Sunny wrote:Or Burnley. :gigglesnshit:

Hahahhaahhaa yes!!!! :pmsl:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Sunny » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:49 am

Trapper John wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:Lloris's challenge was Schumacheresque

In my opinion Lloris should have been sent off for that challenge. The fact that Diouf scored gave the ref the excuse to avoid making the decision.

Well he didn't so deal with it!
Must suck knowing you cant catch the mighty spurs, but keep going cant let Burnley over take you, surely! :gigglesnshit:
Sunny

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:25 pm

A convincing 4-0 win for Rangers keeps them in the hunt for second spot in the Scottish league... Blues drew 1-1 with Burton at home doing our survival chances no good... fucking football...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Yes well done Rangers back into 2nd place as Aberdeen dropped 3 points at Hearts, losing 2-0. Close contenders for 2nd place, Hibs also dropped points at Ross County darwing 1-1.

Celtic won of course at Hamilton 1-2 but overall it was a very good weekend for the Rangers.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Talking of convincing wins - Arsenal's 3-2 win over Southampton this afternoon wasn't one.

You'd think players would have a bit of pride and play with it even when there isn't much to play for. We were poor, lethargic, disinterested and at times woeful. Yes there were quite a few changes from Thursday but you'd think those with a rare chance to play would make more of it.

It reached rock bottom when a cross from the right caught Mustafi having a quiet fag and saying 'yours Pete' as Shane Long waltzed in between them and slotted home to give Southampton the lead. Yes, I didn't get it wrong Shane Long their single striker on the day who hasn't scored a goal in 47 outings - thats how bad we were.

Fortunately as is often the case we needed that and perked up a little netting 10 minutes later with another Gunners goal from Aubameyang. Another 10 minutes and we were 2-1 up as Welbeck finally discovered what the big white poles and net are all about and thats how the half ended.

The second half was a bit brighter from both sides with Southampton fighting for their Premier league lives, whilst Arsenal defended sufficiently well to keep them out and attacking on the breaks. As the game got towards the last 15 minutes Mark Hughes made a substitution. I'd forgotten they had Charlie Austin on the bench and I immediately thought 'Oh no not Charlie Austin, that fucker always scores against us' - sure as eggs is eggs, within a minute of coming on, the fucker who always scores against us - scored against us and levelled at 2-2.

It looked like that would be that after Welbeck missed a sitter from 3 yards out. It wasn't though as Iwobi put in a lovely cross for Welbeck to nod in for his second of the day.

It finsished 3-2 but not before we had two red cards for violent conduct in added time, one for the Saints Stevens who floored Jack Wilshire for literally ripping his shirt off his back and one for Arsenal's Elneny who wouldn't say boo to goose normally - but the ref had to even it up somehow and Elneny is black and has funny hair, so he fitted the bill.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Trapper John wrote:Yes well done Rangers back into 2nd place as Aberdeen dropped 3 points at Hearts, losing 2-0. Close contenders for 2nd place, Hibs also dropped points at Ross County darwing 1-1.

Celtic won of course at Hamilton 1-2 but overall it was a very good weekend for the Rangers.

That's good news for Rangers! :smilin:

Looks like you might be able to over take Chelsea and grab 5th, after they drew with the hammers at home. Ya think Conte will leave in the summer? 2 yrs tops is the limit to stay there for any manager.
Am not going to tease your team anymore as tbt they are no threat to us, so lets leave it at that.....I do hope your lot finish above Chelsea, I dislike them more tbh. :thumbsup:
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Yes well done Rangers back into 2nd place as Aberdeen dropped 3 points at Hearts, losing 2-0. Close contenders for 2nd place, Hibs also dropped points at Ross County darwing 1-1.

That's good news for Rangers! :smilin:

Looks like you might be able to over take Chelsea and grab 5th, after they drew with the hammers at home. Ya think Conte will leave in the summer? 2 yrs tops is the limit to stay there for any manager.
Am not going to tease your team anymore as tbt they are no threat to us, so lets leave it at that.....I do hope your lot finish above Chelsea, I dislike them more tbh. :thumbsup:

Hi Sunns - not bothered where we finish now 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th ............ no difference really. Apparently Conte can't wait to get out of Chelsea he's had it with them.

Those in the know say Wenger will definitely go this summer regardless of if we win the Europa league or not - and apparently they already have his replacement lined up - who though? nobody seems to know that.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 am

The last game of the weekend Chelsea v West Ham wasn't exactly crucial to league standings but it did firm up some things. In a game that was mostly dull and for the club supporters, Chelsea took the lead about 10 minutes before half time. The second half was a little better and West Ham's substitution bringing on Hernandez was key to the result, within 3 minutes he'd levelled the score with 15 minutes to go and it remained that way at the final whistle.

West Ham will probably be the happier, though still technically in the relegation fight there are teams in far worse positions below them, more likely to be playing championship football next season than them. I'm sure they would have taken a point away to Chelsea all day long if it was offered earlier in the season.

Chelsea don't appear to have much fight anymore, they are resigned to the fact that outside a top four spot, there isn't much to play for. Dropping two home points puts them only three points ahead of 6th placed Arsenal.

So, with just the positioning of the top four clubs to be decided, it's a done deal at the head of the table. Personally I think it will end as it is today, City champions, United runners up, Liverpool 3rd, Spurs 4th. Even the slight competition for 3rd and 4th is gone now, with the last place guaranteed CL football without the inconvenience of a qualifier.

I also think the bottom three now will be the ones to go down and for the first time they are all once stalwarts of the league, though not correct, Southampton, Stoke and West Brom feel like they've been in it forever.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Jay Jay » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:Lloris's challenge was Schumacheresque

In my opinion Lloris should have been sent off for that challenge. The fact that Diouf scored gave the ref the excuse to avoid making the decision.

Yes it was a definite red and he should have gone, regardless of scoring.
Jay Jay

Postby VelvetCat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Well I haven't posted in here for a while because I was so fucking disgusted with my teams performances, but at least under our temporary manager, we got a point!

Relegation looks inevitable, but strangely I'm not that bothered about that, I enjoy watching the Championship, its almost a relief after the depressing Saturdays this season and extra matches mean more night matches, something I miss and also a chance to get 6 points off Villa!

I'm bothered by the lack of effort by some players, the inaction of the board regarding sacking both Pulis and Pardew, leaving Darren Moore in a unenviable position, the lack of interest from our owner except when we play top 6 clubs, guess we won't see much of him on cold Tuesday nights in January next season.

We play Man Utd on Sunday, I am expecting us to be relegated after this match, just want to get the rest of the season over and done with, for the board to appoint a decent manager in the summer, lose some of the dead wood (taxi 4 especially) and rebuild the squad with some good signings and our younger players and try and go straight back up.

Its not been a good season to be a West Brom fan! :header:
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 am

VelvetCat wrote:Well I haven't posted in here for a while because I was so fucking disgusted with my teams performances, but at least under our temporary manager, we got a point!

Relegation looks inevitable, but strangely I'm not that bothered about that, I enjoy watching the Championship, its almost a relief after the depressing Saturdays this season and extra matches mean more night matches, something I miss and also a chance to get 6 points off Villa!

I'm bothered by the lack of effort by some players, the inaction of the board regarding sacking both Pulis and Pardew, leaving Darren Moore in a unenviable position, the lack of interest from our owner except when we play top 6 clubs, guess we won't see much of him on cold Tuesday nights in January next season.

We play Man Utd on Sunday, I am expecting us to be relegated after this match, just want to get the rest of the season over and done with, for the board to appoint a decent manager in the summer, lose some of the dead wood (taxi 4 especially) and rebuild the squad with some good signings and our younger players and try and go straight back up.

Its not been a good season to be a West Brom fan! :header:

I feel your grief and disappointment, it's always the fans who suffer the most. :shame:

Look on the bright side though, I reckon it's better to be a top dog in the Championship than a bottom dweller in the Premier league, from a fans perspective anyway and you have to believe you will be.

It might take a few seasons the way things are going for you now but I'm sure West Brom will be back up in the Premier league, unlike some that could be mentioned who never halted the slide and disappeared into obscurity.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:27 am

Average player and failed manager, Slavan Bilic said that Arsenal's January signing Pierre-Emeric Aubameyang is 'Slumming it' at Arsenal and expanded by saying he's Real Madrid and Milan quality, both of whom had been interested in signing him. He went on to add that the player is 'world class' and should be playing for a world class club.

Here's a thing, he said that after Arsenal had just wiped the floor with Milan both home and away and whilst Madrid are having one of their worst sets of results domestically and internationally for decades - so what does he mean exactly?

Like many idiots in his newfound profession of poor punditry, he skims the surface never looking at the deeper picture. It appears he based his comments on Aubameyang's record with Dortmund in the Bundesliga and as we should all know, including him, that with the greatest respect to German football fans, the Bundesliga ain't no Premier league.

On Aubameyang himself, Arsenal fans are a little divided at present. Yes we all hope he will become the great Premier league player we want, scoring for fun and assuming the mantle of Thierry Henry but despite his good start on paper, the reality is a less impressive.

Understandably he looks a bit unsure of himself as he comes to terms with new team-mates and battling against Premier league defences, some would say 'lightweight' on many occasions. Lacazette was the same, though he appears to have shrugged that off now and looks to be becoming the player we spent over £50 million on.

Aubameyang has scored 6 times in 7 PL appearances, looks good on the surface but one was a penalty and of the others, most were more by luck than judgement - at present he is not the scorer of 'worldy' goals and his Dortmund stats show he never was.

Of course we don't worry to much these days about how the ball finds the back of the net, maybe we shouldn't but if he's going to be regarded as world class, he needs to do a bit more than just bundled the ball over the line as he stumbles or toe punt in from 6 yards out at a stretch.

I'm confident he will become a great player at Arsenal, he'll adjust and develop his game to suit the PL and there's nothing wrong with a poacher on the edge of the box knocking in sitters, in fact thats just what we need.

What we don't need is idiots like Bilic building up players with calls of 'world class' when they've yet to prove they are or not.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Manchester City face Liverpool tonight in the second leg tie of the Champions league quarter final, with the scousers holding a commanding 3-0 lead from the first leg.

Despite that I've got an inkling Man City will blow Liverpool away with a first half blitz and level the score before half time. It will then be a Cat & Mouse game in the second half with both teams shitting themselves about making the first mistake.

I think it will go to extra time and City will win it during that.

There are two teams in the Premier league who can easily throw away a commanding lead because of poor defending and one of them is Liverpool (I won't say the other on the grounds I might incriminate myself)

I seriously think that City will come away as semi finalists one way or another - I reserve the right to change that prediction if Liverpool score in the first 15 minutes.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Trapper John wrote:Manchester City face Liverpool tonight in the second leg tie of the Champions league quarter final, with the scousers holding a commanding 3-0 lead from the first leg.

Despite that I've got an inkling Man City will blow Liverpool away with a first half blitz and level the score before half time. It will then be a Cat & Mouse game in the second half with both teams shitting themselves about making the first mistake.

I think it will go to extra time and City will win it during that.

There are two teams in the Premier league who can easily throw away a commanding lead because of poor defending and one of them is Liverpool (I won't say the other on the grounds I might incriminate myself)

I seriously think that City will come away as semi finalists one way or another - I reserve the right to change that prediction if Liverpool score in the first 15 minutes.

Well the only thing I'm wrong about at the moment is the scoreline. I've looked at that Sane offside goal several times now, I think he's being kept onside all the time by Chamberlain and the ball came off Milner anyway.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Text » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Sunny wrote:That's good news for Rangers! :smilin:

I hope Spurs does the business against Mancity at the weekend. Slow them down! :wink: We've already pissed on their parade.
Text

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive