Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:34 am

I see someone noted the death of Jim Bowen here, probably not worth an RIP thread of it's own.

I don't know if anyone also noted the recent death of the first sub 4 minute mile runner Sir Roger Bannister who passed away on the 3rd March at the age of 88 years.

RIP to them both.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:00 am

I've just been thinking - isn't rowing and bickering the main hobby of certain people who go online. :again?:

Even on this little backwater site it's no different. I noticed that the DS thread is on it's 86th chapter, thats a minimum of 8,600 pages of what is mostly arguing, bickering, name calling, trolling, outrage and any other name you care to call it.

I know some venture out now and again into the main forum and it isn't always just to follow someone else to continue the fight but by and large it's confrontation and retaliation that really gets their juices flowing.

What a strange world we live in. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:19 am

Trapper John wrote:I've just been thinking - isn't rowing and bickering the main hobby of certain people who go online. :again?:

Even on this little backwater site it's no different. I noticed that the DS thread is on it's 86th chapter, thats a minimum of 8,600 pages of what is mostly arguing, bickering, name calling, trolling, outrage and any other name you care to call it.

I know some venture out now and again into the main forum and it isn't always just to follow someone else to continue the fight but by and large it's confrontation and retaliation that really gets their juices flowing.

Not really a strange world, this is dogs forum an arguing/trollfest forum. If you want serious debates there are many many other sites you can log into

Postby Trapper John » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:32 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I've just been thinking - isn't rowing and bickering the main hobby of certain people who go online. :again?:

Not really a strange world, this is dogs forum an arguing/trollfest forum. If you want serious debates there are many many other sites you can log into

That wasn't my point and neither was it all about this forum and I take issue with your interpretation of Dogs - there is much serious debate on here and some very intelligent people involved in it - you probably miss that because your're too immersed in the troll threads to notice.

Take away the DS thread and forum levels out between the two quite nicely. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:41 am

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

That wasn't my point and neither was it all about this forum and I take issue with your interpretation of Dogs - there is much serious debate on here and some very intelligent people involved in it - you probably miss that because your're too immersed in the troll threads to notice.

Take away the DS thread and forum levels out between the two quite nicely. :thumbsup:

Your point was many people who go online argue and bicker, you mentioned this backwater forum being no different. I disagreed and pointed out that there are many many forums you could go on where serious debate is the norm

Postby Star » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:44 am

The beast from the east is back this weekend :ooer:
Star

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 am

Star wrote:The beast from the east is back this weekend :ooer:

TJ isn't that bad

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:55 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your point was many people who go online argue and bicker, you mentioned this backwater forum being no different. I disagreed and pointed out that there are many many forums you could go on where serious debate is the norm

He's talking about Vam.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 am

It's going to be freezing. Wrap up warm.

Postby Drunk Dalek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:58 am

I blame Stooo. He started wearing shorts at work again :ooer:
Drunk Dalek

Postby jra » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 am

Vicks wrote:
Guest wrote:i can't believe it's been 22 years.

The passage of time hasn't made it any less shocking.

Fifteen five year olds and a six year old all shot dead.

A lot of the children who survived suffered life changing injuries.

Aimie Adam has no movement in her right leg from the knee down.

That was a low point in UK history. One good thing which came out of it was the tightening of gun law legislation, but it's a pity it needed something like that for the impetus.
jra

Postby jra » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:08 am

This is news I don't want to hear.
jra

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:12 am

jra wrote:

This is news I don't want to hear.

You’ll be fine with your super duper boiler...
Dean

Postby Star » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Guest wrote:

It's going to be freezing. Wrap up warm.

You too Guesty :smilin:
Star

Postby Star » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:

I blame Stooo. He started wearing shorts at work again :ooer:

What was he thinking :kinell:
Star

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive