Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Dean » Tue May 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Vicks wrote:
Dean wrote:Not my words, but an interesting little story on Emery...

“Emery does all his own video analysis and, during his time at Valencia, gave players USB sticks to watch tactical clips on. He suspected one player never watched them, so gave him a blank USB and then asked him what he’d make of the clips”

Good thinking that.

:header:

I can’t say I know anything about this Emery chap Vicks, if I’m honest. Look what happened at Man Utd after Fergie left. Whoever gets the job at Arsenal I don’t envy the task they have. They are probably the most fickle fans in all of Britain...
Dean

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:

“Emery does all his own video analysis and, during his time at Valencia, gave players USB sticks to watch tactical clips on. He suspected one player never watched them, so gave him a blank USB and then asked him what he’d make of the clips”

Good thinking that.

I can’t say I know anything about this Emery chap Vicks, if I’m honest. Look what happened at Man Utd after Fergie left. Whoever gets the job at Arsenal I don’t envy the task they have. They are probably the most fickle fans in all of Britain...

Aye I hope it doesn't turn into another David Moyes situation.

I read an article recently that said Arsenal fans are among the biggest moaners in English football.

If it goes tits up, we'll never hear the end of it.
Vicky

Postby Dean » Tue May 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Vicks wrote:
Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Good thinking that.

I read an article recently that said Arsenal fans are among the biggest moaners in English football.

Have you ever seen their Arsenal TV interviews after the game? Oh dear...
Dean

Postby Red Okktober » Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Not sure what to make of Emery - not the glamour appointment many of us were hoping for, but rather him than an ex-player with no managerial experience. So the jury's out for me, but let's give him a chance.

Not many were that familiar with Wenger when he came in - Arsene who?

In other news Santo Cazorla has been let go by the club after horrendous injury problems.

And this years WC winner will be...........................France!
Red Okktober

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Good thinking that.

Have you ever seen their Arsenal TV interviews after the game? Oh dear...

I've heard it mentioned a lot Dean but I've never seen it.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Red Okktober wrote:Not sure what to make of Emery - not the glamour appointment many of us were hoping for, but rather him than an ex-player with no managerial experience. So the jury's out for me, but let's give him a chance.

Not many were that familiar with Wenger when he came in - Arsene who?

In other news Santo Cazorla has been let go by the club after horrendous injury problems.

And this years WC winner will be...........................France!

I'm hoping it's Argentina, I've got my shirt all ready.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Rangers Legend Willie Henderson will walk 100 miles across the Sahara Desert in January in aid of the Michelle Henderson Cervical Cancer Trust.

Willie's daughter Michelle was only 28 when she died of Cervical Cancer.

Wee Willie is 74 and he played for Rangers 478 times.

Only 5ft 4in but he was a great player.

:rangers:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed May 23, 2018 4:48 am

Unai Emery posted a photo of himself beside the Arsenal crest on his official website and said "Proud to be part of the Arsenal family" before deleting it a minute later.

Someone must have told him to belt up before he was unveiled at the big press conference.

He's going to be on £5 million a year at Arsenal, I think Arsene Wenger was on £9 million, so that's a saving of £4 million to start with.

Last edited by Vicky on Wed May 23, 2018 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 am

Only seven days to go before Steven Gerrard takes over his managerial duties at Rangers.

:rangers:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 am

England Captain Harry Kane reckons England can win the World Cup.

Aye, right.

England will be home before the postcards.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 5:27 am

Vicks wrote:Unai Emery posted a photo of himself beside the Arsenal crest on his official website and said "Proud to be part of the Arsenal family" before deleting it a minute later.

Someone must have told him to belt up before he was unveiled at the big press conference.

He's going to be on £5 million a year at Arsenal, I think Arsene Wenger was on £9 million, so that's a saving of £4 million to start with.

Yes poor bloke, I just don't know how he's gonna make ends meet. Meanwhile accross in east London, Manuel Pellegrini will be trousering a massive £10million per year as manager of West Ham.

The Hammers board felt a big name signing for manager with a huge wage packet will show fans they are serious about taking West Ham to the next level.

Unfortunately for them their fans are not so easily fooled, whatever Sullivan and Gold splash out on wages for a manager will come directly out of the fund for new signings and with West Ham's biggest net spend on players in a single season being just shy of £27million, they aren't expecting much to come through the door.

Where Arsenal have been more prudent is that they will see what the new manager can do before elevating his wages to super manager status, being Arsenal most managers will accept that just to manage at such a great club as happened with Wenger in the early days.

Whereas West Ham start with a huge millstone around their necks because they would have trouble in enticing any manager with a name without offering stellar wages.

You can have the best manager in the world, without the players he's just a man.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Wed May 23, 2018 9:23 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:Unai Emery posted a photo of himself beside the Arsenal crest on his official website and said "Proud to be part of the Arsenal family" before deleting it a minute later.

Yes poor bloke, I just don't know how he's gonna make ends meet. Meanwhile accross in east London, Manuel Pellegrini will be trousering a massive £10million per year as manager of West Ham.

The Hammers board felt a big name signing for manager with a huge wage packet will show fans they are serious about taking West Ham to the next level.

Unfortunately for them their fans are not so easily fooled, whatever Sullivan and Gold splash out on wages for a manager will come directly out of the fund for new signings and with West Ham's biggest net spend on players in a single season being just shy of £27million, they aren't expecting much to come through the door.

Where Arsenal have been more prudent is that they will see what the new manager can do before elevating his wages to super manager status, being Arsenal most managers will accept that just to manage at such a great club as happened with Wenger in the early days.

Whereas West Ham start with a huge millstone around their necks because they would have trouble in enticing any manager with a name without offering stellar wages.

You can have the best manager in the world, without the players he's just a man.

Well it's official now Traps!!

Unai Emery was named as Arsenal's new manager a few minutes ago.

Seems he's developed some of the best young talent in Europe and has an outstanding track record of success throughout his career.

A French sports reporter said Emery "Will get Arsenal more organized than they have been" and "He's really keen on drills and discipline and worked PSG hard at training"
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Vicks wrote:
Well it's official now Traps!!

Unai Emery was named as Arsenal's new manager a few minutes ago.

Seems he's developed some of the best young talent in Europe and has an outstanding track record of success throughout his career.

A French sports reporter said Emery "Will get Arsenal more organized than they have been" and "He's really keen on drills and discipline and worked PSG hard at training"

Yep Vicks, heard it earlier - for better or for worse now. :thumbsup:

Some of the myths have already been broken like the fact that he can't speak English - well he made a very passable go of it in his news conference and I should imagine that by the beginning of the new season he'll have it pretty much nailed.

He's a Spanish Basque so will have a strong character and he's big on tactics and the pyschology of players as well as those you mentioned. These are all things Wenger appeared weak at so I'm hoping his new regime will pay dividends.

Apparently he had waited until his contract had fully expired at PSG before attending a formal meeting about the Arsenal job, though they had been in contact with him earlier. It's said that what impressed those who interviewed him most and swayed them to move from Arteta to him, was his intimate like knowledge of the current squad players and how he thought he could get the best out of them.

Arsenal fans have to give the bloke a chance, I think they will if they can see signs of effort, determination and pride in wearing the shirt we don't expect miracles just seeing things moving in the right direction will be enough for now.

I'm glad the debating and guesswork is over, the players know who they'll be looking to next season and what he'll expect from them, I hope they are up for it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Vicks wrote:England Captain Harry Kane reckons England can win the World Cup.

Aye, right.

England will be home before the postcards.

can and will are two different things

Previous

Return to The Archive