The Nice Chat Thread...

Big Threads

Re: The Nice Chat Thread...

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:50 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
So there was a time when I was avoiding visiting my dentist and was self medicating with paracetamol (Enzoflam) and ibuprofen.(I cannot stress enough how much I hate going to a dentist)

Eventually I had to go for the root canal treatment.. And when I told her how I was avoiding her for weeks, she told me that paracetamol deposits in kidney can result in kidney failure and it doesn't flush out completely. I try to avoid it since.

paracetamol is dangerous in high doses, or doses which are too close together. if you are healthy and don't have any kidney problems, it is generally safe to have no more than 8 x 500mg in any rolling 24 hour period. ideally take 2 at a time with a gap of at least 6 hours, preferably 8 hours in between doses. never be tempted to take more, some people are more susceptible than others to paracetamol poisoning. also, don't take any other medication which contains paracetamol.

Thanks.100% of it flushes from the body leaving no deposits?
Rockstar

Postby banana chewits » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Rockstar wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
So there was a time when I was avoiding visiting my dentist and was self medicating with paracetamol (Enzoflam) and ibuprofen.(I cannot stress enough how much I hate going to a dentist)

Eventually I had to go for the root canal treatment.. And when I told her how I was avoiding her for weeks, she told me that paracetamol deposits in kidney can result in kidney failure and it doesn't flush out completely. I try to avoid it since.

paracetamol is dangerous in high doses, or doses which are too close together. if you are healthy and don't have any kidney problems, it is generally safe to have no more than 8 x 500mg in any rolling 24 hour period. ideally take 2 at a time with a gap of at least 6 hours, preferably 8 hours in between doses. never be tempted to take more, some people are more susceptible than others to paracetamol poisoning. also, don't take any other medication which contains paracetamol.

this might be what your dentist was referring to:

Metabolites are excreted through the kidneys in the urine. Only 2-5% of the dose is excreted in an unchanged form in the urine. As a consequence of its short elimination half-life (1-3h), 24 hours after the ingestion of a single dose of paracetamol, 98% of the dose is eliminated.

taken from https://sepia.unil.ch/pharmacology/index.php?id=87

it's not that it builds up, it's that it takes longer than 24 hours to completely leave the kidneys.

if in doubt, err on the side of caution and don't take any, your long term health is more important than temporary pain.

edited to add, i am not medically qualified but your dentist is.
Last edited by banana chewits on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banana chewits

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Rockstar wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

You should never use it unnecessarily or for prolongued periods, long term use can be damaging. As per a friends gastro consultant.
Junglejayne

Postby MG2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Rockstar wrote:
MG2 wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Kill me? They looked like harmless Vitamin tablets when I googled. :ooer:

I don't like the temporary relief paracetamol gives. Cold has to be out of the system...So why delay it? I hope what I am trying to convey makes sense.

I will have lemon and honey water thanks to you and jra.

Berocca used to be used for extra energy and was causing palpitations in some. Of course they are fine with the majority but I felt very lively when I took them!

I understand what you are saying about paracetamol but they don't halt the cold itself just make you feel a little better while it's doing it's thing?

And good it does sooth some.

Fair enough that would worry you.
MG2

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:17 pm

15mg codien needs to be made legal
no fucking paracetamol
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm

@banana chewits,JungleJayne,Metalgirl2...

Thank you. Better safe than sorry. :hap:
Rockstar

Postby banana chewits » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Rockstar wrote:@banana chewits,JungleJayne,Metalgirl2...

Thank you. Better safe than sorry. :hap:

feel better soon. :smilin:
banana chewits

Postby Bella » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:15mg codien needs to be made legal
no fucking paracetamol

No,it's addictive and harmful, marijuana should be made legal in all forms...
Bella

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Bella wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:15mg codien needs to be made legal
no fucking paracetamol

No,it's addictive and harmful, marijuana should be made legal in all forms...

everything is addictive
end user
just coz it can be used for fun
should it be prohibited as medicine
:dunno:
fuck no...
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:25 pm

im training myself to use my left hand for the mouse
using a mouse for 20 years with my right is crippling me
lefty using is a bitch
:monkey:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Bella » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Shattered from the last few boiling hot days at work and early morning car boot and looking after children, day of rest tomorrow :smilin:
Bella

Postby jra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 am

Rockstar wrote:
MG2 wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:

I usually take 2 paracetamol and try to get some sleep. Olbas oil is good for blocked up noses on a tissue and on your pillow.

I'm avoiding paracetamol tbh..Will see what olbas oil is...Thanks.

Berocca :thumbsup:

Are you trying to kill him? He's already 'lively' :yikes:

And Rocky, why no paracetamol? I always have lots of hot honey and lemon drinks. Nice if your throat gets sore.

Kill me? They looked like harmless Vitamin tablets when I googled. :ooer:

I don't like the temporary relief paracetamol gives. Cold has to be out of the system...So why delay it? I hope what I am trying to convey makes sense.

I will have lemon and honey water thanks to you and jra.

You're confusing analgesics (pain killers) with antibiotics. Pain killers won't speed up/lesson the time you have a cold.
jra

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 am

nor will antibiotics, unless it's bacterial

paracetomol (or ibuprofen) will lower the temperature but only as a short term solution
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:34 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:
dis wrote:
Nucks wrote:No kebab shop nearby? :mrgreen:

I used to go to the baked potato shop and get a baked potato with cottage cheese and sweetcorn. So then I recreated it at home with smash, for quickness.

A baked potato shop?! Why have I not heard of this? :snooty:

Spud U Like? :dunno:

I was thinking that guesty

but maybe they had all closed down before Nucks lived here

I’ve been here just under 9 years so yeah, haven’t heard of them. Potato skins are nice, like large wedges, covered in cheese, bacon, spring onion, and sour cream.
:drool:
Nucks

Postby Dean » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:29 am

There’s a little stall at a big retail park in my neck of the woods that only sells bowls of sweet corn. It’s always 10 deep with people queuing up to buy some. Never knew it was so popular... :ooer:
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive