's very little actual discussion, what there is tends to be the same posters (and their new guises!) posting the same old stuff year in, year out. I think half of them must have their responses prepared long in advance, they wheel them out year after year with the HM names updated to the current series, but you can be guaranteed what certain posters are going to say before the programme starts.
As far as Reality TV shows go, I think X-Factor and Strictly Come Dancing are much more popular than BB, the end of BB won't have the effect on DS it might have done a few years ago.

I think you’ve summed it up quite well. The ‘in shows’ seem to be the likes of the Geordie Shores and Love Islands, and they have their audience on Twitter, where fans actually can interact with the ‘stars’. Big brother became some kind of half way monstrosity, it moved too close to the sex and filth of the shores and islands and lost a lot of its watchers, but it wasn’t good enough to attract a lot of the love island fan base. DS missed out on the fan base too.

Thanks, NN.

That's an interesting point you make about the "in shows". They do seem to promote a greater sense of immediacy and intimacy between participants and fans - although I'm not convinced it's genuine, I'd say it's designed to make the fans think it's the case. BB totally lost its way, it couldn't decide just what kind of programme it wanted to be, and like you infer, ended
up stuck in No Man's Land. It's always had an interest in relationships, you'll probably remember Helen and Stuart from BB2; I did find the fawning over it a bit distasteful, Helen had a boyfriend back home, yet she was being encouraged(from outwith the house) to get it on with Stuart. (That's one of the things that I didn't like about Davina - someone in their mid40s having such a prurient interest in any possible "under the cover antics" of folk half her age. I can't imagine her being too happy about her children being asked if they'd shagged on TV).
Once it moved to Channel 5 and became part of Richard Desmond's Daily Star set-up, i'd say the sexification of the show really took off, in fact it often seemed to be the main focus. Add the deliberate introduction of TOWIE, Geordie Shore, and
then later Love Island, Ex-on the Beach contestants and their friends/families as well as the blurring of boundaries between the normal and CBB versions, and to top it off, the merry-go-round of participants between these various programmes, then it's clear BB has lost its uniqueness and become just another "which nonentity's maybe screwing another nonentity?"** type show. It's not something which appeals to me, but if you have the choice between such a programme set in a rather nondescript part of SE England, or in a sunshine, blue sea tropical island pardise, it's not the former which is going to come out on top.
I don't see why people are so interested in whether or not the contestants are having sex, it won't be shown even if they are - it's hardly going to be justifiable on educational grounds.Anyway, the internet's far better for watching stuff like that :leer: :cheers:

** perhaps I should propose that to a TV company, it might be a ratings winner and make me very rich. :laughing:

Postby Lambert » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:29 am

Guest wrote:I see gdprick has got a picture of him and safi on ds. She doesnt look as big as previous comments in this thread would suggest

They look happy, how dare they :grrrrr:
Lambert

Postby jra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 am

wizzywick wrote:
Fletch wrote:Cobis = far right c*nt.

Mark_Jones9: Is this a shared account or is it someone with a dual personality? :dunno:

Some days full on left wing supporter, other times full on Tory defender. :scratch:

Mark_Jones9 is Left wing, but not a programmed Cyberman like Corbyn supporters are. Maybe he has the ability to see things beyond tribal politics and just responds to what is right and wrong. Reading his posts earlier he seems to be quite angry that Labour allow black people to be able to buy tickets for a conference cheaper than white people can buy them for, he rightly says that is racist. If it was the other way round, there would be outrage. And rightly so.

:link:
jra

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 am

Guest wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/89013011#Comment_89013011

Recordplayer posting lies. No one on here targets people to get them banned. We have a good bitch and moan but that is where it ends. The search function will validate this.

Seems like Wizzywicks plan is to present himself as a victim to DS mods in the hope of being allowed back on. :shell:

She has a habit of doing that, but at least she's confirmed what many of us suspected, that she's another of the rightwing snowflakes who can't take any criticism or disagreement.

4 months since he was banned and he isn't back- that plan's about as viable as BoJo, Gove and Davies's plans for leaving the EU.

Postby jra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:49 am

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
BAME members are not white therefore white people cannot get the discount so it is prejudiced against white people.

http://www.bamelabour.org.uk/

Anyone can join BAME.

Perhaps you should have researched it first

If anybody can join, maybe they should change their name to BWANE, so people with a lisp can become members.

W = White
jra

Postby jra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:57 am

Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
BAME members are not white therefore white people cannot get the discount so it is prejudiced against white people.

Anyone can join BAME.

This is hilarious. Why would white people join a special interest group for black, asian, and minority ethnic groups? And how many of its members do you think are white? Here's the executive committee: http://www.bamelabour.org.uk/bame_exec And here's it what is says about membership in its constitution:

"Membership
Membership of BAME Labour shall be open to Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority individuals."

They can't legally bar white people from joining (afaik) but they have gone as far as they can with their wording to make it clear that it's not a group for white people.

It's bordering on racial discrimination (against white people) without actually saying it out loud or dare I say putting it 'in black and white'. What you might call a circumnavigation of the true spirit of the Racial Discrimination Act.
jra

Postby Odessa Steps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:00 am

Goodwife wrote:
wizzywick wrote:

Why don't you fuck off and shove your self obsessed head up your arse? You really are a prize twat! It is joyous winding you up, only trouble is you are too fucking thick to realise it!

:yikes: only person I see getting wound up is you!

Thought you weren't posting on this thread again?

Seems we have another boomerang flouncer :ooer:

Wizzy had form for flouncing all over DS... naturally none of it stuck...
Odessa Steps

Postby Odessa Steps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 am

jra wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

Anyone can join BAME.

This is hilarious. Why would white people join a special interest group for black, asian, and minority ethnic groups? And how many of its members do you think are white? Here's the executive committee: http://www.bamelabour.org.uk/bame_exec And here's it what is says about membership in its constitution:

"Membership
Membership of BAME Labour shall be open to Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority individuals."

They can't legally bar white people from joining (afaik) but they have gone as far as they can with their wording to make it clear that it's not a group for white people.

It's bordering on racial discrimination (against white people) without actually saying it out loud or dare I say putting it 'in black and white'. What you might call a circumnavigation of the true spirit of the Racial Discrimination Act.

Sorry JRA... normally I'd let you pass but this time you're just talking utter bollocks. White people can join BAME and people of ethnicity who aren;t members of BAME don;t get a discount... that pretty much sinks the racial angle.
Odessa Steps

Postby measurer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 am

jra wrote:
measurer wrote:And remember - you are hoping this "bint" as you called me is modding your posts...

Straight out of The Twilight Zone isn't it. Compliment/insult in one post kind of cancels each other out.

Ah that was nothing - had a lot worse. :wink:
measurer

Postby Nucks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 am

Fletch wrote:
Guest wrote:The axing of Big Brother will be a big blow to digital spy forums as its one of their mad busiest forums when the show is running.
Another nail in their coffin?

Not so much these days. In days of old when they had 24 hour coverage available it was super busy. So much so that eviction nights were likely to crash the forum servers. It's not been like that for years. Doubt it will make much difference, channel 4 forum closing was the last big rush to DS, now there's all sorts of platforms for it.

The job of modding a huge site probably comes into play as well. DS has been revamped for now but maybe its days are numbered too. IMDb shut their messageboards down not that long ago, I kind of miss them, it was a good site to get a feel for a film you hadn’t watched yet, some of the reviews were also quite funny. :gigglesnshit:

I see YouTube videos often have the comment section removed, and some online newspaper sites no longer allow for commenting. I would guess as hosts they want to avoid any legal entanglements regarding trolling and harassment, which seem to be on the rise.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:24 am

Guest wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
Fletch wrote:Cobis = far right c*nt.

Mark_Jones9: Is this a shared account or is it someone with a dual personality? :dunno:

Some days full on left wing supporter, other times full on Tory defender. :scratch:

Mark_Jones9 is Left wing, but not a programmed Cyberman like Corbyn supporters are. Maybe he has the ability to see things beyond tribal politics and just responds to what is right and wrong. Reading his posts earlier he seems to be quite angry that Labour allow black people to be able to buy tickets for a conference cheaper than white people can buy them for, he rightly says that is racist. If it was the other way round, there would be outrage. And rightly so.

So Wizz for someone who claimed they didn't give a fuck and had moved on, I see you are still obsessed with reading DS, Whats your new account name or should we all take guesses now you've outed yourself as being active in that topic?

:whogives:

By the way you can read all of DS without being a member :gigglesnshit:

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:26 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:
I think the use of the word "prick" kind of detracted from that, and I see I'm not the only one to "have read it wrong".

I do think hes a prick. His username is long so its easier to put gdprick. Jason watkins became known as twatkins because some think hes a twat. Leicester hunk is called Leicester chump here because hes seen as a chump. A nickname for a poster has nothing to do with thinking a woman looks smaller than other posters previously suggested. Im allowed to think a posters a prick and still think his girlfriend is nowhere near as big as others have said she is :dunno:

you think measurer's posts are 'white noise'

that's a bit fucking rude
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Odessa Steps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:

you think measurer's posts are 'white noise'

that's a bit fucking rude

Just to jump on the DS Conservatives bandwagon... surely "white noise" is racist :grrrrr:
Odessa Steps

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive