Dogs World Cup Predictions Thread... Split

Big Threads

Dogs World Cup Predictions Thread... Split

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:31 pm

BONUS ROUND PREDICITIONS

Please find below three bonus predictions which the points will be added at the end of the tournament. This gives everybody a chance to make up some much needed points at the end and keeps it interesting.

Winner: 30 points

Runner up: 15 points

Minute of first goal scored in the final: 20 points
Dean

Re: Dogs World Cup Predictions Thread...

Postby banana chewits » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:33 pm

BONUS ROUND PREDICTIONS

Winner: Portugal

Runner up: Germany

Time of first goal scored in the final: 7 minutes
banana chewits

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Winner: 30 points Uruguay

Runner up: 15 points Portugal

Time of first goal scored in the final: 20 points 17mins
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Winner: Spain

Runner up: Germany

First goal: 6 minutes
Dean

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Winner: Spain

Runner up: Brazil

First goal: 23 minutes
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:03 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:Winner: 30 points Uruguay

Runner up: 15 points Portugal

Time of first goal scored in the final: 20 points 17mins

If Uruguay even make the final I'll donate all my points to you!

They are properly rubbish.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Dean wrote:BONUS ROUND PREDICITIONS

Please find below three bonus predictions which the points will be added at the end of the tournament. This gives everybody a chance to make up some much needed points at the end and keeps it interesting.

Thats quite a hefty points prize for the winner but ok its available to everyone I suppose.

Can I make a suggestion? - that we leave this addition to the predictions until the group stages are over. The reasoning behind that is some people won't realise that the routes to the final will make some teams less likely to meet in the final because of the way the knockout games are planned.

For example: Group C winners will meet Group D runners up - Group A winners will meet Group B runners up and so on.......

So say if someone fancied Germany as winners and Iceland as runner up for arguments sake, they might already have been drawn against each other earlier so the meeting in the final could never take place.

I've looked at the routes to the final and without some dedicated time spent analysing them it's a bit complicated. I just think it will be easier for people to make a more informed choice at least, when we know how things are more likely to pan out. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Trapper John wrote:

Thats quite a hefty points prize for the winner but ok its available to everyone I suppose.

Can I make a suggestion? - that we leave this addition to the predictions until the group stages are over. The reasoning behind that is some people won't realise that the routes to the final will make some teams less likely to meet in the final because of the way the knockout games are planned.

For example: Group C winners will meet Group D runners up - Group A winners will meet Group B runners up and so on.......

So say if someone fancied Germany as winners and Iceland as runner up for arguments sake, they might already have been drawn against each other earlier so the meeting in the final could never take place.

I've looked at the routes to the final and without some dedicated time spent analysing them it's a bit complicated. I just think it will be easier for people to make a more informed choice at least, when we know how things are more likely to pan out. :dunno:

If anybody wants to wait to make their bonus predictions they can do. If those who have already made their predictions wants to ammend theirs and do it again after the group stages, that’s fine also...

There is no rush for the bonus predictions...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

If anybody wants to wait to make their bonus predictions they can do. If those who have already made their predictions wants to ammend theirs and do it again after the group stages, that’s fine also...

:thumbsup:

I'm gonna make mine on the 15th July at 5:45pm BST :laughing:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Trapper John wrote:Thats quite a hefty points prize for the winner but ok its available to everyone I suppose.

You may have a point. I can adjust the points to say 20 for the winner, 10 runner up and 15 goal time maybe?

Sound better?
Dean

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Deadline will be before the first knock out match... :laughing:
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Deadline will be before the first knock out match... :laughing:

Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby calitom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Winner: 30 points Germany

Runner up: 15 points Uruguay

Minute of first goal scored in the final: 20 points 17 minuites
calitom

Postby calitom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Thats quite a hefty points prize for the winner but ok its available to everyone I suppose.

You may have a point. I can adjust the points to say 20 for the winner, 10 runner up and 15 goal time maybe?

Sound better?

noooooo...predicting a winner and a runner up at this early stage is a serious bet. Keep the original points
calitom

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Dean wrote:

Sound better?

I think 20 sounds better, it's a decent haul for anyone and it's less likely to hike someone above a predictor who has been canny all the way through only to see themself get overhauled by someone less so, just coz they didn't pick the winner. 10 & 15 for the others is fine. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Next

Return to The Archive