In The Interest Of The Site...

Big Threads

Re: In The Interest Of The Site...

Postby McAz » Mon May 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind - and any act of kindness has my support.
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:And for Micky, I'm considering banning him during the week from nine until five so that he can get on and look for a job. God knows what would happen if the JS staff found out that thesleepingdogs.net isn't actually a recruitment agency.

I haven't made a decision and I'd welcome some feedback :maryxmas:

Given its normally Holly and Hobbits overlapping shifts maybe they should decide

Bit weird you are inviting discussion on moderation when earlier discussion end up with locked threads and demands not to speak :dunno: can't have it both ways

Yes I bloody can! :snooty:

I try to involve the community in a public service and all I get back are really awful puns from Dimples and a :dafinger: from you!

There's no pleasing some people...

i think it's a lovely caring gesture & obviously only being done for micky's benefit. he'll thank you one day

Postby Stooo » Mon May 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:And for Micky, I'm considering banning him during the week from nine until five so that he can get on and look for a job. God knows what would happen if the JS staff found out that thesleepingdogs.net isn't actually a recruitment agency.

Given its normally Holly and Hobbits overlapping shifts maybe they should decide

Bit weird you are inviting discussion on moderation when earlier discussion end up with locked threads and demands not to speak :dunno: can't have it both ways

I try to involve the community in a public service and all I get back are really awful puns from Dimples and a :dafinger: from you!

Ok well lets think this through logically. If Micky is banned during the day who is Dean going to bully? It means that everyday will be a loop of JRA being tormented by Everyone

I though Dimples was being funny :gigglesnshit: & I was trying to avoid the trap of being banned :razz:

Dean has a job, he runs his own SME and he has nothing to do with this so far. I'm trying to strike out primarily to get old idle bollocks earning and also to lessen the the strain on the public purse. :bum:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Mon May 28, 2018 3:11 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Ok well lets think this through logically. If Micky is banned during the day who is Dean going to bully? It means that everyday will be a loop of JRA being tormented by Everyone

I though Dimples was being funny :gigglesnshit: & I was trying to avoid the trap of being banned :razz:

Dean has a job, he runs his own SME and he has nothing to do with this so far. I'm trying to strike out primarily to get old idle bollocks earning and also to lessen the the strain on the public purse. :bum:

I was just thinking of the bigger picture :gigglesnshit:
Hmm why not give it a trial then

Or why not set up a job thread for Micky. Maybe people could search out jobs for him and he can apply

Reward of a yrs immunity from being banned if someone successfully finds him a job

Edit to add, actually thats a bad idea from me. You don't want genuine job seekers ending up here
Last edited by Goodwife on Mon May 28, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Mon May 28, 2018 3:12 pm

micky is going to get his ass sanctioned to hell now he's on uc if he isn't careful.

he should be spending time applying for jobs instead of cunting out dean, rocky & the management here.

Postby Guest » Mon May 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Goodwife wrote:

Or why not set up a job thread for Micky. Maybe people could search out jobs for him and he can apply

Reward of a yrs immunity from being banned if someone successfully finds him a job

people have spent years giving him links to jobs. iirc rollup searched for hundreds of them for him.

none of them were good enough for micky.

Postby Goodwife » Mon May 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

people have spent years giving him links to jobs. iirc rollup searched for hundreds of them for him.

none of them were good enough for micky.

I saw Rollup give him good advice the other week to go for a driving job
Goodwife

Postby Stooo » Mon May 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Goodwife wrote:I was just thinking of the bigger picture :gigglesnshit:

Edit to add, actually thats a bad idea from me. You don't want genuine job seekers ending up here

As the guest has alluded it has been tried, our ragbag community goes back ages. We're internet pikeys...

Are you suggesting that Micky isn't a genuine job seeker? :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Mon May 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Stooo wrote:

As the guest has alluded it has been tried, our ragbag community goes back ages. We're internet pikeys...

Yes. If he was he would take anything that came along to tide him over till he found something in his preferred skillset. He would also spend his time job hunting without being forced into it.
Goodwife

Postby Claire » Mon May 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yes. If he was he would take anything that came along to tide him over till he found something in his preferred skillset. He would also spend his time job hunting without being forced into it.

This has been Micky since the Mirror Forum circa 2007.
Claire

Postby Stooo » Mon May 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Claire wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:

We owe him to do something to help.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Claire » Mon May 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
Claire wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:

We owe him to do something to help.

We've been trying for 11 years. If I remember it correctly he had a job as a welder at first - then came the piles incident - ( :gigglesnshit: ), and it's been "Monday" ever since.
Claire

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rockstar wrote:There should be an automated setup for the ban/unban timings...Budgie or Gigabit can provide some help....

Micki will go crazy if he is not unbanned on time...You don't want to see more accusations of corruption :header:

I could just do it when I leave and come back home, he can share my hours :thumbsup:

I have to say there is some merit in that. I used to do that for one of my ex's kids when he didn't have work after he finished school. I would make him get up the same time as me and he wasn't allowed home until I got in.

It sounds harsh but it instills an ethic of getting up at a regular time and all that goes with it. I'd like to think it worked because he did get a job a bit later and he was never late, in fact he was up before me on many occasions.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Stooo » Mon May 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Claire wrote:
We've been trying for 11 years. If I remember it correctly he had a job as a welder at first - then came the piles incident - ( :gigglesnshit: ), and it's been "Monday" ever since.

Clementgate, painful times... :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Claire » Mon May 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Claire wrote:

Clementgate, painful times... :yikes:

A whole forum waiting to see how the Op went :gigglesnshit:
Claire

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive