DS and DTV - Part 86

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:11 pm

3 wrote:
jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Any idea what to do for an overstretched shoulder? I’d normally cycle hot and cold, but it’s been days and I still can’t even hold a fucking brew in my right arm. :grrrrr:
http://firstaidcprvictoria.ca/shoulder-injuries-caused-by-overstretching-the-arms/

This link may help I haven't read it all though. I'd guess maybe a tad more patience is needed, but if things don't relieve soon you should probably go and see your GP.

You've been in the wars the last day or two, is the headache better?


Yeah the head is much better today, thank you! I can get arm weakness with my migraines, so I thought that was my issue at first. But the head is better and the arm is not.

One thing after another I swear. Im a fucking demic.


Things happen for a reason a lot of the time if you believe in karma.

Explains your bad back, your impotence and your skin problems to name but a few....karma's a bitch.

Your personality? who the fuck knows where that was mined. :dunno:


what 'skin problems'?? :kinell:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Have some decorum ladies it's like having 3 Keysers about. :mrgreen:


PS
Not a bad thing Keyser just a JK.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 7963
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:30 pm

jp761 wrote:Have some decorum ladies it's like having 3 Keysers about. :mrgreen:


PS
Not a bad thing Keyser just a JK.


no you were right the first time, one pissed sexually frustrated perv and the unfunny smut images he posts is more than enough thanks! :pukeup:
User avatar
Guest
 

DS and DTV - Part 86

Postby Jilly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:Big welcome to Jilly btw.


Thank you I am not here to cause trouble it has been difficult reading the forum for several months and not posting, you might get a better idea of what I am like away from DS.
User avatar
Jilly
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 am

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
Moving on to what though? Why does everyone believe that the world is moving on to something better? I'm not upset. I'm merely expressing an opinion. Universities can and do stifle debate, they often don't allow people to speak in case it causes offence. Look at the silliness surrounding the removal of historic statues. Our history wasn't great, no country's was, but it's what made us who we are today and we should be celebrating the fact that we have moved on from the past and learned by our mistakes. Yet we should also remember the past because when we make those mistakes again, it's there to remind us.

I realise young people are our future, but that doesn't mean that we all have to be called intolerant just because we don't share their views. If that is the case, what a bonkers form of democracy we have become.


Removed historical statues are simply replaced with other historical statues... why should it be objectional historical twats who get the spot? Standing up and saying you don't want someone speaking is part of the discussion... it becomes part of the debate and protest has and always will be a valid part of a free democracy... why should the press use it's escessive influence to interfere in the running of Universities and it's students?


That's better you are now getting back to form. Some of us are genuinely upset at things like homophobia and to have you expose Wizzywick for it and then be all shits and giggles with him over jam and scones is quite confusing.it's as if homophobia was nothing worth getting upset over afterall.
If a tory politician was exposed for being all jokey and matey with a known homophobe I suspect you and many others would rightly condemn them.

You are better than that.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Happy Mothers Day » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:39 pm

I'm with the young people, a generation with huge potential, just not with the hypocritical fuckwit hive mind on DS politics.
User avatar
Happy Mothers Day
 

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:41 pm

wizzywick wrote:
Stooo wrote:
wizzywick wrote:Y
ou like to know the full facts and you are not phobic or prejudiced! Lol you have assumed my age based on little information and on the basis of my alleged age you have shown prejudice and I have nasty assumptions.
You are consistent in having something against younger people with all the negative assumptions you make about people based on their age.
So often on digital spy you seemed to have an issue with younger people. Do you still blame them? Are you still angry and bitter with them for their part in the tories losing their majority?
You being scrupulous about having the full facts before commenting and not having prejudices about others will be news to many on digital spy forums. You are sorry were one of the most parochial souls on digital spy.
Does it matter if I am a moderator or a friend of a moderator? You know what I am saying is true.
Members can be moderators on digital spy forums but you never know who though.


Yes, I am prejudiced towards young people BlackSwann. But that's because most of them are thick as shit and want most of our history eradicated because what went on in the past offends them so much. You youngsters worship idiots like Lilly Allen and Monroe Bergdoff. You drink Red Bull by the gallon instead of tea and then wonder why you're always tired and miserable. You assume you're all hard done by all the time and expect the world to provide for you. It has nothing to do with politics. I couldn't care how people vote, it's their choice. I don't hold grudges over voting preferences. But the real reason I resent young people, well, not resent as that is unfair, I don't resent anyone, but am annoyed with young people, is because they have this arrogance that makes them think that how they think should be the way everyone thinks. They can not stand being picked up on their views and any single criticism of anything is classed as intolerant. They have a vision of what they think the world should be like and expect it to be that way, but when they realise that most of the world are not conforming to that ideal, they cry like babies and call everybody names.

So you say members on DS can be moderators? Yes? Well, well, well, then DS moderators are lying shits then because they told one of our members that they can not be moderators. And if they are moderating in secret, that's pretty low. It would be the only forum that operates an incognito moderator system. As I say, we all have prejudices, but why don't you post as a person and not as a guest?. DS is only going in One Direction, and that isn't upwards.


You need to get out more. Some of those young people are our future doctors, nurses and policemen. University is the place to have these debates and always have been, they're our oldest institutions and some of the greatest inventions in the world have come from them.

Stop getting upset and realise that the world is moving on.


Moving on to what though? Why does everyone believe that the world is moving on to something better? I'm not upset. I'm merely expressing an opinion. Universities can and do stifle debate, they often don't allow people to speak in case it causes offence. Look at the silliness surrounding the removal of historic statues. Our history wasn't great, no country's was, but it's what made us who we are today and we should be celebrating the fact that we have moved on from the past and learned by our mistakes. Yet we should also remember the past because when we make those mistakes again, it's there to remind us.

I realise young people are our future, but that doesn't mean that we all have to be called intolerant just because we don't share their views. If that is the case, what a bonkers form of democracy we have become.


Don't complain about people making generalisations about people based on age when you are casually doing that very thing yourself.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Tories Out wrote:
wizzywick wrote:Yes, I am prejudiced towards young people BlackSwann. But that's because most of them are thick as shit and want most of our history eradicated because what went on in the past offends them so much. You youngsters worship idiots like Lilly Allen and Monroe Bergdoff. You drink Red Bull by the gallon instead of tea and then wonder why you're always tired and miserable. You assume you're all hard done by all the time and expect the world to provide for you. It has nothing to do with politics. I couldn't care how people vote, it's their choice. I don't hold grudges over voting preferences. But the real reason I resent young people, well, not resent as that is unfair, I don't resent anyone, but am annoyed with young people, is because they have this arrogance that makes them think that how they think should be the way everyone thinks. They can not stand being picked up on their views and any single criticism of anything is classed as intolerant. They have a vision of what they think the world should be like and expect it to be that way, but when they realise that most of the world are not conforming to that ideal, they cry like babies and call everybody names.

So you say members on DS can be moderators? Yes? Well, well, well, then DS moderators are lying shits then because they told one of our members that they can not be moderators. And if they are moderating in secret, that's pretty low. It would be the only forum that operates an incognito moderator system. As I say, we all have prejudices, but why don't you post as a person and not as a guest?. DS is only going in One Direction, and that isn't upwards.

Oh dear! What a load of patronising Tory guff :hand:

I preferred it when Odie was taking the piss out of this pompous arsehole, not sucking up to him :shake head:


I am dismayed too. I have no idea why Odessa has taken having a truce with someone to means you suck up to them.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:46 pm

I see Hildaonpluto has rocked back up with his shit stirring antics. I can smell you a mile away.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Odessa Steps » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Guest wrote:

How do you know so much about how the moderating works then?


Gosh... you boxed me into a corner... yes I am and many others are secret moderators... :cuppaT:

I can see how this persistant paranoid rumour has ticked along nicely... you admit it then you're a mod, you deny it you must be a mod...
User avatar
Odessa Steps
 
Posts: 3444
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:
Guest wrote:

How do you know so much about how the moderating works then?


Gosh... you boxed me into a corner... yes I am many others are secret moderators... :cuppaT:

I can see how this persistant paranoid rumour has ticked along nicely... you admit it then you're a mod, you deny it you must be a mod...

You claim no one is a mod and a member how do you know this FOR SURE?

If you don't know then you shouldn't be claiming it as a fact.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:51 pm

]ou like to know the full facts and you are not phobic or prejudiced! Lol you have assumed my age based on little information and on the basis of my alleged age you have shown prejudice and I have nasty assumptions.
You are consistent in having something against younger people with all the negative assumptions you make about people based on their age.
So often on digital spy you seemed to have an issue with younger people. Do you still blame them? Are you still angry and bitter with them for their part in the tories losing their majority?
You being scrupulous about having the full facts before commenting and not having prejudices about others will be news to many on digital spy forums. You are sorry were one of the most parochial souls on digital spy.
Does it matter if I am a moderator or a friend of a moderator? You know what I am saying is true.
Members can be moderators on digital spy forums but you never know who though.[/quote]

Yes, I am prejudiced towards young people BlackSwann. But that's because most of them are thick as shit and want most of our history eradicated because what went on in the past offends them so much. You youngsters worship idiots like Lilly Allen and Monroe Bergdoff. You drink Red Bull by the gallon instead of tea and then wonder why you're always tired and miserable. You assume you're all hard done by all the time and expect the world to provide for you. It has nothing to do with politics. I couldn't care how people vote, it's their choice. I don't hold grudges over voting preferences. But the real reason I resent young people, well, not resent as that is unfair, I don't resent anyone, but am annoyed with young people, is because they have this arrogance that makes them think that how they think should be the way everyone thinks. They can not stand being picked up on their views and any single criticism of anything is classed as intolerant. They have a vision of what they think the world should be like and expect it to be that way, but when they realise that most of the world are not conforming to that ideal, they cry like babies and call everybody names.

So you say members on DS can be moderators? Yes? Well, well, well, then DS moderators are lying shits then because they told one of our members that they can not be moderators. And if they are moderating in secret, that's pretty low. It would be the only forum that operates an incognito moderator system. As I say, we all have prejudices, but why don't you post as a person and not as a guest?. DS is only going in One Direction, and that isn't upwards.[/quote]

Well that’s a whole load of bollocks.
You assume all young young people to be the same. They aren’t.[/quote]

No, I'm sure you're right. The impression you get from them on social media though is that they are all like that. To be honest, social media brings out the worst in everybody. If a young person could convince though that I'm a total tit for having those views and persuades me to think otherwise, I am of course happy, and hopeful, to be proved wrong. Views come from the way you perceive things to be. And currently, that's how social media, and indeed on Press Previews on Telly when young people are on it, depicts young people to be.[/quote]

Some young people. Young people now are no different to other generations young people. Twitter just makes it easier to be heard. We don’t have to picket anymore, we can sit on our arse and eat M&Ms and still get our voices heard.

Me and puzz for example. Same age, opposite ends of the political spectrum.[/quote]

Fair point. Thanks for replying. I do see what you are saying. But do you not think that's where the perception of young people being the way I described comes from? I mean, that in my day (yeah, last century) we went out and mingled with lots of different people and we would sit in parks drinking cola until 2am in the morning discussing things or just putting the world to right. But we learned each others prejudices and accepted them.

Nowadays twitter attracts like minded people and of course that is fine, but it means the debate and the countering of a view is not being brought to the fore. It is great that we have moved on in some respects, but in other ways I think it's a form of regression. Just how I see it.[/quote]

Your old enough to understand the difference between perception and reality though?
There is much more debate and variety of thoughts amongst young people than you give credit for.
Your opinions seem to reflect a newspapers take on the young rather than the more complicated and less oh dear its all awful of reality.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby Odessa Steps » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Odessa Steps wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
Moving on to what though? Why does everyone believe that the world is moving on to something better? I'm not upset. I'm merely expressing an opinion. Universities can and do stifle debate, they often don't allow people to speak in case it causes offence. Look at the silliness surrounding the removal of historic statues. Our history wasn't great, no country's was, but it's what made us who we are today and we should be celebrating the fact that we have moved on from the past and learned by our mistakes. Yet we should also remember the past because when we make those mistakes again, it's there to remind us.

I realise young people are our future, but that doesn't mean that we all have to be called intolerant just because we don't share their views. If that is the case, what a bonkers form of democracy we have become.


Removed historical statues are simply replaced with other historical statues... why should it be objectional historical twats who get the spot? Standing up and saying you don't want someone speaking is part of the discussion... it becomes part of the debate and protest has and always will be a valid part of a free democracy... why should the press use it's escessive influence to interfere in the running of Universities and it's students?


That's better you are now getting back to form. Some of us are genuinely upset at things like homophobia and to have you expose Wizzywick for it and then be all shits and giggles with him over jam and scones is quite confusing.it's as if homophobia was nothing worth getting upset over afterall.
If a tory politician was exposed for being all jokey and matey with a known homophobe I suspect you and many others would rightly condemn them.

You are better than that.


You worry too much :smilin:
User avatar
Odessa Steps
 
Posts: 3444
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:53 pm

wizzywick wrote:
Fair point. Thanks for replying. I do see what you are saying. But do you not think that's where the perception of young people being the way I described comes from? I mean, that in my day (yeah, last century) we went out and mingled with lots of different people and we would sit in parks drinking cola until 2am in the morning discussing things or just putting the world to right. But we learned each others prejudices and accepted them.

Nowadays twitter attracts like minded people and of course that is fine, but it means the debate and the countering of a view is not being brought to the fore. It is great that we have moved on in some respects, but in other ways I think it's a form of regression. Just how I see it.


Only from those who believe twitter is the perfect example of young people everywhere.
I’m 28, so on the older side of the young people category, but I’m a socia media generation. We still go out and socialise, although we usually sat in a pub till 4am waffling shit and drinking pints. My best friend is a Tory voter, he’s also a transgender gay man bringing up a little girl with his husband.
We’re a more inclusive generation on the whole, of give you that. Being gay isn’t illegal now, and we celebrate their right to be equal. Racism is frowned upon by the majority, and we fight for equality for everyone. This was all fought for by the generations before us though, it’s your generation that should take the credit for the youngsters liberal-ness.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 5150
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: DS and DTV - Part 85

Postby wizzywick » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Happy Mothers Day wrote:I'm with the young people, a generation with huge potential, just not with the hypocritical fuckwit hive mind on DS politics.


OK, you have inspired me to see things from a different perspective. There are many young people who the twats I describe and most of them dwell on DS. But then there are the great many young people who want to focus on their future and do well by themselves and for their families. I was wrong to generalise.
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:18 am

Next

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests