Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Trapper John wrote:I'm not saying there is anything in it but if you look back at Wengers history he's always had a thing about big black boys. :dunno:

I know you're kidding, but back in the day there were rumours, none of them ever substantiated of course. I was at Stamford Bridge once for a Chelsea V Arsenal match, and virtually the entire home crowd was singing (to the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown) ' he likes little boys, he likes little boys, Arsene Wenger, Arsene Wenger, he likes little boys' - went on for fucking ages.
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Guest wrote:Fucking hell did you just repeat that satire post about Earth Hour being cancelled.
Thanks for confirming only the very stupid fall for satire thinking it is a cast iron fact.
:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tacks.html
Red Okktober

Postby Trapper John » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I'm not saying there is anything in it but if you look back at Wengers history he's always had a thing about big black boys. :dunno:

I know you're kidding, but back in the day there were rumours, none of them ever substantiated of course. I was at Stamford Bridge once for a Chelsea V Arsenal match, and virtually the entire home crowd was singing (to the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown) ' he likes little boys, he likes little boys, Arsene Wenger, Arsene Wenger, he likes little boys' - went on for fucking ages.

I remember. Wenger hadn't been manager for long and as his success drew a lot of unwanted attention his way.

Some said the rumours started in the city with some dealers trying to distabilize Arsenal's share valuation at the time. Whatever, none of those accusations made it mainstream because of a fixed determination by the club to sue the arse off of anyone making or repeating even the least unsubstantiated claim against Wenger or the club.

The same happened years later when he was having an affair with another woman whilst married.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:41 pm

I don't know how the surface will affect our game tonight. Obviously they can't grow grass that far north, or certainly the sort you can play football on.

Arsenal have a 3G playing surface at their training ground and practice on it regularly. However Ostersunds is a 4G surface which implies it's a newer type of Astra-turf and so should be better.

Wenger says it's different but then refused to allow his team to practice on it so that doesn't bode well. I guess like all artificial pitches it will test the stamina and leg strength of the players, I hope it won't add to our injury list.

When the draw was made I thought it would be a walkover, having heard about the conditions and knowing how Arsenal players react when they don't feel 'up for it' I'm beginning to err on the side of Red, I think a draw might be a good result. :ooer:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:04 am

Trapper John wrote:I don't know how the surface will affect our game tonight. Obviously they can't grow grass that far north, or certainly the sort you can play football on.

Arsenal have a 3G playing surface at their training ground and practice on it regularly. However Ostersunds is a 4G surface which implies it's a newer type of Astra-turf and so should be better.

Wenger says it's different but then refused to allow his team to practice on it so that doesn't bode well. I guess like all artificial pitches it will test the stamina and leg strength of the players, I hope it won't add to our injury list.

When the draw was made I thought it would be a walkover, having heard about the conditions and knowing how Arsenal players react when they don't feel 'up for it' I'm beginning to err on the side of Red, I think a draw might be a good result. :ooer:

LOL they hadn't played for 3 months you tool.
My sixfold acca came in thanks to Locomotive doing the business.
£723.16 for a tenner
Happy Days.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:12 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I don't know how the surface will affect our game tonight. Obviously they can't grow grass that far north, or certainly the sort you can play football on.

£723.16 for a tenner
Happy Days.

What wankstain? you wanna read the post you're quoting before calling people a tool, I posted that yesterday, so what's the first line all about? :dunno:

If all you wanted to do was brag about an accumulator coming in, there's a random thread for that. :roll:

Oh and btw, they'd been on an intensive training camp in Spain fpor three weeks and came back for a competitive Swedish Cup game at the weekend, so they didn't exactly get up out the armchair and walk on the pitch for a game. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Fred Fairbrass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 am

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

£723.16 for a tenner
Happy Days.

What wankstain? you wanna read the post you're quoting before calling people a tool, I posted that yesterday, so what's the first line all about? :dunno:

If all you wanted to do was brag about an accumulator coming in, there's a random thread for that. :roll:

Monsieur TJ, Scandinavian clubs don't play until March as there season runs late March/early April to early November.
Therefore they hadn't played a league game since 5th November, 3 months ago.
Once again knowledge is not your strong suit. Deeply dippy. :cuppaT: :cuppaT: :cuppaT:
Fred Fairbrass

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:10 am

So mine and a lot of Arsenal supporters fears were unfounded as the Gunners return home from Sweden with a victory and 3 goals in the bag for the return leg at the Emirates next week.

There was no sign of the three feet of snow which covered the rest of the small town of Ostersund as the grounds people had cleared every snowflake from the stadium. Arsenal started quick and brightly, probably more to do with keeping moving in the -4c temperature than eagerness to make a show and immediately put the Swedish minnows under pressure.

It remained that way for the majority of the first half with the Gunners defence sat on the half way line or inside the opponents half and David Ospina in goal writing out his Christmas list for next year. The constant pressure told in the 13th minute as Ostersund couldn't get out of their 18 yard box and a shot from Iwobi deflected back into play, with Nacho Monreal playing 'fox in the box' slotting away the first goal.

Arsenal continued with the relentless pressing and 11 minutes later a ball from Mykhitaryan shot across goal for Welbeck to meet but it never reached him as it bounced off the hip of a defender and into the net for the second.

Arsenal eased off a bit and allowed the Swedes some space and they used it well, though they never tested Ospina for anything more than some warming up exercises and the half ended 0-2.

Into the second half Ostersund came out with a do or die attitude and played well giving the Gunners more to do, though in truth they never worried us at all or looked like scoring from free play. After about 10 minutes of second half toing and froing, Arsenal slipped up a gear and after a small spell of pressure, Mykhitaryan once again found space and put Ozil through for a neatly taken third goal, at 0-3 the game was then effectively over.

For the remainder of the match, Arsenal sat back and let the Swedes come at them as the name of the game had changed from just winning to making sure every player ended the game on their feet without injury. Ostersund played some nice moves but their end game was lacking and the Gunner's defence and midfield batted away any threats with ease.

There looked like there could be some joy for the 7500 Swedes packed into the stadium with which to taunt the 1500 Arsenal fans who had made the journey, when Hector Bellerin brought down a player in our box with a mis-timed challenge, a minute into added time. The resulting penalty summed up Ostersund's night as Ospina read the player right and pulled off a good save to leave the hosts without even a consolation goal.

The win is great news but no casualties is better and we go back to await the return leg as we don't play this weekend. We need a fully fit and rested squad as we play Manchester City in the League Cup final 3 days after that return game.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 am

Fred Fairbrass wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:
£723.16 for a tenner
Happy Days.

Monsieur TJ, Scandinavian clubs don't play until March as there season runs late March/early April to early November.
Therefore they hadn't played a league game since 5th November, 3 months ago.
Once again knowledge is not your strong suit. Deeply dippy. :cuppaT: :cuppaT: :cuppaT:

Stop squirming it makes you look like a knob. I know all about their season and the fact the league is shut down then. :roll:

You said they hadn't played for three months implying they'd been sitting on their arses eating Puffins and rollmops. They had an intensive training camp in Spain for three weeks which included friendlies against local sides, returning last weekend to play a domestic cup game which the Swedish FA and Ostersund's opponents kindly allowed them to bring forward by three weeks so they could get in a competitive game before their Europa match. :thumbsup:

Not that any of this matters at all, you play whats in front of you :again?:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:28 am

Funnily enough the commentator on lasts night's game said something I've been saying since the line up for the Europa league knockout stages was announced before Christmas.

He said that this year's competition has by far the strongest line up it's ever had in it's history, it being more like a champions league than Europe's second competition.

Last nights results elsewhere show who are the ones to watch if we didn't already know. If Arsenal can avoid all of those in bold in the round of 16, I'd be happy and take it step by step from then on.

Steaua Bucharest 1-0 Lazio
Partizan Belgrade 1-1 Viktoria Plzen
Lyon 3-1 Villarrael
Napoli 1-3 Leipzig
Celtic 1-0 Zenit St Petersburg
AEK Athens 1-1 Dynamo Kiev
Kobenhavn 1-4 Athletico Madrid
Marseille 3-0 Sporting Braga
Ludgorets 0-3 AC Milan
Real Sociedad 2-2 FC Salzburg
Spartak Moscow 1-3 Athletico Bilbao
Nice 2-3 Locomotive Moscow
Borussia Dortmund 3-2 Atalanta
Astana 1-3 Sporting Lisbon
Red Star Belgrade 0-0 CSKA Moscow
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 am

Trapper John wrote:Funnily enough the commentator on lasts night's game said something I've been saying since the line up for the Europa league knockout stages was announced before Christmas.

He said that this year's competition has by far the strongest line up it's ever had in it's history, it being more like a champions league than Europe's second competition.

Last nights results elsewhere show who are the ones to watch if we didn't already know. If Arsenal can avoid all of those in bold in the round of 16, I'd be happy and take it step by step from then on.

Lyon 3-1 Villarrael
Napoli 1-3 Leipzig
Ludgorets 0-3 AC Milan

Arsenal would only struggle against
Atalanta
Leipzig
Locomotive and
Athletico

The others aren't set up as well to deal with Wenger's formations.

LOL @ Sociedad or Salzburg being chosen :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Funnily enough the commentator on lasts night's game said something I've been saying since the line up for the Europa league knockout stages was announced before Christmas.

Lyon 3-1 Villarrael
Napoli 1-3 Leipzig
Ludgorets 0-3 AC Milan

Atalanta
Leipzig
Locomotive and
Athletico

LOL @ Sociedad or Salzburg being chosen
:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Can't see what amuses you over that choice in particular? :scratch: I was merely highlighting teams I'd prefer to avoid and they are two.

Sociedad are a Basque side who are a tough opponents in one off cup games, like Bilbao which is why I chose them too, even though there is little to seperate them this season. Sociedad also give Barcelona a rough ride more often than not, so are capable of doing the same to Arsenal.

Salzburg are owned by Red Bull and Red Bull teams do well by and large in Europe due to their investment, Leipzig are a perfect example and which is maybe why Salzburg sit 5 points clear at the top of the Austrian league at present.

So no reason to not to choose those in the teams I'd prefer to miss in the next round. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Reports say that Paul Pogba has told friends he wished he'd never joined Manchester United, citing that Mourinho isn't letting him play the football he wants to play and that he could leave United in the summer.

Good luck with that you lanky streak of self obsessed piss. No-one is going to pay anywhere near the over-inflated sum United paid for you or your fucking enormous wages.

The best thing you can do is stop acting like a spoilt prima donna, knuckle down and accept that Alexis Sanchez is now at your club and he's top dog now, taking your shine away forever. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lyon 3-1 Villarrael
Napoli 1-3 Leipzig
Ludgorets 0-3 AC Milan

Atalanta
Leipzig
Locomotive and
Athletico

LOL @ Sociedad or Salzburg being chosen
:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Can't see what amuses you over that choice in particular? :scratch: I was merely highlighting teams I'd prefer to avoid and they are two.

Sociedad are a Basque side who are a tough opponents in one off cup games, like Bilbao which is why I chose them too, even though there is little to seperate them this season. Sociedad also give Barcelona a rough ride more often than not, so are capable of doing the same to Arsenal.

Salzburg are owned by Red Bull and Red Bull teams do well by and large in Europe due to their investment, Leipzig are a perfect example and which is maybe why Salzburg sit 5 points clear at the top of the Austrian league at present.

So no reason to not to choose those in the teams I'd prefer to miss in the next round. :dunno:

The Austrian league is crap as are Salzburg.
Sociedad are a poor side that occasionally show up for a football match.
Same for Bilbao.
Milan are having a shocker of a season.
Lazio are having a poor run.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 am

Guest wrote:The Austrian league is crap as are Salzburg.
Sociedad are a poor side that occasionally show up for a football match.
Same for Bilbao.
Milan are having a shocker of a season.
Lazio are having a poor run.

Poor seasons? you can say that about every club still in it, including Arsenal - cup football isn't league football so their current league standings don't mean much. Real Madrid are having a shit season, is anyone writing them off in the CL?

The Swiss league is crap, didn't stop everyone wetting their pants over the Man City win at Basel, same with Liverpool at Porto. At the end of the day you cant get away from the fact that 95% of the clubs left in both competitions are just the best of a poor bunch.

So back to my original point, I picked the best of a poor bunch I'd rather not meet in the next round. They might be shit but I'd rather find that out later because there are even bigger shits I'd rather Arsenal play next. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive