What you up to today?

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today?

Postby Star » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:
Yeah - there's a couple of Teppanyaki (sp?) places along the way, if we ever fancy going Japanesee.

But you know me, Stooo - I'm usually up for pretty much any kind of 'beef' :mrgreen:

Are you partial to a pork sword as well? :smilin:

Smooth...

Just wait till Stooo gets his red car, they’ll be no stopping him :laughing:
Star

Postby Albert Tatlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Watching The Guns of Navarone on plus 1 cos I is a rebel
Albert Tatlock

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:50 pm

measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:
Star wrote:Was out this morning doing bits n bobs, now watching the figure skating!

If I were down there, you'd find me in Marton at Tesco, Next and Matalan! That Tesco is mahoosive - love it. Asda is good too on Cherry Tree road, but I do seem to spend rather a lot of time in the former lot when down by you.

Both the Asda and the Tesco there are friggin huge. We usually do the Tesco because I always find a reason to be in next, and my other half is not a fan of shopping :woteva:

HAHAHAHA! Mine stays at the caravan and leaves me to it! There used to be some good shops down there but I have noticed a decline, tho I see they are trying to up the place. Like most towns, these out of town supermarkets have killed off the High Street, but there are signs that the small businesses are fighting back.
I remember going once and a lot of Scots were buying their meat down there and taking it home with them. I noticed that butcher is no longer there.

And my favourite cafe down there is - wait for it - Dean's! Excellent food, value and service, and I can sit outside if nice while eating my breakfast/lunch and have a ciggie after I have finished. Bliss!

Mine would stay at the bar on the site if he could, but if he did he’d have to have both kids with him, so shopping is the lesser of two evils!
Do you have a ‘van on the mere?

We’ve noticed a decline in the eateries. We used to go to the plough but that went right downhill. And then the other place was taken over by a Toby, and I am not a fan.
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:54 pm

No, we book it for the start of September usually - bit of a tradition tbh. I am a fair freak and have to talk my son into going with me! ( It's not as much fun yourself!). He indulges me - grudgingly!
And yes, Marton Mere. I have some lovely shots of the Tower taken from the mere, as the birds are flocking and the sun is setting.
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:04 pm

measurer wrote:No, we book it for the start of September usually - bit of a tradition tbh. I am a fair freak and have to talk my son into going with me! ( It's not as much fun yourself!). He indulges me - grudgingly!
And yes, Marton Mere. I have some lovely shots of the Tower taken from the mere, as the birds are flocking and the sun is setting.

Ahhh. My in laws have one there, so the kids spend most of their weekends there. Me not so much, I’m not built for caravan, I freeze my fucking tits off trying to sleep there. I love taking the dog down for the day though and walking the mere.
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:No, we book it for the start of September usually - bit of a tradition tbh. I am a fair freak and have to talk my son into going with me! ( It's not as much fun yourself!). He indulges me - grudgingly!

Ahhh. My in laws have one there, so the kids spend most of their weekends there. Me not so much, I’m not built for caravan, I freeze my fucking tits off trying to sleep there. I love taking the dog down for the day though and walking the mere.

A lot have double glazing and C/H now. Looks like they had a massive revamp. Nearly all new vans, and if not new - renovated. I can do it for 5 days, but that's it for me. My dog chases the bunny rabbits - nightmare trying to catch the wee midden, so I keep her leashed when outside now! She loves the Mere too, we walk there a lot.
measurer

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Blackpool is where the dregs and chavs go for their cheap holidays. Horrible place...
Dean

Postby Star » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:10 pm

NastyNickers wrote:

Are they like those static homes. They look lovely, I wouldn’t mind one of those when I’m retiring age.
Star

Postby Star » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Dean wrote:Blackpool is where the dregs and chavs go for their cheap holidays. Horrible place...

You orrible lil man, how rude :laughing:
Star

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Dean wrote:Blackpool is where the dregs and chavs go for their cheap holidays. Horrible place...

You've obviously never been to Hastings...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Says the man from brum :kinell:
Goodwife

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Goodwife wrote:

Second city, some wonderful places in Birmingham.
Dean

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Stooo wrote:

You've obviously never been to Hastings...

They filmed Foyle's War around there, a couple of main shots of the old town but mostly shot around Rye. :cheers:

Postby Star » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Dean wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Second city, some wonderful places in Birmingham.

As there are in B’pool ... town centre is rough
Star

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 pm

measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

A lot have double glazing and C/H now. Looks like they had a massive revamp. Nearly all new vans, and if not new - renovated. I can do it for 5 days, but that's it for me. My dog chases the bunny rabbits - nightmare trying to catch the wee midden, so I keep her leashed when outside now! She loves the Mere too, we walk there a lot.

I think it depends on which bit you go to. My in laws have nothing but issues. Most of the vans there are privately owned, but the site is supposed to do certain things. They don’t.
I love it though. It’s only 40 minutes down the motorway for us, so the perfect base for day trips.
NastyNickers

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive