Random Stuff Part 20

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part 20

Postby Goodwife » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Stooo wrote:Another death on the M5 this morning. A leaper just past Tiverton, I went past maybe five minutes later (opposite carriageway) and his body was stuck in the road being shielded by some lorries and cars who were waiting for the emergency services to turn up.

I'm getting tired of seeing this carnage on the way to my route :shake head:

That is awful. No one needs to see that once never mind often

You need a route avoiding the M5!

Was reading in the paper at lunchtime some dude got caught on the M5 taking his wife to hosp. He was going like 105mph or something. Ridiculous
Goodwife

Postby Gabby » Wed May 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:Another death on the M5 this morning. A leaper just past Tiverton, I went past maybe five minutes later (opposite carriageway) and his body was stuck in the road being shielded by some lorries and cars who were waiting for the emergency services to turn up.

Far too many people die on the roads anyway for whatever reason, mostly down to the volume of traffic (which is often too high) and people driving too fast.

Many roads are death traps these days.

It's about the fact someone just fucking topped themselves in a very public manner.
I'm seeing more and more why people think you are extremely thick.

Maybe he missed the ‘leaper’ bit.... easy done :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Just as I suspected. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Goodwife » Wed May 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Trapper John wrote:Just as I suspected. :smilin:

Did you really expect anything else?
Goodwife

Postby Stooo » Wed May 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Goodwife wrote:

Was reading in the paper at lunchtime some dude got caught on the M5 taking his wife to hosp. He was going like 105mph or something. Ridiculous

I like Bridgwater too much.

If someone goes past me at a mental speed then I slow down and pull into the left lane just in case they have fucked up half a mile down the road.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Wed May 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Just as I suspected. :smilin:

Did you really expect anything else?

:ooer:
NastyNickers

Postby Stooo » Wed May 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

Far too many people die on the roads anyway for whatever reason, mostly down to the volume of traffic (which is often too high) and people driving too fast.

It's about the fact someone just fucking topped themselves in a very public manner.

The one that really fucked me up was the young woman who got laminated into the road after a central reservation crash a couple of months ago just before Taunton, she wandered, dazed into the carriageway and was hit many times. It's not the suicide, it's the death. I don't like seeing dead animals in the road let alone humans.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Wed May 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

The one that really fucked me up was the young woman who got laminated into the road after a central reservation crash a couple of months ago just before Taunton, she wandered, dazed into the carriageway and was hit many times. It's not the suicide, it's the death. I don't like seeing dead animals in the road let alone humans.

Oh I remember you posting about that. Beautiful young woman.

I got stuck in the aftermath of a jumper a couple of years ago. The poor fella had been pulled about and was spread across the carriageway. It’s a notorious jump spot near me on the M60. I think it’s near a mental health inpatient facility in Prestwich.
Thankfully most of the potential jumpers are talked down.
NastyNickers

Postby jra » Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

Whatever.
jra

Postby Goodwife » Wed May 02, 2018 7:21 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

I like Bridgwater too much.

If someone goes past me at a mental speed then I slow down and pull into the left lane just in case they have fucked up half a mile down the road.

Aww have to put up with it then. People just drive like knobheads nowadays!
Goodwife

Postby jra » Wed May 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Jem wrote:
jra wrote:

This isn't about road accidents. It's about a suicide.

That's sad, Stooo, and unpleasant for you to see.

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:

oh fuck off, rigsby. just for once try having some thought for another person.

Yes, I do feel sorry somewhat for the person concerned, but why don't you and others look at the bigger picture instead of slagging me off.

This person could have caused a massive pile up and the deaths of dozens of innocent people.

Suicide is often a selfish act because of the way it affects friends, family and other non connected innocent people.
jra

Postby Guest » Wed May 02, 2018 7:27 pm

jra wrote:
Jem wrote:
jra wrote:

This isn't about road accidents. It's about a suicide.

That's sad, Stooo, and unpleasant for you to see.

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:

oh fuck off, rigsby. just for once try having some thought for another person.

Yes, I do feel sorry somewhat for the person concerned, but why don't you and others look at the bigger picture instead of slagging me off.

This person could have caused a massive pile up and the deaths of dozens of innocent people.

Suicide is often a selfish act because of the way it affects friends, family and other non connected innocent people.

that has fuck all to do with your crass comment.

Postby Jem » Wed May 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Where did I slag you off?
Jem

Postby jra » Wed May 02, 2018 7:32 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

Whatever.

If you decide to commit suicide, do it in such a way that people outside of friends and family cannot be affected. :thumbsup:

Ask a London Underground driver how a one under affected their life. Ask the train driver, passengers family and friends who died in the Ufton Nervet train crash how they were affected by that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufton_Nervet_rail_crash
Last edited by jra on Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jra

Postby jra » Wed May 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Jem wrote:Where did I slag you off?

I wasn't referring to you, but guest.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive