Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicky » Mon May 14, 2018 7:01 am

I have decided to stop myself having withdrawal symptoms now the SPL has finished, to get involved in the World Cup.

I've just ordered an Argentina shirt.

I know we were at war with them, but that was a while ago.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Mon May 14, 2018 7:54 am

Vicks wrote:Arsenal beat Huddersfield 1-0 so Reds and TJ will be happy and sad as Arsene Wenger says goodbye after 22 years.

Spurs beat Leicester 5-4 so Sunny is probably a nervous wreck, like me and Dis were earlier.

Hiya Vicks, was keeping an eye on the Rangers match and couldn't believe how quickly Rangers got 2 back, and then saw the final score 5-5, was thinking wow! Little did I know I was going to go through the same thing. :laughing: The only thing that kept me calm was we already had gone through to CL, but I did want us to beat the scousers, and I really wanted Harry to get 2 more goals to catch Salah. We got the win but Harry didn't manage to catch Salah, damn it, for the golden boot. (would of been 3 in a row had he).
But what bastards are Chelsea, they didn't even bother to show up, that's terrible no respect to their fans, I mean look at Leicester they gave it all and fair play to them, good sportsmanship. :thumbsup:
Even though was a rollercoaster of a match. :laughing:

And how about those Bastards Celtic losing to Aberdeen did they do that on purpose???? Makes you wonder!!! :roll:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby VelvetCat » Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 am

Vicks wrote:
32147492_589615384746225_3838422550291939328_n.jpg

I didn't fall in love with a player.

I became interested in football in 1987 after the Old Firm "Shame Game"

It was all over the news and i had never heard of a Goalkeeper being sent off before.

So i watched the highlights on Scotsport the next day and that was me.

Celtic won the double that season but Rangers won the league in 1989 and in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 and in 1997.

:rangers:

It wasn't a player, but a team. The 1978/79 West Bromwich Albion team who should've won Division One that season, the appalling winter that year meant we had so many games postponed and in the end, we just couldn't keep the momentum going.

I admit though I did fancy Bryan Robson, (still do!) and was utterly heartbroken when he went to Man Utd!

So, we are relegated. Thank you Vics and Sunny for your kind words, I've been unwell for a week or so and ended up listening to the Swansea Southampton match in bed, shed a few tears at the end of the match and at full time on Sunday, but now quite looking forward to the challenges of the Championship. This summer's transfer window is going to be a very important one for us I think. Hopefully the new manager will be appointed in the next week or so, players will be released and we can make some good moves in the transfer market.

Hopefully we will come straight back up, but I'm not underestimating how hard it will be, there are some very, very good teams in the Championship and it can be a very hard league to get out of.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby VelvetCat » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 am

I was pleased that Fulham beat Derby last night in the play off semi final second leg, dislike Derby since they beat us in the play off final a few years ago, and every time I've seen Fulham play on Sky, I've enjoyed watching them.

As for tonight's semi final, 'Boro to win would be the lesser of two evils, as long as Fulham beat them in the final!

In the club vs country debate, West Brom first, but I would like to see England do well in the World Cup, it's been 28 years since "that" semi final and I was only 3 months old when England won the World Cup in 1966, so I have no memories of it although apparently I fell asleep in my dad's arms at the start of extra time and didn't wake up, even when the goals were scored!
VelvetCat

Postby Vicky » Tue May 15, 2018 5:29 am

Sunny wrote:
Vicks wrote:Arsenal beat Huddersfield 1-0 so Reds and TJ will be happy and sad as Arsene Wenger says goodbye after 22 years.

Spurs beat Leicester 5-4 so Sunny is probably a nervous wreck, like me and Dis were earlier.

Hiya Vicks, was keeping an eye on the Rangers match and couldn't believe how quickly Rangers got 2 back, and then saw the final score 5-5, was thinking wow! Little did I know I was going to go through the same thing. :laughing: The only thing that kept me calm was we already had gone through to CL, but I did want us to beat the scousers, and I really wanted Harry to get 2 more goals to catch Salah. We got the win but Harry didn't manage to catch Salah, damn it, for the golden boot. (would of been 3 in a row had he).
But what bastards are Chelsea, they didn't even bother to show up, that's terrible no respect to their fans, I mean look at Leicester they gave it all and fair play to them, good sportsmanship. :thumbsup:
Even though was a rollercoaster of a match. :laughing:

And how about those Bastards Celtic losing to Aberdeen did they do that on purpose???? Makes you wonder!!! :roll:

Morning Suns. :Hiya:

Chelsea sound just like Celtic.

That was Celtic's first defeat at home all season and the first time Aberdeen have beat them for 4 years.

A wee break while the world cup takes place and then back to important matters.

Rangers have a new manager and Spurs will be playing in a state of the art stadium.

Fingers crossed we get some silverware.
Vicky

VelvetCat wrote:
Vicks wrote:
32147492_589615384746225_3838422550291939328_n.jpg

I didn't fall in love with a player.

I became interested in football in 1987 after the Old Firm "Shame Game"

It was all over the news and i had never heard of a Goalkeeper being sent off before.

So i watched the highlights on Scotsport the next day and that was me.

Celtic won the double that season but Rangers won the league in 1989 and in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 and in 1997.

:rangers:

It wasn't a player, but a team. The 1978/79 West Bromwich Albion team who should've won Division One that season, the appalling winter that year meant we had so many games postponed and in the end, we just couldn't keep the momentum going.

I admit though I did fancy Bryan Robson, (still do!) and was utterly heartbroken when he went to Man Utd!

So, we are relegated. Thank you Vics and Sunny for your kind words, I've been unwell for a week or so and ended up listening to the Swansea Southampton match in bed, shed a few tears at the end of the match and at full time on Sunday, but now quite looking forward to the challenges of the Championship. This summer's transfer window is going to be a very important one for us I think. Hopefully the new manager will be appointed in the next week or so, players will be released and we can make some good moves in the transfer market.

Hopefully we will come straight back up, but I'm not underestimating how hard it will be, there are some very, very good teams in the Championship and it can be a very hard league to get out of.

Morning Cat. :Hiya:

A few tweaks here and there to the squad and fingers crossed, you'll come straight back up.

I can mind how I felt when Rangers were kicked out the SPL and ended up in the Third Division.

The highs and lows of being a football supporter.

Rangers came back up and so will West Brom.

:yess:
Vicky

TJ :wubbers:

I know I shouldn't be sticking my nose in to things that don't concern me, but it's never stopped me before.

So listen.

I think Arsenal are out of order sacking their physio of 23 years.

Yes I can understand getting rid of the backroom staff now Arsene has gone, but it seems a bit unfair getting rid of the physio as well.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 15, 2018 5:45 am

Vicks wrote:TJ :wubbers:

I know I shouldn't be sticking my nose in to things that don't concern me, but it's never stopped me before.

So listen.

Yes I can understand getting rid of the backroom staff now Arsene has gone, but it seems a bit unfair getting rid of the physio as well.

It isn't just him either, many of the long standing Arsenal backroom staff are going, either after being pushed or of their own accord.

It's what happens when a new regime takes over, there are some strong personalities in charge now and they all have definite ideas of what and how things need to be done.

It can only go two ways, either it will lead us into a new era of success or Kroenke will be on the phone to Wenger this time next year, begging him to come back.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 am

VelvetCat wrote: .......Hopefully the new manager will be appointed in the next week or so, players will be released and we can make some good moves in the transfer market.

Do you not fancy Darren Moore for the long term then VC? He's done a decent job as caretaker or do you think someone new is the best way forward?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Tue May 15, 2018 12:30 pm

I’m glad Fulham made the play off final last night, they have a much better chance of beating Villa in the final!
Dean

Postby Dean » Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm

I wonder if Gerrard would be tempted to put his boots back on for a season next year? He only retired a few months back, and all due respect to the SPL, he would still be the best player in it even now.
Dean

Postby VelvetCat » Tue May 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Trapper John wrote:
VelvetCat wrote: .......Hopefully the new manager will be appointed in the next week or so, players will be released and we can make some good moves in the transfer market.

Do you not fancy Darren Moore for the long term then VC? He's done a decent job as caretaker or do you think someone new is the best way forward?

Personally TJ I would be happy for Darren Moore to be given the job, he's done wonders during his time as caretaker manager and should be given his chance to manage us.

My only worry is, if we don't start well next season, he will lose the goodwill he currently has with a lot of us and I would hate to see him sacked.

According to Sky Sports News, he is frontrunner along with Dean Smith and our Chief Executive flew out to China yesterday to speak to the owner regarding his choice, they are hoping to make the announcement by the end of the week. I'm hoping it will be Darren Moore or Big Dave as we call him.
VelvetCat

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 15, 2018 10:25 pm

VelvetCat wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Personally TJ I would be happy for Darren Moore to be given the job, he's done wonders during his time as caretaker manager and should be given his chance to manage us.

My only worry is, if we don't start well next season, he will lose the goodwill he currently has with a lot of us and I would hate to see him sacked.

According to Sky Sports News, he is frontrunner along with Dean Smith and our Chief Executive flew out to China yesterday to speak to the owner regarding his choice, they are hoping to make the announcement by the end of the week. I'm hoping it will be Darren Moore or Big Dave as we call him.

I'm sure he'd understand that but he'd be willing to take the chance regardless - I reckon he'd get more time from the WBA faithful than another manager would. He'd be my choice, there isn't a lot of other ones anyway.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:TJ :wubbers:

So listen.

It isn't just him either, many of the long standing Arsenal backroom staff are going, either after being pushed or of their own accord.

It's what happens when a new regime takes over, there are some strong personalities in charge now and they all have definite ideas of what and how things need to be done.

It can only go two ways, either it will lead us into a new era of success or Kroenke will be on the phone to Wenger this time next year, begging him to come back.

Yes I can understand them getting rid of certain backroom staff, but a physio is a physio.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 am

It's been claimed the Arsenal players all know who their new manager is.

Lots of websites cclsim former Gers player Mikel Arteta is taking over after lots of other candidates dropped out.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Alex Ferguson/David Moyes carry on.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive