What you up to today?

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today?

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:20 pm

measurer wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:I've had a shit day, doing some bloody online stuff for work on what is supposed to be a day off. It could be worse, though, they could have called me to go in. What a shame I haven't been able to locate my phone, all day.

Binge watching T.V.tonight. Or a film if the box is rubbish.

Sounds like me you're talking of. Maybe I should accidentally on purpose lose the bloody fone! :thumbsup:

And, I can't even have a glass of wine, tonight. The only lubricant I can see in the fridge is a bottle of budweisers.
Cleopatra

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 pm

I hope your evening improved, ladies! :wubbers:
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:23 pm

For me it did, as I logged off of here real early, then sat watching Peaky Blinders. I have another 2 seasons to get thru yet.
measurer

Postby Goodwife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 pm

measurer wrote:For me it did, as I logged off of here real early, then sat watching Peaky Blinders. I have another 2 seasons to get thru yet.

Its really good isn't it?

i watchedthe whole lots over xmas/new year when it was free on iplayer
Goodwife

Postby measurer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm

I download them and watch on laptop. Yea, so far enjoying it but some of the music is crap. I know some is gloomy enough for the setting but sometimes it bloody annoys me.
measurer

Postby Goodwife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Yeah it is a bit, not really my kind of music. They have different singers singing the theme tune further on
Goodwife

Postby Keyser » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:32 pm

measurer wrote:I download them and watch on laptop. Yea, so far enjoying it but some of the music is crap. I know some is gloomy enough for the setting but sometimes it bloody annoys me.

:snooty:

Keyser

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:18 pm

One of the benefits of drawing out designs in the iPad is they pass as colouring pages for the kids too. Especially useful during half term when I have work to do.
Attachments
D8A968D7-7D82-4AAC-91FD-4286ED97DD2D.jpeg
NastyNickers

Postby dis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 pm

I have had a change of tablets which will either make me feel a bit better or make me really ill, so I am waiting to see what will happen. It's making me on edge.

I might get a book and read it, take my mind off it.

I'm supposed to be taking it easy but I keep having to get up to stop my dog digging holes all over the garden. :shake head: it's worth getting up for the guilty face she does.
dis

Postby Keyser » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:00 pm

NastyNickers wrote:One of the benefits of drawing out designs in the iPad is they pass as colouring pages for the kids too. Especially useful during half term when I have work to do.

:thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Lucian Deville » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi

We have been busy and worried for the last couple of weeks.

We thought we'd share our good news with you.

Our grandson/prince had an appt ay GOSH today, second one, all good but will see him again in May :)

Lucian had an appt just before noon, some further tests and checks to see if the dreaded thing had retruned. Good news, we are 6 months free of it so very good news indeed. But there are more checks for something else, hopefully nothing much.

The first thing we returned was not to go to our humble home but see our prince as his mum and day had both taken the day off for the appt, we would have gone as well if it was not for our appt.

Best wishes to all nice posters here

:) :)
Lucian Deville

Postby Star » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Lucian Deville wrote:Hi

Our grandson/prince had an appt ay GOSH today, second one, all good but will see him again in May :)

Lucian had an appt just before noon, some further tests and checks to see if the dreaded thing had retruned. Good news, we are 6 months free of it so very good news indeed. But there are more checks for something else, hopefully nothing much.

The first thing we returned was not to go to our humble home but see our prince as his mum and day had both taken the day off for the appt, we would have gone as well if it was not for our appt.

Hi Lucian. Great news,pleased to hear that your grandson has received good news.
Fingers crossed that all is ok with you :smilin: Sending my best wishes to Mrs D :smilin:
Star

Postby measurer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Same worries last year, so understand your fear, but 6 months clear, you're doing well. Happy for you and your family.
measurer

Postby measurer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Keyser wrote:
measurer wrote:I download them and watch on laptop. Yea, so far enjoying it but some of the music is crap. I know some is gloomy enough for the setting but sometimes it bloody annoys me.

:snooty:

Ah that explains it - always though Nick Cave was rubbish! :gigglesnshit:
measurer

Postby Lucian Deville » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Star wrote:
Lucian Deville wrote:Hi

Hi Lucian. Great news,pleased to hear that your grandson has received good news.
Fingers crossed that all is ok with you :smilin: Sending my best wishes to Mrs D :smilin:

Hi Star

Many thanks for your very kind comments re our prince, us and Mrs D :) :)

You may recall we jacked in our FT job last year, it was because of that. We aimed to retire at 60 as got company and three private pensions on the go. However, as soon as we got an idea re what it was, we just left work, work ownned us several weeks of A/L inc what we had carried over and offical retired at over 50 and well under 55 :)

Mrs D retired earlier in the year that was planned a long time ago, ie when we became grandparents, we had decided that Mrs D would pack up work and look after our prince/princess when their mummy ret to work, so when the prince was a couple of months old Mrs D jacked in her job. But then we became unwell.

We are lucky that we have worked hard, spent wisely invested well, and saved for a rainy day. Our state pensions do not kick in until we are 67 :( - we will get even less as we have stopped paying stamps and not, never will sign on. Not bothering with the voluntary contributions either, but not really sure how they work.

That's why we sold one of the cars and pocketed a tidy amount and saving thousands on the servicing and depreciaton of the humble car. The 2 other cars remain but no more grand plans to by brand new cars every 2/3 years :)

Funny as it is, at times we feel like returning to work as we were told that there is a job there for us if we want it, but trying to get up at 7-20 in the morning in winter, having a shower, bite to eat, bit of tv and radio and then having to leave by 08-45 reminds us of the harsh realtively of a 34 hour a week hard slog, so we are permantely retired, fact :) :)
Lucian Deville

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive