DS thread #101

Big Threads

Re: DS thread #101

Postby wizzywick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:07 am

Guest wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
Guest wrote:Wizzywick Hilda here thanks for replying.

One of the things in my mind is not just the consumers or customers in this situation but the increasing amount of people who make a living out of selling stuff online whether it be amazon eBay or some other online company or service. How do you see the future for the increasing number of people who occupy this growing sector of the economy if there are fewer post offices and post office services in the future? Is there a case for targeted government subsidy of the service in future in order to support people who make a living this way?

My niece supplements her income by selling used in good condition but no longer wanted household items on ebay. She puts up a list of items about three times a year after a clearout. She doesn't make a fortune on it but it does help out and make a difference as well as some of it being used to save up in her holiday fund for an Annual staycation.

I do wonder how this group of workers will fare in the future.


Amazon use their own delivery system and Royal Mail. Others use Hermes or Yodel because it's cheap. The online business will continue to grow because it has altered the high street and shops they used to frequent are slowly disappearing. You can organise a courier service for as little as £3.00.

Hilda, i genuinely have been wondering how you are. It's been a while since we caught up. You should PM me on the Trifle forum, you'd be more than welcome. I no longer discuss personal things about me publicly, but am quite happy to chat to you privately.


Hi I am too tired at the moment to give a full reply but I am surprised at your offer as I thought your forum was almost exclusively for tory supporting brexiters??!! I obviously am neither!

I'm not sure many of your existing posters would be pleased at me turning up there surely??


Oops, Gremlins in the system. The post above appeared twice!
Last edited by wizzywick on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:12 am

How can james Frederick say he doesn't know anyone into the football when he's stated he's a loner.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Cobs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 am

Guest wrote:How can james Frederick say he doesn't know anyone into the football when he's stated he's a loner.

Looks a consistent statement on the face of it.
User avatar
Cobs
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:53 pm

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 am

My account that sent waldo a nasty pm was perma banned already. I'll keep doing it though until I drive her off the forum. I really hate her.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby wizzywick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am

Cobs wrote:
Guest wrote:How can james Frederick say he doesn't know anyone into the football when he's stated he's a loner.

Looks a consistent statement on the face of it.


Yes, I thought the same thing.
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 am

Cobs wrote:
Guest wrote:How can james Frederick say he doesn't know anyone into the football when he's stated he's a loner.

Looks a consistent statement on the face of it.


True. If he is a sad loner, he won't know anyone into the football.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby wizzywick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

Guest wrote:My account that sent waldo a nasty pm was perma banned already. I'll keep doing it though until I drive her off the forum. I really hate her.


Why the need to send nasty PM's? I don't comprehend? :dunno:
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:27 am

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:DS is shit these days. You daren't post anything against Corbyn without being jumped on and if you do the usual suspect just come on and deflect by listing all the misdemeanours of the tories. They will never, ever accept that Corbyn can make a mistake. I just dont bother with the morons any more.

I see the twat Mesostim has joined in now.


No show without punch :smilin:


One punch and they were knocked out.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:53 am

wizzywick wrote:
Guest wrote:Wizzywick Hilda here thanks for replying.

One of the things in my mind is not just the consumers or customers in this situation but the increasing amount of people who make a living out of selling stuff online whether it be amazon eBay or some other online company or service. How do you see the future for the increasing number of people who occupy this growing sector of the economy if there are fewer post offices and post office services in the future? Is there a case for targeted government subsidy of the service in future in order to support people who make a living this way?

My niece supplements her income by selling used in good condition but no longer wanted household items on ebay. She puts up a list of items about three times a year after a clearout. She doesn't make a fortune on it but it does help out and make a difference as well as some of it being used to save up in her holiday fund for an Annual staycation.

I do wonder how this group of workers will fare in the future.


Amazon use their own delivery system and Royal Mail. Others use Hermes or Yodel because it's cheap. The online business will continue to grow because it has altered the high street and shops they used to frequent are slowly disappearing. You can organise a courier service for as little as £3.00.

Hilda, i genuinely have been wondering how you are. It's been a while since we caught up. You should PM me on the Trifle forum, you'd be more than welcome. I no longer discuss personal things about me publicly, but am quite happy to chat to you privately.

Are we allowed to advertise other forums if so I know a good one .
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby wizzywick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Guest wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
Guest wrote:Wizzywick Hilda here thanks for replying.

One of the things in my mind is not just the consumers or customers in this situation but the increasing amount of people who make a living out of selling stuff online whether it be amazon eBay or some other online company or service. How do you see the future for the increasing number of people who occupy this growing sector of the economy if there are fewer post offices and post office services in the future? Is there a case for targeted government subsidy of the service in future in order to support people who make a living this way?

My niece supplements her income by selling used in good condition but no longer wanted household items on ebay. She puts up a list of items about three times a year after a clearout. She doesn't make a fortune on it but it does help out and make a difference as well as some of it being used to save up in her holiday fund for an Annual staycation.

I do wonder how this group of workers will fare in the future.


Amazon use their own delivery system and Royal Mail. Others use Hermes or Yodel because it's cheap. The online business will continue to grow because it has altered the high street and shops they used to frequent are slowly disappearing. You can organise a courier service for as little as £3.00.

Hilda, i genuinely have been wondering how you are. It's been a while since we caught up. You should PM me on the Trifle forum, you'd be more than welcome. I no longer discuss personal things about me publicly, but am quite happy to chat to you privately.

Are we allowed to advertise other forums if so I know a good one .


Can't post links or stuff like that. At least not without asking first. I think you can mention them as long as it doesn't undermine this one.
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Guest wrote:My account that sent waldo a nasty pm was perma banned already. I'll keep doing it though until I drive her off the forum. I really hate her.


She may be a miserable cow but that’s a bit sad.

:hand:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Why since Gd has moved in with safi54 has his post count gone up tenfold? He's never fucking off DS anymore!
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Stop being so nasty to Wally. :snooty:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Me Again » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Guest wrote:Why since Gd has moved in with safi54 has his post count gone up tenfold? He's never fucking off DS anymore!


He seems compelled to reply to almost every single post in a thread, as if he's having a manic episode. Pretty sure he's responsible for quite a few quest posts here. By contrast, Safi74 hasn't been posting much. Last post 24th June and last active last night, hmm...
User avatar
Me Again
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Me Again wrote:
Guest wrote:Why since Gd has moved in with safi54 has his post count gone up tenfold? He's never fucking off DS anymore!


He seems compelled to reply to almost every single post in a thread, as if he's having a manic episode. Pretty sure he's responsible for quite a few quest posts here. By contrast, Safi74 hasn't been posting much. Last post 24th June and last active last night, hmm...


It seems to to spend the honeymoon days of your relationship constantly on online forums.

I miss safi54 posting, she had a brilliant sense of humour. I don't know what she see's in doughboy.
User avatar
Guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests