Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Sunny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:25 am

Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Of course thats just what you'd expect from a Spurs supporter whose team have had a couple of good years in the Premier league, when it all goes pear shaped, as it will, they'll be singing a very different tune.

I'm surprised they can bring themselves to speak of the competition in such a derisory way, seeing as they never managed to dig themselves out of the group stages in the years they were in it. :whistle:

Such a long time ago, cant even remember those days......its now that matters and we are miles above your lot!....Oh mind the gap! :leer:

Not so long ago at all, what is a long time though is 20 consecutive years of qualifying for the champions league compared to, what is it 4 times in the same period for Spurs? .... you've got a long way to go before you put a dent in that. :thumbsup:

And what have you got to show for it? FUCK ALL!!!! :bum:

Believe me we would of won it by now, in all those yrs being in it. that is a deffo!!! :thumbsup:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:31 am

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Of course thats just what you'd expect from a Spurs supporter whose team have had a couple of good years in the Premier league, when it all goes pear shaped, as it will, they'll be singing a very different tune.

I'm surprised they can bring themselves to speak of the competition in such a derisory way, seeing as they never managed to dig themselves out of the group stages in the years they were in it. :whistle:

Such a long time ago, cant even remember those days......its now that matters and we are miles above your lot!....Oh mind the gap! :leer:

Not so long ago at all, what is a long time though is 20 consecutive years of qualifying for the champions league compared to, what is it 4 times in the same period for Spurs? .... you've got a long way to go before you put a dent in that. :thumbsup:

And what have you got to show for it? FUCK ALL!!!! :bum:

Believe me we would of won it by now, in all those yrs being in it. that is a deffo!!! :thumbsup:

Are you using your experience of your time in it to make that statement? Now lets see, I don't believe you've got past the round of 16 and that with supposedly the best team and manager you've had for decades. Arsenal have reached the quarter finals, the semi's and the final.

Give me a call when Spurs do that, if I don't answer it'll be coz I died of old age years before. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Sunny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:37 am

Trapper John wrote:Are you using your experience of your time in it to make that statement? Now lets see, I don't believe you've got past the round of 16 and that with supposedly the best team and manager you've had for decades. Arsenal have reached the quarter finals, the semi's and the final.

Give me a call when Spurs do that, if I don't answer it'll be coz I died of old age years before. :smilin:

But we reached the quarter finals on our 1st attempt.... :thumbsup:

And we beat Real Madrid and Dortmund......and finished top of our group!
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:40 am

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Are you using your experience of your time in it to make that statement? Now lets see, I don't believe you've got past the round of 16 and that with supposedly the best team and manager you've had for decades. Arsenal have reached the quarter finals, the semi's and the final.

Remind me where that got you?

Real are still in it and Dortmund are so shit now, they exited the Europa league at first attempt. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:43 am

Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Real are still in it and Dortmund are so shit now, they exited the Europa league at first attempt. :roll:

Its got us respect and considered the best team in London at present. :thumbsup:
We are better than Arsenal now, just admit it my dear! :leer:

But, toss up now between your lot and Chelski.....who knows your guys might finish 5th. :smilin:
Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:47 am

Always a pleasure chatting to you TJ!!!......makes my day! :pmsl: :Hiya:
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:50 am

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Its got us respect and considered the best team in London at present. :thumbsup:

But, toss up now between your lot and Chelski.....who knows your guys might finish 5th. :smilin:

Spurs have a long way to go before they gain anywhere near the global reputation of Arsenal. I'm not bothered where we finish this season, 4th place isn't a trophy neither is 2nd or 3rd, so unless you win it, you've won nothing - 5th or 17th makes no difference now.

and we've always got next season. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:51 am

Sunny wrote:Always a pleasure chatting to you TJ!!!......makes my day! :pmsl: :Hiya:

Yep! been a while since I've given a Spurs supoorter a drubbing. :Hiya:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mickyboy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Come on u Spurs.........
Mickyboy

Postby Rockstar » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:41 pm

#NotToday

2-3 to Utd. :canny:
Rockstar

Postby Jay Jay » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Or Burnley. :gigglesnshit:
Jay Jay

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:12 am

I suppose the game of the weekend was always going to be Manchester City v Manchester United. City needed to beat their neighbours to be confirmed as champions so all eyes centred on the city of Manchester.

City came out and did what they've been doing all season, pressing the game with United struggling to contain them. By 30 minutes it looked like the game was over, two goals in quick succession saw City rampant and United lost at sea. Raheem Sterling wasted three perfect opportunities to put the game to bed and out of reach by half time, his poor finishing again the factor. The half ended with City 2-0 to the good.

Jose Mourinho must have done some team talk at half time as United came out a different side for the second half. Within 10 minutes of the restart, United were level and City left stunned. As good as City were in the first half, United were in the second and Guardiola's men looked helpless. Then with 20 minutes to go Smalling got on the end of a Sanchez free kick and United turned the tables on their city rivals, taking a 2-3 lead.

Despite Guardiola bringing on big guns Aguero and De Bruyne who it's assumed were being 'saved' for Tuesday's Champions league game, City were unable to claw the game back.

The game ended with City taking their second league defeat of the season, so much for emulating the 'Invincibles', their first at home since December 2016.

To be fair both teams should have finished the game with ten men, crunching studs up tackles from Young and Fernandino should have seen them get their marching orders and City a penalty for the first one.

Man City have now lost back to back games, could it be that the wheels are coming off their train and season? The title is a certainty but the owners want the champions league and on these past two performances, that's looking increasingly unlikely.

The other game at the top yesterday saw Everton hold Liverpool to a 0-0 'snore draw' with Klopp giving the impression that it's all about Tuesday night, Man City and the Champions league. Yeah Right.

Chelsea face West Ham at Stamford Bridge later today (do they ever play away games?) and Arsenal have a visit from Southampton before that.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:20 am

With the top of league pretty much sorted except for some shuffling of positions, the focus as it tends to do at this time of year fell on the relegation battle.

With Southampton playing today it was up to bottom feeders West Brom and Stoke to give themselves a mental advantage, neither did. It seems that apart from some miracles, both will go down, with the final place still anyone's guess.

West Borm were perhaps unfortunate not to get all three points against Swansea, the better side for most of the game, they were stunned by an equaliser 15 minutes from time, the game ending 1-1. The Baggies are doomed.

Likewise with Stoke, they would have felt at least something from the game would justify their stout performance against a Spurs side who couldn't break them down in the first half. The Londoners took the lead early in the second half after poor defending allowed Eriksen to slot home unchallenged. Diouf equalised 5 minutes later despite Lloris trying to take him out with a vicious challenge. More clear cut chances came to Stoke which they wasted and were finally undone when a free kick to nothing from Eriksen found the back of the net, despite Harry Kane trying to claim it came off him. The match finished 1-2.

Crystal Palace must wonder if they've upset the gods of football, another fantastic display at Bournemouth should have seen them come away with all three points, instead they were left deflated by an 89th minute equaliser, coming away with a point in a 2-2 draw.

Rafa Benitez and his Newcastle side are all but safe from the drop now after an emphatic performance at Leicester saw them claim all the points in a 1-2 victory against the erstwhile champions.

Brighton and Huddersfield beat out 1-1 draw which won't have helped either sides nerves as they look below them at that final relegation spot.

Sean Dyche's Burnley continue their fantastic season with a chance at European football next with 1-2 victory over Watford away from home. Dyche must be up for manager of the season, he won't get it of course.

So with 5/6 games left there are 7 clubs who could potentially join the bottom two in the championship next season but there are no outstanding candidates so it will be a nerve racking end of season for many supporters.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Jay Jay » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:06 am

Lloris's challenge was Schumacheresque
Jay Jay

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 am

Jay Jay wrote:Lloris's challenge was Schumacheresque

In my opinion Lloris should have been sent off for that challenge. The fact that Diouf scored gave the ref the excuse to avoid making the decision.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive