Random Stuff Part 20

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part 20

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Dean wrote:Anyway, for those that asked he weighed in at 7lb 9oz. I’m not gonna post the name on here. I popped up to see him for a bit but there’s too many people wanting to have a look.

that's a good healthy weight, it's lovely news he's here.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Debating ripping this cast thing off myself. I’m not sure if you can tell in the photo, but my hand is bent at a weird angle, my fingers over lap because it extends over my knuckles and squeezes them together, and I can’t wiggle them to keep the circulation going. And the cast has rubbed a big raw patch on the skin between my thumb and finger.
I just want it off so I can have a good stretch.
:bawlin: :bawlin: :bawlin:

ffs Nic :yikes: I know you have an appointment with the fracture clinic but why wait, if the thing feels so tight that it's affecting your circulation? It sounds like it's so sore on your skin too. Shouldn't you maybe see someone asap?

Fracture clinic in the morning! And just a couple more hours left before I’m ready to sign off on some work.
I don’t understand why’ve they done the cast like this. Unless they asked if it was ok whilst I was on my ket trip and I was all ‘yeah it’s fiiiiiine’ :gigglesnshit:

don't stick anything inside the cast to have a scratch! if you break the skin it will get infected & go manky.

Postby dis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:53 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Debating ripping this cast thing off myself. I’m not sure if you can tell in the photo, but my hand is bent at a weird angle, my fingers over lap because it extends over my knuckles and squeezes them together, and I can’t wiggle them to keep the circulation going. And the cast has rubbed a big raw patch on the skin between my thumb and finger.

Did you go and see about it NN or did the swelling go down a bit by itself? You should maybe get it checked out, my mum had to get her plaster changed because it was too tight.
dis

Postby Vam » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:54 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Vam wrote:

ffs Nic :yikes: I know you have an appointment with the fracture clinic but why wait, if the thing feels so tight that it's affecting your circulation? It sounds like it's so sore on your skin too. Shouldn't you maybe see someone asap?

Fracture clinic in the morning! And just a couple more hours left before I’m ready to sign off on some work.
I don’t understand why’ve they done the cast like this. Unless they asked if it was ok whilst I was on my ket trip and I was all ‘yeah it’s fiiiiiine’ :gigglesnshit:

Hopefully, they might say you should be ok with a smaller (& looser!) cast by now, rather than one going all the way up your forearm. You must be going nuts with that thing on you! I can see how your fingers are overlapping :shake head:
Vam

Postby dis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Vicks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Have you got a knitting needle Nicks, a lot of people with stookies use them to scratch inside them.

I’ve been using paintbrushes :gigglesnshit:
I tried to get a nail file down there last night to shave away some of the cast, but that turned into a disaster.

I can mind reading about someone who was using pencils to scratch inside their stookie and when they went to get it removed, there was about half a dozen pencils stuck inside it. :laughing:

My husband got a ruler stuck up his stookie. The first day he got the stookie on his granny gave him a fried egg piece and the egg yolk ran up the inside it and it was there til it came off :pukeup:
dis

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:00 pm

dis wrote:
Did you go and see about it NN or did the swelling go down a bit by itself? You should maybe get it checked out, my mum had to get her plaster changed because it was too tight.

The swelling has gone down a bit by itself, dis. It’s still too tight, it makes my knuckles curl round. It’s a fucking silly shape. But I’m at the fracture clinic tomorrow, so I’m gunna demand it’s taken off. I’m pretty sure the cast itself is more painful than the break at this point.
I look like my hand is transforming into a claw. A sausage claw. :mrgreen:
Attachments
7D99E049-3F0B-4B9F-A0D1-E6A65767D925.jpeg
NastyNickers

Postby Star » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:01 pm

What the heck is a stookie :yikes:
Star

Postby Dean » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:01 pm

I fancy a sausage sandwich now for some reason...
Dean

Postby Dean » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Star wrote:What the heck is a stookie :yikes:

Process of elimination points towards a cast, star. Even you could have worked that out!
Dean

Postby Star » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Dean wrote:I fancy a sausage sandwich now for some reason...

Do you want sauce on that :laughing:
Star

Postby Star » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Dean wrote:
Star wrote:What the heck is a stookie :yikes:

Process of elimination points towards a cast, star. Even you could have worked that out!

I hope you are right Dean. Because dis said a ruler got stuck up his stookie :yikes:
Star

Postby Vicky » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 pm

dis wrote:
Vicks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Have you got a knitting needle Nicks, a lot of people with stookies use them to scratch inside them.

I’ve been using paintbrushes :gigglesnshit:
I tried to get a nail file down there last night to shave away some of the cast, but that turned into a disaster.

I can mind reading about someone who was using pencils to scratch inside their stookie and when they went to get it removed, there was about half a dozen pencils stuck inside it. :laughing:

My husband got a ruler stuck up his stookie. The first day he got the stookie on his granny gave him a fried egg piece and the egg yolk ran up the inside it and it was there til it came off :pukeup:

Oops!!

I've been lucky, I've never broken any bones.

Famous last words.

I'll probably fall down the stairs now.

:ooer:
Vicky

Postby dis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:10 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
dis wrote:

The swelling has gone down a bit by itself, dis. It’s still too tight, it makes my knuckles curl round. It’s a fucking silly shape. But I’m at the fracture clinic tomorrow, so I’m gunna demand it’s taken off. I’m pretty sure the cast itself is more painful than the break at this point.
I look like my hand is transforming into a claw. A sausage claw. :mrgreen:

A sausage claw :mrgreen:

Aye you should, my mum said the same that her cast was causing more pain than the break, it was too tight and it seemed to be pressing on a nerve and for ages after my mum had a hand like like a claw.
dis

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:11 pm

It was only last week (when I hurt my shoulder :roll: ) that I was saying at least I’ve never broke a bone. W

Sods fucking law.
NastyNickers

Postby Keyser » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:15 pm

NastyNickers wrote:It was only last week (when I hurt my shoulder :roll: ) that I was saying at least I’ve never broke a bone. W

Sods fucking law.

Yeah I have never broken a bone either.*

* Waits for the inevitable accident and trip to A+E. :ooer:
Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive