What's on the menu tonight? pt 4

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 4

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 pm

malamute wrote:No cooking for me this week as am on holiday in Gran Canaria. :smilin:

Food is very good indeed - huge selection and all very nicely presented. We have a huge choice and we’ve had an Asian buffet and a Canarian buffet alongside normal food. No idea what it is tonight but I am really enjoying all the salads, grilled meats and fish. Its all I fancy when its really hot and the weather has been excellent every day so far.

Just come in from a full day wandering in the sunshine and sitting by the pool so its nice to cool off for a while.

Washed down with a nice cocktail I hope?
Dean

Postby measurer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Oh no, now you made me want papas arugardas with a big tortilla! :grrrrr:
measurer

Postby banana chewits » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:49 pm

measurer wrote:Oh no, now you made me want papas arugardas with a big tortilla! :grrrrr:

i've got another bagel that can best be described as ropey, if you want to help me out?
banana chewits

Postby dis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
dis wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
dis wrote:I’m doing good with my no eating crap stuff but only because my health issues have taken a dive and I feel hellish :mrgreen:

I hope I will feel well enough to get out for something to eat and a few drinks at the weekend.

oh dis :wubwub:

I forgot to post my menu but I’ve added it. Soon, I will be able to make it with my homegrown veg. :hap: Got a wee greenhouse on the go.

How are you doing wee Hobbit? :smilin:

I'm doing good, my tomatoes are looking proper healthy, but we grow gooseberries, blueberries, most of the main herbs, and chillies too

I can't be bothered with anything else

on topic maybe egg mayo sandwiches for tea

I have loads of herbs growing.

I quite like the idea of growing blueberries, I eat a lot of them and make these great wee sponge cakes with chunks of marzipan and blueberries in them, they are delumpcious.

I had my soup and an orange ice lolly.
dis

Postby dis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 pm

banana chewits wrote:
dis wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
dis wrote:I’m doing good with my no eating crap stuff but only because my health issues have taken a dive and I feel hellish :mrgreen:

I hope I will feel well enough to get out for something to eat and a few drinks at the weekend.

oh dis :wubwub:

I forgot to post my menu but I’ve added it. Soon, I will be able to make it with my homegrown veg. :hap: Got a wee greenhouse on the go.

How are you doing wee Hobbit? :smilin:

what varieties are you growing, dis?

Oh I don't know the names, they are black, and yellow and red. Our first wee one came peeking out today :hap:

Next time I am out in the garden I will have a look.

My lavender smells amazing, we are growing lavender hedges. I might make have to make some lavender cakes or biscuits or something - I am not sure if they will taste nice though, I like the taste of violets but I can't remember ever having tasted anything lavendery.
dis

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:31 pm

I think lavender shortbread is a thing

it's supposed to be nice with a cup of earl grey
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:38 pm

dis wrote:
Oh I don't know the names, they are black, and yellow and red. Our first wee one came peeking out today :hap:

My lavender smells amazing, we are growing lavender hedges. I might make have to make some lavender cakes or biscuits or something - I am not sure if they will taste nice though, I like the taste of violets but I can't remember ever having tasted anything lavendery.

let me know if it works & i'll try it too. i'm experimenting on you first.
banana chewits

Postby dis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:38 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I think lavender shortbread is a thing

it's supposed to be nice with a cup of earl grey

It is a thing. I just don't know about it. I might make those wee scented bags to stick in my pant drawer or something.

edited

actually, I won't that would make them granny pants and I don't fancy the idea of that. :shame:
Last edited by dis on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dis

Postby dis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:40 pm

banana chewits wrote:
dis wrote:

I just thought there, lavender creams with dark chocolate might be nice.
dis

Postby banana chewits » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:41 pm

dis wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
dis wrote:

I just thought there, lavender creams with dark chocolate might be nice.

those would be just up my alley, you have great ideas!
banana chewits

Postby MG2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 pm

dis wrote:Oh I don't know the names, they are black, and yellow and red. Our first wee one came peeking out today :hap:

Hi dis, some advice please re the lavender? How do you keep it going one year to the next. Without fail mine go all woody and die.

OT: I made a version of a filet of fish and it was pure disgusting.
MG2

Postby dis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 pm

MG2 wrote:
dis wrote:Oh I don't know the names, they are black, and yellow and red. Our first wee one came peeking out today :hap:

Hi dis, some advice please re the lavender? How do you keep it going one year to the next. Without fail mine go all woody and die.

I am not sure MG. We have just planted a whole load of small plants. I have had previous ones that have gone woody.
dis

Postby MG2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 pm

dis wrote:
MG2 wrote:

I am not sure MG. We have just planted a whole load of small plants. I have had previous ones that have gone woody.

Thanks, dis. Luck of the draw then. Anyone else got any tips?
MG2

Postby Dimples » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 pm

MG2 wrote:
dis wrote:
MG2 wrote:

Thanks, dis. Luck of the draw then. Anyone else got any tips?

No idea MG. I don't seem to have a lot of luck with lavender either, for some reason. I try every year though. :gigglesnshit:

We have, however, this year had some better success with growing clematis. Every year, it's looked kind of promising, but then it fades away and gives up. Last winter, for the first time, I did not cut all the dead stuff back... and lo and behold, it started growing from the existing stalk and is doing really well. Turns out that some clematis plants are not supposed to be cut back each year... because they grow on old wood. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby Text » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Smoked ham sarnies. The ham was nice enough but it did not taste very 'smoked' at all. :pmsl:
Felt short-changed somehow. :pmsl:
Text

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive