DS thread #102

Big Threads

Re: DS thread #102

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Uly wrote:
Guest wrote:I don't know what's worse. Someone having the time to keep multiple DS accounts or the person reporting to DS that posters have similar writing styles.

That is good sport for a lot of them, trying to spot similar posting styles and reporting the forum members in the hope that they will be ultimately banned.

Some folks need to take a look at themselves getting all hyped up over someone posting on a forum. If someone has the time to keep multiple accounts then what's it got to do with anyone else? Both parties look pathetic in this.

You can always bet that when it's pointed that some weirdo on a forum is obviously using multiple accounts, a guest will turn up to try to convince us that merely pointing this out is somehow equally sad. No-one actually believes this, of course, but guesty will keep trying... :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Uly wrote:
Guest wrote:I don't know what's worse. Someone having the time to keep multiple DS accounts or the person reporting to DS that posters have similar writing styles.

That is good sport for a lot of them, trying to spot similar posting styles and reporting the forum members in the hope that they will be ultimately banned.

Some folks need to take a look at themselves getting all hyped up over someone posting on a forum. If someone has the time to keep multiple accounts then what's it got to do with anyone else? Both parties look pathetic in this.

You can always bet that when it's pointed that some weirdo on a forum is obviously using multiple accounts, a guest will turn up to try to convince us that merely pointing this out is somehow equally sad. No-one actually believes this, of course, but guesty will keep trying... :gigglesnshit:

It is sad though because why does it matter if someone has multiple accounts? Is'nt that their business if they want to live a life on forums? Why would anyone message ds to try and grass in someone for being a pbu. I just don't get it..lol

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Uly wrote:

It is sad though because why does it matter if someone has multiple accounts? Is'nt that their business if they want to live a life on forums? Why would anyone message ds to try and grass in someone for being a pbu. I just don't get it..lol

Why does it matter if someone grasses them up?

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:50 pm

What is Charlie on about now? Even after all this time and months of calm, she still has to make digs. Just let it go FFS!

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... a-binge/p3

If it’s anyone being sly it is her...

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Its the same with Bass55, obvious multiple account holder but DS very ueseless in taking action we can only hope when they implement that new software which can detect multiple accounts being used from the same device action is finally taken.

You do realise that any 'new software' would involve installing spyware on to DS members devices don't you?

There are already laws about the use of cookies, this would be far worse.

The Vanilla forum software on DS has an optional plugin that identifies when a poster is using more than one account, but it seems they haven't implemented it yet. I suspect it's very crude and only goes on IP addresses, in which case it's virtually useless.

Utterly useless.

People login to websites on a variety of devices, PC's, mobile devices, consoles, smart TVs etc. FS are sprinkling fairy dust around to placate the loonies.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby bogtrotter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Guest wrote:well as Gigabit/Fordfan is spouting the same shit and has learned nothing from his enforced hiatus from DS the consolation is that at least he is confining himself to DS at the moment and isnt spoiling another forum :wubbers:

His name was mentioned on here long before he joined here. Funnily enough the reason he was mentioned was because he came across as a devious little shit.

Nothing has changed.
bogtrotter

Postby Nucks » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Uly wrote:That is good sport for a lot of them, trying to spot similar posting styles and reporting the forum members in the hope that they will be ultimately banned.

Why does it matter if someone grasses them up?

Snitches get stitches! :monkey:

:gigglesnshit:

Pbu’s seem less harmful than multiple accounts. But if you got banned because you were a dick, and you rejoin still being a dick, it’s not surprising that people notice. I’ve occasionally commented that poster X sounds a lot like someone who no longer posts on DS but I’ve never cared enough to alert the mods about it.

Are they still thinking the like/agree numbers are in any way meaningful? If so, that might be why they’re looking to catch multiple account users who might be artificially inflating their totals.
Nucks

Postby Gigabit » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Evening Nucks, hope you're well. The avi gets me every time haha
Gigabit

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

This might sound crazy but I'm convinced that Brian_Grahams is Owen Jones. I've noticed subjects Owen will waffle on about on his Twitter are often word for word similar to the stuff Brain comes out with.

Postby guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Guest wrote:What is Charlie on about now? Even after all this time and months of calm, she still has to make digs. Just let it go FFS!

Whatever it was seems to have been zapped.

Must be the heat.

:shoot:

Postby Nucks » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Gigabit wrote:Evening Nucks, hope you're well. The avi gets me every time haha

Evening Gigs. :more beer:
Nucks

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:39 pm

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:What is Charlie on about now? Even after all this time and months of calm, she still has to make digs. Just let it go FFS!

Whatever it was seems to have been zapped.

Must be the heat.

:shoot:

I saw it, it wasn’t very nice really. Making a personal comment about domestic violence is a bit below the belt and no wonder the mod’s removed it.

:shake head:

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 pm

What was said?

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:54 pm

What personal comment, to who?
Junglejayne

Postby guest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Junglejayne wrote:What personal comment, to who?

From what i saw there was a comment about domestic violence being unacceptable regardless of the reason or excuse and Charlie had replied "a little to close to home for you?"

Disgusting really, what the hell is wrong with her?
:off head:

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive